On screen controls not showing, a few times randomly showed.

Old threads
djdafreund
Primary Device: touch pro (Herman)
Operating System: 23128
ROM: NRG-ROM (Aug.12) Sense 2.5

On screen controls not showing, a few times randomly showed.

Postby djdafreund » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:55 am

This is very cool first of all!! Such incredible progress is amazing. Anyhow, i followed the Youtube video's are helpfull. The weird thing is this. I have everything done and set up, but no on screen buttons are seen. I got them to show a few times randomly. Trying to track down the issue, i noticed a few times i got them to show by changing the grid to almost the minimum and all the sudden i saw it appear, and then upped the grid to much more and they still showed.
Then next time i loaded up the emu, they weren't seen again. I'm using the analog stick for joystick (2nd one from the 3), set up the grid, control, icon used, color (yellow for my taste), exited the menu, but no on screen controls. Any idea's? Again, 2 times i seem to get it to show (not everytime though.) by manually adjusting the grid to like 6-8 or so, they appeared and then bumped the grid back up to the desired number and it stayed.

I have a Touch Pro, using the recommended ini fix for VGA. Which the bottom graphics (2 lines) are still cropped off, but still fixed showing the control's at least all on display. I am willing to help contribute making a proper VGA skin though, as there are tons of people out there with VGA machine's. I also searched a bunch in the thread's and didn't notice this mentioned yet. I am using the default display method, which i believe is 2. Since i read Touch Pro / Touch Pro 2 users are only getting sound and no video with using 4 (dx i believe is 4?)

Thanks for any help in advance guys.

mastanobu
Addict
Primary Device: Touch Pro 2 (Tilt 2)
Operating System: build 21887 6.5
ROM: Josh's PerfectBlack 1.7-FINAL

Re: On screen controls not showing, a few times randomly showed.

Postby mastanobu » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:40 am

Make sure you are exiting FpseCE properly by holding the little power button on the top left of the GUI. Also are you reopening the same game for on screen controls? Each game will have it's own set of on screen controls.
Find me at http://www.totalgamerz.com - Ryo
XDA - ryotgz

djdafreund
Primary Device: touch pro (Herman)
Operating System: 23128
ROM: NRG-ROM (Aug.12) Sense 2.5

Re: On screen controls not showing, a few times randomly showed.

Postby djdafreund » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:18 am

Yeah, i am using Gran Tourismo. I have a few other's but they don't work. I have still 10-12 PS1 games sitting around somewhere to use, but for now i am using the same game. In terms of exiting, watching the video just showed it exiting properly the menu, not the emulator itself, which i am properly doing. The weird thing i am seeing though is not seeing it at all, then changing the control grid to a low number, and all the sudden seeing the controls on the screen above, so from my experience so far (forgive me for being new that is) i replicated not having the need to actually exit out, and having the control's work, but AM having irratic behavior with the on screen not always showing the controls, even with them showing they are set, and when exiting and going back in even they are still showing there properly, yet not showing on screen in the game window. Should the video mode have ANYTHING to do with it you think? (using mode 2, default on my ini i downloaded for Touch pro's.)

Return to “Archives”