Karl Franz
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy S3
Operating System: Android
ROM: SCPH1001.BIN

Samsung Galaxy S3 Best Configuration

Postby Karl Franz » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:40 pm

Hi !
Today I bought in Google Play FPse for Android (version 0.11.69). My phone is Samsung Galaxy S3 so I think that there should be no problem with emulation most of the PSX games. I chose in settings OpenGL-ES 2 Blitting so the quality of video is pretty good.
But I have problem with sound (it cutts most of the time).
Can you suggest me the best settings for my phone (which options should be ticked for best functioning), or maybe I should also change my bios (SCPH1001) ?
I will be thankful for all of your advices :)

If this topic (or questions) is a duplicate of another one, please send me a correct link :)

Greetings,
Karl Franz

Matt516
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: Stock?

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Best Configuration

Postby Matt516 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:31 am

I'm also using a Galaxy S3 and having issues with sound. Nothing game breaking, but music tends to speed up and slow down a bit even when framerate stays constant. I've tried various variations on settings, but to no avail.

Setting tinkered with include:
Spusync (almost always on but I've tried it off)
Reduce Latency (and corresponding setting in misc)
Framelimiter, skip, and old versions of both

Haven't gotten the sound to sound right yet. The game I'm trying to run is Final Fantasy Tactics - so not exactly demanding on the processor. Just some bug with the sound that I haven't been able to pin down yet. Any help would be most appreciated. Great job on the emulator!

Matt516
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: Stock?

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Best Configuration

Postby Matt516 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:39 am

One thing I have noticed is that some people suggest changing LastSPU=0peopspu109.dll to LastSPU=peopspu109.dll in the .ini file to solve sound issues. Only problem is, when I look in the .ini file, I see LastSPU=spunull.dll - is this supposed to be set to this? Is the fix I mentioned above only for Windows phone OS perhaps? Or is my .ini file wrong (and therefore that might be the problem?).

Return to “Samsung Galaxy S II (GT-i9100)”