select memcard & savestate path - proper reinstall

Metal Head
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Operating System: Android

Re: select memcard & savestate path - proper reinstall

Postby Metal Head » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:22 pm

I need some help. Somehow my save files ended up in the wrong folder. I can still see them in my phone's memory but when I try to "load game" in FPse, all the slots say empty. What folder should my save files be in so that FPse will recognize them??? Please help! I'm 25+ hours into Suikoden 2!

arogance1
Primary Device: HTC One X

Postby arogance1 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:21 am

sdcard/.fpse/sstates is the default but you can't see the .fpse folder unless your phone is rooted.

Try resetting your settings back to default then load the game.
If this works, load the save state, then change the location to somewhere easier to get to (I keep saves and games in a PSX folder), and save the game again

Metal Head
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Postby Metal Head » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:58 am

Thanks so much!!! I moved the save files to sstates in .fpse, restarted my phone, and they were recognized by the emulator again. Thanks again. Now I can finish this awesome game

Prestonstyg
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: DROID X2
ROM: Fpse

Postby Prestonstyg » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:34 pm

Hey, I'm having a problem saving period. The save state works, but I need in game saving for Final Fantasy 9 in order to do the disc change when the time comes. Also, I have Crash Bandicoot & when I try to save it says " checking format". Why can't I save in game? Somebody teach me. I've only had fpse for 2 days so I'm a total newbie so be nicr. Thanks!

InactiveYeti
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy S3
Operating System: Android 4.1.1
ROM: Stock

Postby InactiveYeti » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:41 pm

Hey! I have a question about the backup process. Everything I have read says that after you pick the backup option you should have memcard files and savestates in the backup folder. I have tried this backup process numerous times and it never creates any memcard or savestate files. This isn't a problem for the savestates as you can set the folder for those. But I cannot get those memcard files. What am I doing wrong? Does your phone need to be rooted for fpse to make the memcard files? Thanks for your help!

mideel
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: axioo
Operating System: android
ROM: iso

Postby mideel » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:42 pm

guys, anyone can guide me?

i'm planning to reset my tablet to default factory settings but i want my games saved data can be used later after i re install fpse?

what are the steps i must follow?

thanks...

nyk33
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: galxay 3
Operating System: android
ROM: fpse

Postby nyk33 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:51 pm

I cannot save my jade cocoon game keeps saying save failed and load failed. ... if someone can message me and explain how can I fix this issue so I can enjoy this game thanks

keneticmotion
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Lenovo K1
Operating System: Android 3.2.1

Postby keneticmotion » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:37 am

Hi, if someone can please help, I'd be most appreciative. Here's what happened:

1) I started playing Chrono Cross on psx4droid.
2) I downloaded FPSE to continue playing because I could not get psx4droid to do the change disc portion.
3) I copied psx4droid's memory card files (i.e., mcd001.mcr and mcd002.mcr) into .fpse/memcards, deleted the original slot1.mcd and slot2.mcd files and renamed the psx4droid's memory card files as slot1.mcd and slot2.mcd so that FPSE could recognize them.
4) I continued playing Chrono Cross and beat the game (the good ending, mind you ;D).
5) I finished watching the entire ending credits until it went to a black screen. I went into FPSE's menu and hit "Quit Game."
6) I reloaded Chrono Cross, tried to find New Game+, but could not find it. I tried to continue with my last save, but couldn't find it, either. In fact, all the saves I had made since performing Step 3 had disappeared.
7) I went into .fpse/memcards and found that the files I had renamed in Step 3 had reverted back to their original psx4droid file names and there were no FPSE memory card files to be found....
8) I reverted the reverted files back into FPSE's memory card names.
9) I loaded the game and checked out the saves. They were back, but only up to the saves as they were in Step 1, meaning that I lost all the saves from when I continued playing on FPSE. Sad :(.

If someone could please tell me what I did wrong, I'd be most appreciative. My thoughts are:

1) psx4droid and FPSE memory card files were incompatible to start with and I should not have tried to just copy the psx4droid ones over and try to use them as FPSE ones. However...
2) ...the reason that I don't think that this is the whole story is because I had been saving just fine and continuing the game just fine and in fact, I just tested it out. I went back to an old save, did the disc-change, made an in-game save, hit "Quit Game" and "Quit" FPSE and tried to go back and play again and the post-disc-change in-game save was still there and loaded fine, so...
3) ...I'm thinking that hitting the "Quit Game" after the credits somehow made FPSE reset the memory card files in .fpse/memcards and revert them back to their psx4droid ones, which would be just ludicrous...wouldn't it?
4) My only other thinking is that a setting that I changed somewhere else caused this glitch or that this is a Chrono Cross-specific issue (which I doubt) or anything :O :D -- honestly, I'm stumped :D.

Whatever the reason for my problem, if someone could please explain it to me, I'd be most appreciative, so that 1) I don't do it again, 2) others don't make the same mistake that I did and 3) hopefully, I can recover the lost saves! Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you!

As an aside, I also had a problem with the save states. Every time I tried to do a Quick Save, it would not save. Not sure what that's about, but if anyone has any suggestions on what to try, I'd be most appreciative. I tried directing it to a folder I made called FPSE, but this did not work. Thanks!

PS - Sorry if this is the incorrect thread in which to post this. Please feel free to move it, if need be.

PPS - I think that my lost saves are probably a lost cause, but just in case, I'm posting to maintain hope :D.
Last edited by keneticmotion on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

keneticmotion
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Lenovo K1
Operating System: Android 3.2.1

Postby keneticmotion » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:59 am

bigtfatty wrote:Is there anyway to get fpse to recognize savestates/memory cards from other PSX emulators (i.e ePSXe)? I've put alot of hours into FF8 and FF9, and fPSE is by far the superior emulator, but I would hope they can recognize each other save formats? I also cannot find any folder named .fpse or anything like that that might contain the savestates/mem cards. There was a .psxe folder that contained mcd001.mcr and mcd002.mcr and a file named tmpSaveState. Anybody have any ideas?!

Edit: Update: Used Memxtool to convert my .mcr -> .mcd files and pointed Fpse to said file as slot 1, but when I load a game, it doesn't recognize any data/saved games. I feel like I'm one step off/wrong, ANY IDEAS?

Hi, bigtfatty, I had tried to simply rename my psx4droid memory card files to match FPSE's memory card file names, but that may or may not have worked. That is, I managed to finish playing my game, but then upon completion and trying to go back in to New Game+, the "imported" save files were all gone and my save file had reverted itself back to the psx4droid memory card file...it even changed its own name back. Not really sure what happened, so if you have a clue, please let me know, too. Now I'm playing FFVII on those same memory cards and if this happens again, I'll be even sadder :O :D.

eyebeekaii
Primary Device: Yarvik TAB10-201
Operating System: 31641203228
ROM: Stock, but rooted

Postby eyebeekaii » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:17 pm

Hello people, i need some help here...

My tablet - or mostly my SD card suddenly decided to go corrupt, with a 60+ hours "perfect" final fantasy 7 save game on it...

Now the sd card is corrupted, and recovering the data takes about 20+ days, and even then there is no telling what kind of data i can recover.

But there is FPse data on my tablet itself. Is it possible to recover the save state data from the tablet, or is it always definately saved to the sd card ? Any info on this topic is very welcome :)

Thanx in advance !
eyebeekaii

Return to “General Discussion”