Hi, if someone can please help, I'd be most appreciative. Here's what happened:
1) I started playing Chrono Cross on psx4droid.
2) I downloaded FPSE to continue playing because I could not get psx4droid to do the change disc portion.
3) I copied psx4droid's memory card files (i.e., mcd001.mcr and mcd002.mcr) into .fpse/memcards, deleted the original slot1.mcd and slot2.mcd files and renamed the psx4droid's memory card files as slot1.mcd and slot2.mcd so that FPSE could recognize them.
4) I continued playing Chrono Cross and beat the game (the good ending, mind you ;D).
5) I finished watching the entire ending credits until it went to a black screen. I went into FPSE's menu and hit "Quit Game."
6) I reloaded Chrono Cross, tried to find New Game+, but could not find it. I tried to continue with my last save, but couldn't find it, either. In fact, all the saves I had made since performing Step 3 had disappeared.
7) I went into .fpse/memcards and found that the files I had renamed in Step 3 had reverted back to their original psx4droid file names and there were no FPSE memory card files to be found....
8) I reverted the reverted files back into FPSE's memory card names.
9) I loaded the game and checked out the saves. They were back, but only up to the saves as they were in Step 1, meaning that I lost all the saves from when I continued playing on FPSE. Sad
If someone could please tell me what I did wrong, I'd be most appreciative. My thoughts are:
1) psx4droid and FPSE memory card files were incompatible to start with and I should not have tried to just copy the psx4droid ones over and try to use them as FPSE ones. However...
2) ...the reason that I don't think that this is the whole story is because I had been saving just fine and continuing the game just fine and in fact, I just tested it out. I went back to an old save, did the disc-change, made an in-game save, hit "Quit Game" and "Quit" FPSE and tried to go back and play again and the post-disc-change in-game save was still there and loaded fine, so...
3) ...I'm thinking that hitting the "Quit Game" after the credits somehow made FPSE reset the memory card files in .fpse/memcards and revert them back to their psx4droid ones, which would be just ludicrous...wouldn't it?
4) My only other thinking is that a setting that I changed somewhere else caused this glitch or that this is a Chrono Cross-specific issue (which I doubt) or anything :O
-- honestly, I'm stumped
Whatever the reason for my problem, if someone could please explain it to me, I'd be most appreciative, so that 1) I don't do it again, 2) others don't make the same mistake that I did and 3) hopefully, I can recover the lost saves! Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you!
As an aside, I also had a problem with the save states. Every time I tried to do a Quick Save, it would not save. Not sure what that's about, but if anyone has any suggestions on what to try, I'd be most appreciative. I tried directing it to a folder I made called FPSE, but this did not work. Thanks!
PS - Sorry if this is the incorrect thread in which to post this. Please feel free to move it, if need be.
PPS - I think that my lost saves are probably a lost cause, but just in case, I'm posting to maintain hope