OpenGL Plugin makes FPSE crash on Sony Xperia U

Dan89
Primary Device: Sony Xperia U
Operating System: Android 2.3.7

OpenGL Plugin makes FPSE crash on Sony Xperia U

Postby Dan89 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:15 pm

There isn't any section for this device so I hope posting here would be fine.

I have a Sony Xperia U, running android 2.3.7, GPU Mali 400p, running Metal Gear Solid and few other games perfectly on FPSE.

Then I tried to play FF9, but it seemed very pixellated, as you can see here:

So I tried to use the OpenGL plugin but with it, fpse KEEP crashing, resetting and then asking for an ISO to insert right after the Sony logo ad the start of the boot :| I insert an ISO, it starts, but when it arrives to the Sony logo it reboots, and so on...

And this happens with every game...

Any tips?

Thx guys

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: OpenGL Plugin makes FPSE crash on Sony Xperia U

Postby bluezeak » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:30 pm

So, games works ok in software mode, but then when you switch to OpenGL it crashes? AOL games crash worth OpenGL?

Do you have a copy of the plugin on your sdcard that you're using, our do you download it from within FPSE? If you have a local copy, have you tried downloading it? If you download it, have you tried redownloading the plugin? Also, if you download it from inside FPSE, you can try saving a copy of the plugin to yoursdcard and loading the plugin Fromm your sdcard. See my signature for a link to my OpenGL post, and check the link on it to download a copy of the plugin.

I can't play ff9 without OpenGL anymore, the gfx are just so much better.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Dan89

Postby Dan89 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:39 pm

bluezeak wrote:So, games works ok in software mode, but then when you switch to OpenGL it crashes?

That's right.

AOL games crash worth OpenGL?

I don't know what you mean for AOL games, and I didn't understand the question XD

Do you have a copy of the plugin on your sdcard that you're using, our do you download it from within FPSE? If you have a local copy, have you tried downloading it?

I downloaded the plugin, and put it into a folder in my sdcard.

If you download it, have you tried redownloading the plugin? Also, if you download it from inside FPSE, you can try saving a copy of the plugin to yoursdcard and loading the plugin Fromm your sdcard. See my signature for a link to my OpenGL post, and check the link on it to download a copy of the plugin.

I just re-downloaded it from your link but it still crashes right like before. :cry:

foleyjo
Enthusiast
Primary Device: JXD S601

Postby foleyjo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:43 am

I have exactly the same problem on JXDs601. If I use HLE bios mode some games show a bit more. 40 Winks gets to the title screen before crashing. This on started after the previous 2 updates. I started using Chainfire3D around the same time and assumed it was a conflict with that

Dan89

Postby Dan89 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:32 pm

I just read about the "tekken 3 trick" and I was wondering...is any version of tekken 3 fine? PAL or NTSC? Italian or Uk? Is it the same?

storm20200
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Postby storm20200 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:40 pm

The tekken 3 trick was for Mali-400 GPU's and isn't required anymore because Schtruck found a work around for that issue I believe.
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

Dan89

Postby Dan89 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:20 pm

I have Mali 400 GPU on my Xperia U but it doesn't seem the problem is fixed actually...

Dan89

Postby Dan89 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:17 pm

I resolved using the Tekken 3 trick, now games boot (even if not perfectly) :mrgreen:

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:32 am

@Dan89 -
I meant "do ALL games have the problem" not "do AOL games have the problem".

Also, one of the things I was asking you to try was to download the plugin from within fpse. when you choose 'opengl' from the misc menu, it asks 'sdcard or download'. If you were using the sdcard to load it, I was suggesting you download it from withing the app, and if you deownloaded it from withing the app, I was suggesting you download it from the website, then load it from your sd card. sounds like you have it on your sd card, so I was suggesting you download it from within the app.

I'm glad that you may have it fixed. Something is off though, since schtruck did do a bunch of work to get the mali400 to work without the trick. The other thing you can try is the 'interpreter' option from the system menu. Schtruck implemented this as one of the possible workaround in version 11.28 (I believe) - specifically for them mali400 issue. see my link in my signatrure - and from there see the link for the release notes.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

storm20200
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Postby storm20200 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:41 am

What version of FPse are you using?
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

Return to “Sony-Ericsson Xperia PLAY”