Wiimotes/PS3 controllers - working on stock ICS S2/Note ?S3

NZtechfreak
Primary Device: SGSII
Operating System: Android
ROM: Cognition 1.13

Wiimotes/PS3 controllers - working on stock ICS S2/Note ?S3

Postby NZtechfreak » Sat May 12, 2012 12:19 pm

Connecting a few dots here and it looks near-certain that the S3 will support WiiMotes on stock firmwares over bluetooth, and PS3 controllers via USB OTG, and also have support for midi devices via USB OTG. Pretty cool stuff. Details.

Gimbulate
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Operating System: Android
ROM: Omega v7.1

Re: Wiimotes/PS3 controllers - working on stock ICS S2/Note

Postby Gimbulate » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:10 pm

NZtechfreak wrote:Connecting a few dots here and it looks near-certain that the S3 will support WiiMotes on stock firmwares over bluetooth, and PS3 controllers via USB OTG, and also have support for midi devices via USB OTG. Pretty cool stuff. Details.

Hey techfreak,

Thanks for your videos and posts, tons of useful info.

I was just wondering if the game controllers had to be 'official' (Sony, etc...), or whether third party peripherals were OK too? AC

Thanks.

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Wiimotes/PS3 controllers - working on stock ICS S2/Note

Postby bluezeak » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:47 am

NZtechfreak wrote:Connecting a few dots here and it looks near-certain that the S3 will support WiiMotes on stock firmwares over bluetooth, and PS3 controllers via USB OTG, and also have support for midi devices via USB OTG. Pretty cool stuff. Details.

I did a ton of research into USB On the Go (OTG) today, totally separate of your post. It's very very cool, if your phone supports it. Allows you to plug USB devices of any type into your phone - if your phone has drivers for them, it can use them. My phone does OTG (thankfully) but it has power issues and needs a bit of a contorted setup with a y cable and usb hub (other phones just need a OTG cable available from amazon cheap).

Also, my phone works with the wiimote - that's very cool, and they're so common, works well ... (have I used it with FPSE or just snes emus?)

Anyway, thanks for the heads up.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Return to “General Discussion”