Pixelated on Final Fantasy VIII

monkeysu
Primary Device: Samsung Note
Operating System: Android

Pixelated on Final Fantasy VIII

Postby monkeysu » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:35 pm

Hi everyone,

Currently i'm a Samsung Note user. And i just brought Fpse android from the market, and i even brought the bios over there. I downloaded FF VIII rom(contain .img and .cue) and was very excited to try on my notes. But when i was in the game, i was very disappointed because it was very very pixelated. So i tried to search on google, how to solve the problem. And i found that i actually can download openGL plugin. So i actually downloaded libopenglplugin.so. And once i was in the game, i click on setting and from the Misc, software gpu plugin and choose the openGL. After that i click on click and restart. But it still remain the same. And sometime, the game was remain as black screen, but i actually can heard the music was still playing. Can anyone please help me solve the problems? I really wish to play my fav game final fantasy on my notes. Really thanks so much if you all able to help me.

monkeysu

Re: Pixelated on Final Fantasy VIII

Postby monkeysu » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:21 pm

can anyone please help me?
:(

monkeysu

Postby monkeysu » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:07 am

Really thanks for your reply. But I had tried using close instead of restart. But it still pixelated. And I don't know why nowadays when I start fpse, it will give me black screen. is there any other way to solve this problems? Final fantasy was once my favorite game, and I really wish to play on my phone. really hope that there is a solution to help me solve my problems.

Thanks again for your reply, and looking forward of your reply again.

hungsterx
Primary Device: Sonyericsson Arc S
ROM: FF8

Postby hungsterx » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:08 pm

When you use the openglplugin the game will be much slower. So you might just need to wait a little bit longer than usual. Also the movies might not play to just because of that but the will give you a black frame at the moment. I suggest you skip the plugin since it is still not mature enough to be used. It will not get rid of the pixelerate thing at the borders of the object and actually it puts a very ugly black line around thebjects which is worse than the default plugin.

monkeysu

Postby monkeysu » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:35 pm

Oh.. so i just don't click on the openGL? Thanks for your advice, but when during the black screen, i still able to heard the background music. So issit due to the openGL too? And any idea to solve the pixelated problems that i had faced? T_T First time buying FPSE.. the purpose i buy because i wanna play final fantasy. T_T

hungsterx
Primary Device: Sonyericsson Arc S
ROM: FF8

Postby hungsterx » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:40 am

No I don't know how to fix the pixelerate thing and the plugin is too slow to play FFViii. But the biggest question is actually how the hell can the game be pixelated because the original is not and this is the original game played in an emulator but the resolution should not be changed. Your old TV should be not much more than 512x320 in resolution and there was no pixelarate like this before in the old times, how the hell can it be that now?

I really want to know how this could happen too.

monkeysu

Postby monkeysu » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:03 pm

OMG, but isn't there any support to help us solve the problems? I had brought fpse emulator for bout a week and i have not even play a single game on it yet. I believe there must be a way to solve the pixelated problems, am i right to said that?

storm20200
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Postby storm20200 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:24 pm

monkeysu wrote:Really thanks for your reply. But I had tried using close instead of restart. But it still pixelated. And I don't know why nowadays when I start fpse, it will give me black screen. is there any other way to solve this problems? Final fantasy was once my favorite game, and I really wish to play on my phone. really hope that there is a solution to help me solve my problems.

When you start FPSE and select a game to play does it stay black then just ask you to select a game again?
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

monkeysu

Postby monkeysu » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:05 am

storm20200 wrote:
monkeysu wrote:Really thanks for your reply. But I had tried using close instead of restart. But it still pixelated. And I don't know why nowadays when I start fpse, it will give me black screen. is there any other way to solve this problems? Final fantasy was once my favorite game, and I really wish to play on my phone. really hope that there is a solution to help me solve my problems.

When you start FPSE and select a game to play does it stay black then just ask you to select a game again?

Yes! Now I tried few roms and it kept remain as black screen. And I waited very long period but the screen remain the same!

storm20200
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Postby storm20200 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:57 pm

The problem is with the Samsung drivers I think, nothing you can do about it as it is a known issue. To get FPse working as soon as you select an ISO quickly open the menu then go in miscellaneous and choose the software mode. Next quit FPse and it will work.

To get OpenGL working you have to follow these instructions exactly. viewtopic.php?p=25873#p25873
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

Return to “General Discussion”