Old threads
mastanobu
Addict
Primary Device: Touch Pro 2 (Tilt 2)
Operating System: build 21887 6.5
ROM: Josh's PerfectBlack 1.7-FINAL

Re: Bluetooth Gamepad BGP100 paired with HTC HD2

Postby mastanobu » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:58 am

In FpseCE, when you press the on-screen button make sure the number changes to "---". If it does not change to a blank value then you may not be pressing the right spot. I usually have to press right below the button.
Find me at http://www.totalgamerz.com - Ryo
XDA - ryotgz

CloudStrife86
Global Moderator
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2

Postby CloudStrife86 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:12 am

clubtech wrote:4) i then go to FPSECE to try and assign the buttons but i see that ALL buttons suddenly have no number values in them. clicking on a button (say X) i see the number 113. i click the gamepad and nothing happens. i try to click another button in FPSE (say O) again i see the same number (113) and when i click the gamepad nothing happens.

If every number is changing to 113 before you get a chance to click the one you want, I can tell you that is a bug. The best work-around I've found, short of re-installing FpseCE, is to hold down the button you want to use (on the gamepad) before tapping the control on the screen, without having released the button. The number should then change properly. Here's a quick how-to:

Go to controller config menu => Hold down button you want to use on the gamepad => Tap the button you want to map the mad to (X, O, etc.) => Release the gamepad button and check the number has appeared.
Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

ben86

Postby ben86 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:26 pm

CloudStrife86 wrote:
clubtech wrote:4) i then go to FPSECE to try and assign the buttons but i see that ALL buttons suddenly have no number values in them. clicking on a button (say X) i see the number 113. i click the gamepad and nothing happens. i try to click another button in FPSE (say O) again i see the same number (113) and when i click the gamepad nothing happens.

If every number is changing to 113 before you get a chance to click the one you want, I can tell you that is a bug. The best work-around I've found, short of re-installing FpseCE, is to hold down the button you want to use (on the gamepad) before tapping the control on the screen, without having released the button. The number should then change properly. Here's a quick how-to:

Go to controller config menu => Hold down button you want to use on the gamepad => Tap the button you want to map the mad to (X, O, etc.) => Release the gamepad button and check the number has appeared.

i get the 133 bug as well (using a bgp100 but without msi logo). i followed your step by step but still i cant assign any button for the gamepad
well at least im not alone with that ;) I ordered another bgp100 (msi version) to check if that causes the problem.

mastanobu
Addict

Postby mastanobu » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:30 pm

Just got my MSI BGP100 today. After a bit of tinkering it appears to work really well. Please note that the MSI version "logo" is just a clear sticker on it that says MSI.
XDA - ryotgz

ben86

Postby ben86 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:49 pm

mastanobu wrote:Just got my MSI BGP100 today. After a bit of tinkering it appears to work really well. Please note that the MSI version "logo" is just a clear sticker on it that says MSI.

hm would you please post your fpsece.ini and if you have a tekken 3.ini? and tell me what exactly did you do to get it work ("After a bit of tinkering")? i figured out that i used a bad type of battery so now its blinking green all the time :D (AAA are available in 1.2 volt and 1.5 volt, the gamepad needs 1.5 volts).

mastanobu
Addict

Postby mastanobu » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:02 am

This is my walk through for pairing the MSI BGP100J (mine has a J on the end) with the TP2 running HTC Sense 2.5 (LEO). Should work in a similar way for others.

Make sure the gamepad is on then on your phone go in your bluetooth settings and select add device. My phone saw it as "GAMEPAD". Select it and enter "0000" as the passkey. Mine saw the following features "SPP slave" select that option and continue. It will then ask you to select a local serial port to assign "SPP Slave", select COM2. After setup is done, you should see that' GAMEPAD' is now paired with your device. There was a '+' to the right of the name and I expanded it and saw "SPP Slave". I selected it and it said "establishing connection then put a two-way arrow ( <--> ). Close out of the Bluetooth options.

Before starting FpseCE you will need to modify your ini files. Not sure if you need to do all of this, but this is how I got it to work after a few attempts:

You will only need to place "BTPAD=2" under [JOY0KEY] in your desired INIs. If you already have an existing game specific .ini, place BTPAD=2 in both the game specific .ini and in fpse.ini. I then launched the main FpseCE 0.10 icon on the start menu (not the game icon). It prompted me for the following: "Please select a serial port connection shortcut to connect:" My options were 'Add...' & 'GAMEPAD (SPP SLAVE)'. I selected 'GAMEPAD' and continued. I mapped my keys for the game and closed FpseCE. I loaded my game specific icon and was able to play :)
XDA - ryotgz

i900frenchaddict
Global Moderator
Primary Device: Galaxy Note 4

Postby i900frenchaddict » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:14 am

Very nice and clear Tutorial mastanobu!

I'll simply copy it in the support section wh'n I'm back from the hospital

Just note, with every device and not only the HD2:
Once you've paired the BGP100 once, and set it to the correct Com port, the next time you'll use it, you'll just have to turn the gamepad on and make sure bluetooth is activated on your device, no need to pair it again, just start FpseCE that will offer you to connect the gamepad "It prompted me for the following: "Please select a serial port connection shortcut to connect:" My options were 'Add...' & 'GAMEPAD (SPP SLAVE)'. I selected 'GAMEPAD' and continued."

For example, my omnia refuses to really pair the MSI, but let me set it as Com2 (even if I can't get it to appear in the connected BT devices list), but fpsece finished the job, it connects it.

Another vid with the MSI: Tekken 1, 2 and 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_fAspJKY04

ben86

Postby ben86 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:34 pm

okay, my bgp100 (non msi version) gamepad just dont want to work with the hd2 (it does with htc touch diamond), i even hardresettet 2 times :( i hope hongkongpost doesnt take too long to deliver my ordered msi bgp100 xD.

mastanobu
Addict

Postby mastanobu » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:20 pm

ben86 wrote:okay, my bgp100 (non msi version) gamepad just dont want to work with the hd2 (it does with htc touch diamond), i even hardresettet 2 times :( i hope hongkongpost doesnt take too long to deliver my ordered msi bgp100 xD.

Strange it works with the Diamond and not HD2. Have you tried a different rom? Sometimes that can make the difference.

i900frenchaddict wrote:Very nice and clear Tutorial mastanobu!

I'll simply copy it in the support section wh'n I'm back from the hospital

Thanks! I was hoping it was easy to follow.
XDA - ryotgz

ben86

Postby ben86 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:32 pm

mastanobu wrote:
ben86 wrote:okay, my bgp100 (non msi version) gamepad just dont want to work with the hd2 (it does with htc touch diamond), i even hardresettet 2 times :( i hope hongkongpost doesnt take too long to deliver my ordered msi bgp100 xD.

Strange it works with the Diamond and not HD2. Have you tried a different rom? Sometimes that can make the difference.

I have the up to date HTC rom installed and didnt install any other non htc rom so far. well i would say i really did try everything what i can do :P if the msi one works ill be happy and write about it here again

Return to “Archives”