Fpse for Android Feature Requests

storm20200
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Re: Fpse for Android Feature Requests

Postby storm20200 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:27 pm

Yes I also store all of my games on my external MicroSD card.
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

Black Chamber
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S III
Operating System: Android ICS 4.0
ROM: Final Fantasy VII

Postby Black Chamber » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:12 pm

I tried that, but it won't allow me to select it on the menu that pulls up when selecting a folder for my ISO's.

Anyway, since it already does that - I'll change my request to optimizing FPSE for the Samsung Galaxy S III so that it runs flawlessly. ;)

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:15 am

black chamber - I have to do this to access my external sdcard:
/mnt/sdcard

Edit:
Excuse me, I mistyped that. Its
/mnt/sdcard-ext
Last edited by bluezeak on Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:44 am

on galaxy SIII to access external SDcard, you have to go to /mnt/extSDCard.

treekz
Primary Device: HTC Desire S

Postby treekz » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:24 pm

@1st I would like to give my out most thumb numbing thumbs up gratitude to schtruck for making fpse. I was using it quite a while then only realized to buy the app in googleplay. It was amazing actually totally different from the free version. Now if only we could have pads for Driving & remapping those buttons like those in Arcade Style Buttons, you know the ones that line up horizontally not the awkward diagonal then vertical layout that I'm kinda enduring for a while now. ^_^" Thank you very much & more power to you.

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:30 am

on the touchpad you can rearrange the buttons

ferrummaster
Primary Device: P990
Operating System: WIN8
ROM: Custom

Postby ferrummaster » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:25 pm

I don't if it is already suggested,

I would like to have an option to upload save files to some cloud service automatically and sync them. Whatever Gdrive, box etc...

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:35 am

about file synchronization:
I don't know of any service that does this, but I have a suggestion for you:
backup your fpse config (menu, misc, backup). This copied things to /sdcard/fpsebackup. the memory card files are in /memorycard and the save state files are in /savestate. Create a new folder somewhere and copy those two folders to the new location. I use /mnt/sdcard-ext/files/games/emulation/psx. Use an application like astro, or just plug your phone into your computer. To use the files in the new location, in fpse go to menu, misc, meory card, and menu, misc, savestate - then choose the location you copied the files to.

Now that you have the files copied into a new location, you can use any software that is available to copy / synce those folders wherever you want. So - if you find an application that will sync your files, it will work.

What I would like to see is something that captures your opengl settings and uploads them to a central location, and then you can choose those settings from inside fpse. Even if you couldn't choose them from inside fpse, it would be great if you could at least upload them so others could see what worked for you for different games. even better, if it captured what type of hardware you had (gpu, memory, cpu, etc) - that may be too much, but if you could manually type it in that would work too.

ferrummaster
Primary Device: P990
Operating System: WIN8
ROM: Custom

Postby ferrummaster » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:59 am

bluezeak wrote:about file synchronization:
I don't know of any service that does this, but I have a suggestion for you:
backup your fpse config (menu, misc, backup). This copied things to /sdcard/fpsebackup. the memory card files are in /memorycard and the save state files are in /savestate. Create a new folder somewhere and copy those two folders to the new location. I use /mnt/sdcard-ext/files/games/emulation/psx. Use an application like astro, or just plug your phone into your computer. To use the files in the new location, in fpse go to menu, misc, meory card, and menu, misc, savestate - then choose the location you copied the files to.

Now that you have the files copied into a new location, you can use any software that is available to copy / synce those folders wherever you want. So - if you find an application that will sync your files, it will work.

What I would like to see is something that captures your opengl settings and uploads them to a central location, and then you can choose those settings from inside fpse. Even if you couldn't choose them from inside fpse, it would be great if you could at least upload them so others could see what worked for you for different games. even better, if it captured what type of hardware you had (gpu, memory, cpu, etc) - that may be too much, but if you could manually type it in that would work too.

Yeah got the idea, very simple one yes. But is actually doesn't differ by simply storing the files in some safe place on removable sdcard.

And yes it would be great to sync also OpenGL specific settings for each of us. I hope the creators will hear this out.

storm20200
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Postby storm20200 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:49 am

This will no doubt have been mentioned by now and I feel like a nob for not checking but having FPse default to saving states and memory cards on an SD card or somewhere that isn't in the standard data location that it uses now would make many people more happy. The countless comments saying people lost savings from reinstalling and people not knowing how to backup their states and memory cards would almost disappear if they were stored in a location that wasn't wiped every FPse reinstall.
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

Return to “News”