Samsung Galaxy S2 Bluetooth controller

marc.knuckle
Primary Device: samsung galaxy s2
Operating System: android 2.3
ROM: stock

Samsung Galaxy S2 Bluetooth controller

Postby marc.knuckle » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:16 pm

now i have fpse setup on my GS2 i wanted to get a bluetooth controller.

unfortuantely the obvious wii controller that works with android apparently doesnt work with the gs2 as someone mentioned samsung uses bluetooth differently or something like that.

i read about phonejoy but i cant seem to see where to buy it.

any recommendations guys? thanks

EDIT
i now have the zeemote for my galaxy s2.

quite good it is but not the same as 2 handed would enable and not enough buttons due to that fact.

i need to know whether or not i can set different button settings for different games as surely if i set them in the actual program before loading a game it would be global so would effect all games the same. i have gone into settings while in game but it doesnt seem to save the settings i set previously.
Also i wanted to set the down button in gran tursimo 2 to provide the down action but also braking (i believe square) how woudl i do this?

would be grateful for at least a response as none have been forthcoming on the previous two posts.

thanks guys

CloudStrife86
Global Moderator
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Bluetooth controller

Postby CloudStrife86 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:20 pm

marc.knuckle wrote:would be grateful for at least a response as none have been forthcoming on the previous two posts.

Sorry for the lack of response to your previous posts, but please refrain from making double (or triple in your case) posts. Use the edit button and the bump button that appears after a number of hours.

marc.knuckle wrote:Also i wanted to set the down button in gran tursimo 2 to provide the down action but also braking (i believe square) how woudl i do this?

To do this, you can set a multi-key. On FpseCE, this was really straight-forward. It seems to be similar in FPse, but I have hit a snag.
You go, Settings > INPUT > Multi-keys, then choose a button, e.g. multi-key 1. Now you choose the buttons you want - for you, down and square - and back out to the main settings menu.
At this point I get a little confused. I'd guess you need to go to save default config. in order for the key setting to be saved. But applying them to actually use is what I don't get.
Setting them to hardware buttons is easy enough: Settings > INPUT > hardware keys. Under "PAD1 assignment", choose the multi-key that you made previously and then press the button you want to use.
Setting multi-keys as on-screen controls seems to be impossible. There is no option under touchscreen or elsewhere to choose to place multi-keys on the screen, as there was in FpseCE.

This is something that needs to be addressed. I'll post back with an update, when I find out what to do.
Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

NZtechfreak
Primary Device: SGSII
Operating System: Android
ROM: Cognition 1.13

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Bluetooth controller

Postby NZtechfreak » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:49 pm

I would think about getting the Phonejoy's new dual-analog stick version, it should have better production throughput than the first - its definitely much better than the first (I have both).

Heres some more information I made on it:
http://blog.clove.co.uk/2011/07/21/revi ... -are-a-go/

...and here is the obligatory Youtube video demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw3YAFY5Pqc

Return to “Samsung Galaxy S II (GT-i9100)”