Help with Save State Snafu

tgizlle
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: xperia play
Operating System: android

Help with Save State Snafu

Postby tgizlle » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:59 am

Ok I am in some need of help... I have been using 0.10.18 on my HTC thunderbolt for a few months and have been playing final fantasy 9. I am about halfway thru the 3rd disk. Today my Xperia Play came in and I was really looking forward to gaming on this. So I was trying to transfer my save state to that..... I tried changing it and saving it. I finally realized how to change the location of the save state. But I changed it when I was not playing the game. So now when I try to load data, it says I have no data for either memory card nor savestate. I finally found that the default setting was in /data/data/com.emulator.fpse/files/memcards if I am not mistaken....but my thunderbolt is not rooted and from what I understand....to root my thunderbolt would wipe out everything so I would lose the savestate and memory card......

So basically what Im getting at is that I need access to the save states to move them over to the Xperia Play. Can someone walk me thru please? I have put hours into this game and dont want to lose it all.

CloudStrife86
Global Moderator
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2

Re: Help with Save State Snafu

Postby CloudStrife86 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:40 am

It seems it is well and truly fubar. Here is what I can gather from the facts you've provided:
1. The save state that you need is in the default location, somewhere under "data"
2. Your phone is rooted.

It is only possible to access the data folder (and by extension, the fpse folder), if your phone is rooted. I searched for a non-destructive method for rooting the Thunderbolt, but to no avail. It appears you are out of luck.
However, I'm currently going through FFIX too, and will send you my save state if you like (I'm in Lindblum, just before the festival of the hunt). Let me know, and sorry, but it's the best I can do for you.
Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Fuego
Primary Device: Xperia Play 4G (on T-Mobile)
Operating System: Android 2.3.3
ROM: Stock

Postby Fuego » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:43 am

This really doesn't address the problem, but it would be nice if there was a way to set the path for the in game saves like there is for the save states, all without having to root your phone.

CloudStrife86
Global Moderator

Postby CloudStrife86 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:51 pm

SETTINGS > SYSTEM > Memory Card 1 > Choose the path to your memory card, such as on an external SD.
Repeat for Memory Card 2. Default Config. Save. That is how you set the location for in-game saves, i.e. the memory card locations. For any previously played games, choose Default Config. Load, in order to load the memory card locations for that game to.

NOTE: This only applies to games that you have not yet saved using the in-game feature. The memory card directory will still move, but those saves will remain on the memory card which is in the old directory. Any NEW saves will be saved to the cards in the new directory.

NOTE 2: Don't forget to actually put a card (or two) in the new location.
Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Fuego

Postby Fuego » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:19 am

Thanks Cloud.

I am still having problems, I think. At least it is not showing the new path that I selected. I followed the following steps:
1) Start game
2) Menu->Settings->System->Memory Card 1
3) Navigated to SD card directory
4) Hit Back on my phone.

The Memory Card 1 still just showed slot1.mcd, instead of what I expected of /sdcard/ROMs/PS1/slot1.mcd

You had mentioned something about actually putting a save (or two) in the new location. Does FPSE not automatically create one when saving in game if none exists? If not, how do I get FPSE (or some other way) to make one?

CloudStrife86
Global Moderator

Postby CloudStrife86 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:28 pm

ePSXe comes with two memory cards, in .mcr format. Download that and take the cards. Just change the file extension to .mcd and put them in the directory you want to use them from.

Fuego

Postby Fuego » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:28 am

That worked great Clould! I just copied the save cards from psx4droid and renamed them. Lo and behold, I updated the mem card path and it showed. It is not the most intuitive that you need to add the mem cards manually, but once you know, it is a piece of cake. Thanks!

CloudStrife86
Global Moderator

Postby CloudStrife86 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:58 am

No problem. Just in case you need cards in the future, you could just stick a load of memory cards in that same directory with different names, and just go to them as and when you need them.

Fuego

Postby Fuego » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:57 pm

I guess I would need more memory cards in case I fill one up, right? On that thought, if I wanted to have a different memory card (or two) for each game I play, could I name the memory cards something other than slot1.mcd and slot2.mcd as long as I had the path pointing to the correct card? Ie, FFTactics1.mcd and FFTactics2.mcd, or something like that.

CloudStrife86
Global Moderator

Postby CloudStrife86 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:07 pm

Yeah, something like that. :)

Return to “General Discussion”