Fpse for Android News

rufio
Primary Device: Droid 2
Operating System: Android 2.2

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby rufio » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:09 pm

phrozen087 wrote:
Your experience is pretty different from mine and I am using a Droid 2 also. I am not sure exactly what your settings are (you can see all of mine earlier in this thread) but I have almost no slowdown in FF7 at all. With the most recent build (I just tested some play in the world and in battles/cutscenes at the beginning of the game a few mins ago. Played through the first boss.) there is some very minor audio slowdown on battles loading (they load as fast as an actual psx for me) and there is some minor audio slowdown when a very graphical spell is used, but overall it is more than playable and my slowdowns are so rare I don't really notice it.

That said I am not running the stock OS. I am running Liberty v1.5 and am overclocked to 1.1GHz @ LV. On a side note, I have noticed that liberty tends to significantly improve the performance of any app I have ever used over stock so maybe that has something to do with it. If you are pure stock on your Droid 2 the verizon bloatware that is always running in the background may have a pretty severe performance impact, I'm not sure just trying to throw a suggestion out there that might help you. Edit: Thought about it for a few mins and another suggestion might be to try using something like Titanium Backup to "freeze" the bloatware if you haven't and see if you get any performance boost. The unfortunate truth about the Droid 2's is that the stock motoblur (motorola's "custom" android skinning and options)+verizon bloatware (the stuff you can't uninstall and every time you force close it the apps immediately restart) cripples the hardware pretty badly.

I think that might be due to Liberty, as you said, you've done some serious modulation to your Droid. I'm not really ready to do that yet. The small audio hiccups during battles starting is something I expect, and it does slow down there. Gameplay itself is fairly smooth, the cutscenes are also smooth. It's hard to explain the audio problem I'm having. It's like... certain notes are missing. The baseline music is there but certain tones or beats don't sound at all. For awhile, the intro music for the game starting didn't even play, it was just a clicking sound.

Overall though, that's the only problem I've been having, just audio. I noticed after saving the game, it's the same thing in Chrono Cross, Diablo, and Xenogears. It's like the sound downgrades itself after I close FPSE and load a save game file for that game. Can't explain it. /Shrug.

As for bloatware, I uninstalled or closed anything sucking down battery life when I first got the phone. The only real big change I made (if you call it big) was LauncherPro and Beautiful Widgets.

rincewind
Primary Device: droid x
Operating System: none
ROM: stock

Postby rincewind » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:14 pm

Actually I posted yesterday first, and since ive seen responses to other people queries, I figured id ask again. So mind yourself...

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator
Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:28 pm

rincewind wrote:Actually I posted yesterday first, and since ive seen responses to other people queries, I figured id ask again. So mind yourself...

Excuse me?
Oh i am sorry you managed to wait a full day. And as you can see there is a lot of comments and requests here, repeating your 3 times doesn't help. Your problem will get looked at, so I say again, be patient.
"Learn everything about something, and something about everything"
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhaedrusNine

mkr14
Primary Device: Samsung Captivate SGH-I897
Operating System: Android 2.2.1
ROM: Serendipity 6.2

Postby mkr14 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:34 pm

rincewind wrote:Actually I posted yesterday first, and since ive seen responses to other people queries, I figured id ask again. So mind yourself...

I am guessing he saw your post and does not have an answer. It is a bug in the software that he just does not have time to check yet. I am sure feedback for gameplay bugs is taken into account but they are on the back burner while functionality is fleshed out. If you find similar gameplay bugs, post the feedback then wait. If someone has some magic fix they generaly jump at the chance to share it. Most of the time there is no fix...... It is a bug in the software. When you don't get an answer, don't start kicking and screaming like a child. Obviously no one has an answer for you.

EDIT: OK obviously this guy is not smart enough. Either too young or too stupid. Or both. :lol: :x

Last edited by mkr14 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:01 am, edited 4 times in total.

rincewind

Postby rincewind » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:44 pm

Then you say so... You don't ignore people who payed for a product. So really, mind yourself compugeek. I gave nothing but praise for the spectacular product and the way the updates keep coming. But when ive got 40 hours of gameplay saved on psx4droid, id like to know im not going to replay the whole thing for no reason.

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:51 pm

rincewind wrote:Then you say so... You don't ignore people who payed for a product. So really, mind yourself compugeek. I gave nothing but praise for the spectacular product and the way the updates keep coming. But when ive got 40 hours of gameplay saved on psx4droid, id like to know im not going to replay the whole thing for no reason.

You're not getting ignored, all I asked is that you were patient. Schtruck has a lot to do. And by the way, who was the "compugeek" reference aimed at? If it was me, it's not insulting, but I'd imagine intended as one.

rincewind

Postby rincewind » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:57 pm

Not meant toward you phaedrus.

kuronosan
Primary Device: Samsung Fascinate
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: SuperClean 2.1

Postby kuronosan » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:13 am

Latest update fixes a lot, but multitouch still needs work on 2.2 Froyo/Fascinate. Also, now when loading savestates, it locks up when a cutscene/movie comes on and the sound cuts out still.

Keep up the updates, I'm looking forward to the next update you push out. I've yet to be disappointed. :)

xaviorffviii
Primary Device: Droid X, Sony Tablet S
Operating System: Android 2.2.1
ROM: Liberty 1.5 Rooted 1.3 Ghz

Postby xaviorffviii » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:15 am

I decided to show a video of the FFIX battle menu slowdown.
It's a bit blurry, first time recording my phone sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0pjBTl1C5I

As you can see, hiding the battle menu speeds up the emulation incredibly, until you release it of course.

p.s. how do I embed youtube videos? the codes didn't work.

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:44 am

I had a look at the FFIX slowdown vid, it's quite interesting to see. And it does slow emulation down a lot, I wonder what it could be related to.

Return to “News”