Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

gatwon
Primary Device: Milestone2/Xperia Play@1024GHz
Operating System: Android 2.2/2.3.3

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby gatwon » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:26 am

Excuse my ignorance, but what does eboot files? I use that program to convert images into. eboot?

CloudStrife86
Global Moderator
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2

Postby CloudStrife86 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:34 am

Krislawl wrote:Is there an ETA for the next release? im getting a boner over the eboot support and cant wait

Hahaha! I know it's going to be good, but you need to calm yourself down mate (or get a girlfriend)! :lol:

gatwon wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but what does eboot files? I use that program to convert images into. eboot?

I'm not sure what you're asking here. What are EBOOT files? They are compressed images (much like the product of PocketISO) that the PSP uses for playing PlayStation titles.
How do you make an EBOOT.pbp? Download a Popstation GUI, such as PSX2PSP, and load your image file from within that. Customise the file with custom images, etc. if you please (this is really only for using on the PSP), and compress it. The file sizes, generally, are smaller than those of PocketISO. There is also the added benefit of there only being a single file output by the program.
Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

gatwon
Primary Device: Milestone2/Xperia Play@1024GHz
Operating System: Android 2.2/2.3.3

Postby gatwon » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:02 pm

CloudStrife86 wrote:
Krislawl wrote:Is there an ETA for the next release? im getting a boner over the eboot support and cant wait

Hahaha! I know it's going to be good, but you need to calm yourself down mate (or get a girlfriend)! :lol:

gatwon wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but what does eboot files? I use that program to convert images into. eboot?

I'm not sure what you're asking here. What are EBOOT files? They are compressed images (much like the product of PocketISO) that the PSP uses for playing PlayStation titles.
How do you make an EBOOT.pbp? Download a Popstation GUI, such as PSX2PSP, and load your image file from within that. Customise the file with custom images, etc. if you please (this is really only for using on the PSP), and compress it. The file sizes, generally, are smaller than those of PocketISO. There is also the added benefit of there only being a single file output by the program.

@CloudStrife86;
was exactly what I wanted to know friend, thank you perfectly explained, is because I do not have psp, but I was searching for what you said is just that and I did not know that the files were eboot.php even lower than the PocketISO, very good to know, you are here the forum are to be congratulated! excellent
sorry my english is bad!

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:08 pm

The Next version is ready, but there is a big question!

New version will include many fixes, GTE acceleration mode faster, Fixed somes last 3D polygons problems using Enhanced 3D rendering option, Disc Swap is fixed too for Multi CD games, Full IcontrolPad support which is very well, even Analog sticks!

I even added Full Pbp support!, Audio tracks are supported and played! BUT! there is a big question as i said, we are wondering if releasing Eboot support will not sign the end of FPse on android market, because Eboot which is an enhanced Disc image format for PSP would be protected by a copyright (i searched but found nothing myself) , and implementing it into a software on android market won't definitively close our account... What people think about this?

jcsix
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android

Postby jcsix » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:16 pm

Been testing a couple of games to see weather they work or not. Wheres the best place to post the ones which have bugs or dont work?

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:20 pm

I don't know the copyright status of eboot, but I know psx4droid supported it for a long time with no problems. However, I suggest this: what if eboot support were added via a plugin, downloadable from this very forum? Then, the market version is eboot-free until the plugin is downloaded, and Sony can't say peep about it. Don't know if fpse would support something like this, but I expect it could be made to, right?

gaialili
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S III
ROM: Rom stock SFR

Postby gaialili » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:39 pm

I think it can actually be dangerous and the eboot does not worth risking a ban from market. It's not absolutely necessary.

Azerty16

Postby Azerty16 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:44 pm

LouCipher idea is not bad, maybe the eboot support can be a downloadable plugin from the market! Really hope to see the eboot support soon :D

Krislawl
Primary Device: Motorola Droid

Postby Krislawl » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:31 pm

file formats can be copyrighted? a seperate plugin would be great

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:11 pm

Krislawl wrote:file formats can be copyrighted? a seperate plugin would be great

Sorry, copyright isn't the right term. If they can go after fpse with eboot for anything, it would be patent infringement. And Sony has a huge patent library, and they're one of the most litigious companies on the planet.

Also, if schtruck does go the plugin route, it would be just as dangerous to put the plugin on the market as fpse with native eboot, as Sony could still go after schtruck's dev account on the market, and shut him down completely. To avoid risk of fpse being pulled from the market, the plugin would have to be distributed on a third-party site like these forums. Or, the plugin could be released as source to be compiled, since (in the US at least) source code has been ruled as protected free speech (see pgp supreme court case).

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, this should not be construed as legal advice.

Return to “News”