Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

rushmore
Primary Device: Incredible / gtablet
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: Stock rooted

Any plan to get eBoot files working in this great app?

Postby rushmore » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:50 pm

Any plans in getting eBoots file to work too? eBoot formatted roms take up a fraction of space of other file versions. That is about the only advantage PSX4Droid has. That is the only advantage.

Thanks!

max3000

Re: Any plan to get eBoot files working in this great app?

Postby max3000 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:38 pm

rushmore wrote:Any plans in getting eBoots file to work too? eBoot formatted roms take up a fraction of space of other file versions. That is about the only advantage PSX4Droid has. That is the only advantage.

Thanks!

Also the performance is much better with eBoots AFAIK, right?

dabomb224
Primary Device: Droid X
ROM: Liberty 1.5

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby dabomb224 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi all. As much as I think that it's awesome that we now have limited external pad support, I hope that all of this attention on making different pads perfectly compatible isn't taking attention away from optimizing performance. While many games (like Final Fantasy 7) are running fast and smooth, there are still others with decent slowdown (Chrono Cross).

Tatsumaki Senpūkyaku
Primary Device: t8585

Postby Tatsumaki Senpūkyaku » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:44 pm

dabomb224 wrote:Hi all. As much as I think that it's awesome that we now have limited external pad support, I hope that all of this attention on making different pads perfectly compatible isn't taking attention away from optimizing performance. While many games (like Final Fantasy 7) are running fast and smooth, there are still others with decent slowdown (Chrono Cross).

External pad support isn't limited. 'Fast overlay mode' is now handling pads as it does in fpsece.
Performance optimisations are mostly up to the guys making the hardware yet.
Enjoying 'playing' ps1 games on your phone came mainly with fpsece on cpu's like the snapdragon and newer one's. (french might tell you something else here)(and other hardware of course)
Fpsece and therefore fpse for android had performance optimisations for the last 10 years and to really get more performance out of the code,
it would have to be rewritten entirely with a lot of concerns on the compatibility for plugins like for audio and Video etc.. Those are programs on themselves.

Short:
Speed will come with faster devices/plugins which aren't far away and eventually already arrived.
The main concern is still compatibility for games.
Though i could be wrong, i think schtrucks attention on 'perfect pads', as you say, has something else in mind. ;) Surely it has something to do with compatibility.
tatsumaki's corner
Minds are like parachutes, they both work best when open.

i900frenchaddict
Global Moderator
Primary Device: Galaxy Note 4

Postby i900frenchaddict » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:54 pm

Tatsumaki Senpūkyaku wrote:(french might tell you something else here)(and other hardware of course)

lol PXA 624mhz CPU or less were indeed good enough for many games, but with only WQVGA screen, no overlay but a BT gamepad,WinMo and help from PocketIso (that I'd like to see compatible before eboots indeed!)

But you're right my friend, completly. Optimisations may now come from individual games, like it was for FpseCE I think

And also Android has some limits that explain why some WinMo optimizations are hard to port to Android (I miss the GFXdriver choice for example, as well as the audio/mp3 decoding of WinMo allowing to use PocketIso and it's perfect sounds with speed increase for XAstreams)
Some parts of the onscreen controls options of FpseCE may be ported (i hope the overlay grid!!!)

dabomb224
Primary Device: Droid X
ROM: Liberty 1.5

Postby dabomb224 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:37 pm

Perhaps optimization for phones running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) could improve performance a bit more. I know that 2.3 brought new Graphical and Sound coding improvements, and now that many higher end phones are being upgraded to it, maybe we could somehow take advantage of these improvements?

will5
Primary Device: HTC DESIRE

Postby will5 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:17 pm

Well... at 1ghz, sound is still really bad here, so maybe a little optimizations on the android platform, could be made. Earlier version of fpse runs a lot slower than the latest ones.

Changing some options while playing, sometimes makes you lost half the fps. So there is room to improve.

v--t
Primary Device: desire nd
Operating System: Windows xp

Postby v--t » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:01 am

Schtruck answerplease. Do not ignore the message. Whenthere will be a newversion? What changes will be??? Tell thoughabove what you work

v--t
Primary Device: desire nd
Operating System: Windows xp

Postby v--t » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:03 am

I ask to not ignore
the message.

bluencool
Primary Device: HTC Desire

Postby bluencool » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:12 am

v--t wrote:Schtruck answer please. Do not ignore the message. Whenthere will be a new version? What changes will be??? Tell thoughabove what you work

Hi v--t, which game are you currently playing on fpse? In what way is the performance so bad that none of the 38 updates are improving your experience?

I think it will be clearer and more sincere to explain your problems first, then ask schtruck to address them.

Return to “News”