Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Moli
Primary Device: SGS
ROM: Froyo 2.2.1 JPY

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Moli » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:35 pm

vnes1984 wrote:
schtruck wrote:guyes, can i have more details on your sticky buttons problem? the game u use, which device, which rom version, which orientation etc...

Every game I tried. HTC Wildfire 2.2. Landscape mode. For example, I press up once in Crash Bandicoot 1 and he will go straight for like 5 seconds. Multi-touch doesn't work either. Great visuals but it's impossible for me to play

accurate, if keeping a button, when pressed another (multitouch) the second button (usually direction to control the character) stays down pressed for seconds or even all the time, and only be overturned when you release all the buttons on the screen .

can not play with this problem multitouch, encambio if you set a hardkey button, and play only with one touch button in the screen, there is no problem

so is a problem with multitouch, pressing 2 or more at a time, there is any conflict between them.

this problems in all games, and landscape or potrail mode, and test any button configs dpad, analog etc, is this problem=

galaxy s 2.2.1 froyo

Ti3noU
Primary Device: HD2 1.3GHz /GT- i9000 1.54GHz
ROM: CM7.2 / Android 2.3.7 - CM9 / Android 4.0.3

Postby Ti3noU » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:35 pm

schtruck wrote:guyes, can i have more details on your sticky buttons problem? the game u use, which device, which rom version, which orientation etc...

The games : Wipeout 3 NTSC and Gran Turismo 2 PAL (I only tried these two games so far).

The devices/roms : - HTC HD2 (Nand HyperDroid GBX 4.0, 2.3.2);
- Galaxy S i9000 (Doc's rom 9.6.x JS5, 2.2.1).

Happens on landscape. Left or right doesn't change anything. Did not test on portrait since I found it unusable.
The problem is present with the G-sensor mode too, and it's maybe even worse (when you turn, the direction is locked in this direction for some seconds, and nothing unlocks it).
It seems to be greatly improved by using the slide feature, but it's not precise enough (too sensitive ?) to play correctly.

It's the biggest problem so far for me (buggy sound won't prevent me to play), the menus works perfectly fine since first release on both devices.
Last edited by Ti3noU on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

L1ber.t
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Desire HD

Postby L1ber.t » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:37 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5dtLTOacNM - in this video, I showed the problem with multitouch.

Moli

Postby Moli » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:42 pm

L1ber.t wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5dtLTOacNM - in this video, I showed the problem with multitouch.

Exactly this is the bug. thanks

fpse jin
Primary Device: HTC Evo

Postby fpse jin » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:47 pm

Listen Schtruck, I hope you get to read this while sorting through all the comments about the bugs, I just wanted to say you're the f'in man. I wake up, open market, update fpse, and the menu bug is fixed. So I'm just saying thanks, this app is a great purchase. Way to go, bud.

Maguel
Primary Device: Droid X
ROM: Liberty 1.5

Postby Maguel » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:53 pm

My save states for ff7 are not working; fpse immediately crashes when I try to load one. They were working previously but out of the blue, cause these crashes. The BIOS is loaded and recognized and the save states work for my other games.
Droid X
EDIT: They are now working, but fpse cannot tell the difference between savestates 1-5. Loading up any of the 5 loads only one save state. I have a directory set for them, but is there any folder I should choose in particular?
Last edited by Maguel on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gormie84
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S i-9000
Operating System: Android 2.2.1
ROM: Voodoo 5 lagfix

Postby gormie84 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:54 pm

Multi touch problems (games that it tested)
with wipeout 1-2&3,ridge racer type 4, ace combat 2&3,
soviet & nuclear strike, legacy of kain...
All for now gota try colony wars 1&2, gran turismo 2
mayb a few more in the next few days also major
graphical glitches in ace combat series (texture breakup)

Samsung Galaxy S 2.2.1 voodoo 5 lagfix

whatevaUsay
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: Windows Mobile 6.5.x
ROM: ♠Duttys™ HD2 V14♠

Postby whatevaUsay » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:59 pm

Moli wrote:
L1ber.t wrote:

Exactly this is the bug. thanks

Yeah, same here. EXCEPT that I haven't got the "sticky-keys" problem, just that the multi-touch sometimes refuses to work.

HD2, darkstone SuperRAM FroYo v1.5

Crash Bandicoot Warped, CMR 02, Driver 2. It seems to be fine in Tekken 3, but I probably just haven't noticed, because it's a fighting game and I don't keep any buttons pressed for long. Also it only happens when in landscape mode, works like a charm in portrait.
Last edited by whatevaUsay on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The user-bar I made. Use it on every forum you're on with a link to fpsece.net.

Moli

Postby Moli » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:01 pm

Ti3noU wrote:

The games : Wipeout 3 NTSC

Hey, in that format as you are running? music work for you? or just the effects? I'm trying to bin, cue, cc, but not the music sounds, and the first race, passing through the line of neon lightning freezes with a tremendous noise, completely freezes

I have spu powered audio, and this problem=, in psx4droid works fine with audio, it is curious

Other game problems
In Road Rash graphics problems, and wipeout2 the asphalt is of purple colour

Serph
Primary Device: Orange Boston
ROM: Firetrap JellyBean 2.2.1

Postby Serph » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:21 pm

phrozen087 wrote:
Serph wrote:First of all, congratulations schtruck for your wonderful work with this emu, it's awesome to be able to play PSX games on my little Boston.

I just have one question, ¿is there any tutorial for PocketISO? Because I tried to rip some games and none of them worked on the emu later.

With normal compression, I just got black screen, and with maximum compression, the games didn't even appear on the list.

What can I do to make them work? Non compressed ISO's work fine.

You are probably only copying the .Z file to your card. I figured this out through trial and error.

Basically:
1) You load the file in pocketiso
2) Analyze it (use normal compression setting for best results is what I hear)
3) Process the iso
4) Now copy both the new MYISO.ISO.Z file and the MYISO.ISO.TABLE file to your SD card (leave them in the same folder like you would a .bin/.cue).
4*) I don't know if it makes a difference but I then renamed mine to MYISO.Z and MYISO.Z.TABLE
5) Only the .Z will show up in the emulator, select it to run it and it will load normally.

It works! Thank you so much!

Return to “News”