no touchscreen

Old threads
roboman2444
Fresh Fish

no touchscreen

Postby roboman2444 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:37 pm

Hi, I just got a xv6700 and installed fpsece on it. My problem is that I have the stupid screen alignment loop problem and can not align the screen at all. Therefore I can not access anything on fpsece. I was wondering if there was a way to do it all with arrow keys and enter for accesing menus. I have already tried a software cusor, remote align, registry editing and they all don't work. Please send me a file or edited exacutable so i(and many others who have the same problem) can use fpsece.
Thanks.

i900frenchaddict
Global Moderator
Primary Device: Galaxy Note 4

Re: no touchscreen

Postby i900frenchaddict » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:42 pm

I think those who were successful with a non-touchscreen device were using a software cursor.

I'm sure they will answer you here

CloudStrife86
Global Moderator
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2

Postby CloudStrife86 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:53 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:I think those who were successful with a non-touchscreen device were using a software cursor.

The XV6700 has a touchscreen and a slide-out qwerty keyboard. I think his problem is more to do with menu items overlapping, like I saw in a picture uploaded by someone a few days ago.
I'd try to help, but I don't know what causes it and have never myself had that problem.
Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

roboman2444
Fresh Fish

Postby roboman2444 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:50 pm

no, none of that, i cant align the screen, so basically its like no touchscreen. I have tried 3 different soft cursors, and they all dont work.

CloudStrife86
Global Moderator

Postby CloudStrife86 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:01 pm

If you mean, you are unable to press any on-screen buttons when the keyboard is open, I know what the problem is. You need to close the keyboard when you bring up the menu then the touch-screen should work fine. When you are done with that, just click "options" > "continue" and open the keyboard again to resume play.
Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

roboman2444
Fresh Fish

Postby roboman2444 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:03 am

No, still no, I cant use the touchscreen at all. I cant align it in windows mobile. Just search windows mobile screen alignment loop. I tried all of the things that i could find and none worked.
what i need is something like press m to go to menu.

i900frenchaddict
Global Moderator
Primary Device: Galaxy Note 4

Postby i900frenchaddict » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:38 am

Like some no-touchscreen devices, you mean you don't have the menu line of fpsece at the bottom, when you keyboard is not open??
What the display of your phone?

CloudStrife86
Global Moderator

Postby CloudStrife86 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:42 pm

roboman2444 wrote:what i need is something like press m to go to menu.

You can assign a menu key in the config. file. Just open fpse.ini with a text editor and find the "menu=" option, and change it to a button on your phone. There's a few ways to determine the number codes for the keys posted around here somewhere.

Suicidal.Banana
Enthusiast
Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 4.0.3
ROM: Virtuous Inquisition 4.0.1

Postby Suicidal.Banana » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:04 am

I know its not your main priority, but since i personally wouldn't be able to 'live' with a touch phone without touch, (assuming you tried hard reset already) have you considered replacing the screen?
http://www.htcwiki.com/thread/1074935/R ... Broken+LCD
Im a FpseCE supporter!

CloudStrife86
Global Moderator

Postby CloudStrife86 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:33 pm

If my phone's screen wasn't working, I'd sooner replace it than try and replace the screen. To be honest, I think it's more hassle than it's worth.

Return to “Archives”