Is this micro SD HC 16GB card compatible with HTC HD2?

A place for forum members to chat about whatever they please (within reason... Keep it clean guys).
riku
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: Win Mob 6.5

Re: Is this micro SD HC 16GB card compatible with HTC HD2?

Postby riku » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:39 pm

no
i didnt mean youre freak
and yes 8gb is nothing
but the classes arent so much necessary
only for pros,freaks what ever
positive meaning

i would also use 32gb class 6 if i think about fast playing fpsece (tekken3)
;P

i900frenchaddict
Global Moderator
Primary Device: Galaxy Note 4

Postby i900frenchaddict » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:55 pm

lol
But indeed...

I'm sometimes a freak, yeeesss!! :mrgreen:

Don't worry for the class of the SD and FpseCE, if you put an iso in the internal storage of your device, much faster reading than the SD card, you won't see any boost (I've tried on my i900 Omnia and my HD2, two very different devices, not a single fps more)
;)

whatevaUsay
Operating System: Windows Mobile 6.5.x
ROM: ♠Duttys™ HD2 V14♠

Postby whatevaUsay » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:18 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:lol
But indeed...

I'm sometimes a freak, yeeesss!! :mrgreen:

Don't worry for the class of the SD and FpseCE, if you put an iso in the internal storage of your device, much faster reading than the SD card, you won't see any boost (I've tried on my i900 Omnia and my HD2, two very different devices, not a single fps more)
;)

Cool! I was a bit worried about that. Well yeah, the card will arrive tomorrow or the day after, so thanks guys.
The user-bar I made. Use it on every forum you're on with a link to fpsece.net.

Tatsumaki Senpūkyaku
Primary Device: t8585

Postby Tatsumaki Senpūkyaku » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:57 am

After reading a lot of comments from amazon, i prefer a Sandisk 16gb class2 microSDHC over a Transcend 8gb class6 microSDHC.
No problems booting Android/Ubuntu. Haven't noticed any speed difference compared to the included Sandisk 2gb class2 microSD on fpsece.(but CardSpeed)
have fun with it...
Attachments
CardSpeed.rar
(13.73 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
tatsumaki's corner
Minds are like parachutes, they both work best when open.

i900frenchaddict
Global Moderator

Postby i900frenchaddict » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:43 am

Starnge, I can't boot Android/Unbutu from mine, that is same brand, same specs.....maybe mine is older and they changed something since?

Tatsumaki Senpūkyaku

Postby Tatsumaki Senpūkyaku » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:38 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:Starnge, I can't boot Android/Unbutu from mine, that is same brand, same specs.....maybe mine is older and they changed something since?

If you are eager:
Reformat both cards to FAT32 in exactly the same way and test again.
If after that none is working try another app or hardware to format them.
Maybe you are right and it's just old.

Got your card eva? Got into android yet already? :shock:
tatsumaki's corner

whatevaUsay

Postby whatevaUsay » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:48 pm

OK guys, I have a little problem. The card was fine since I got it, but now I can't copy any file on it. It just shows that transfer speed is more than 100 mb, the progress bar fills up to about 75% and that's it. It only happens with larger files, like 50 mb and above. And it only happens when using the Data service connection, it's all good with Active-sync, but it's a lot slower, so I would like to get this fixed. Oh And it's still got like 6 gigs of free space left, so that's not the problem.

P.S. I was able to successfully boot android from this card, so in your face i900frenchaddict :P

i900frenchaddict
Global Moderator

Postby i900frenchaddict » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:57 pm

whatevaUsay wrote:P.S. I was able to successfully boot android from this card, so in your face i900frenchaddict :P

lool
OK, mine is old, I bought it at the time I got my first Toshiba TG01, so in July 2009, I suppose it's the reason I can't boot Android from it when I can run exactly the same build from one of my 8Mb cards

Has someone a 32mb card that can boot Android?? I mean, if I need to upgrade my old 16gb card, let's take a 32Mb one !!!

Tatsumaki Senpūkyaku

Postby Tatsumaki Senpūkyaku » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:54 pm

mknewman wrote:My experience with Windows Mobile is that the SD/CF driver is the weakest link. The problem seems to be simultaneous accesses drive it bonkers. I've had the disappearing card problem on other PDAs but usually removing it, doing a reboot with it out, and then inserting it after the reboot is complete will fix it. If it doesn't show up immediately DON'T do anything for a while, it could be doing a CHKDSK on the card, and if you mess with it it will screw it up worse.

Once it shows up what I would recommend is hooking up via USB in CF Disk mode (not Activesync) and doing a format on the drive from Windows.

Last night I got a new 32gb Class 4 MicroSD from China (unnamed) and stuck it in, worked fine, so I backed up all my data to my 'puter off the T-Mobile Class 2 16gb and changed to the new 32gb SD. I started the copy and after a while went to bed.

This morning I got up and it had died during the copy. It was giving me an error on the new MicroSD. It had copied about 75% but was asking to continue or skip. I ended up having to cancel it because it appeared full but it was not. After a reboot I found a ton of FILEXXX.CHK files which indicated it was doing a chkdsk.

Looking at it with SoftWinter.com's Storage Tools the disk was formatted with 512 byte cluster size, way too small for such a large disk, so it was not really out of space just out of cluster nodes. If you have lots of files (I had 10,000) each takes up at least one, even if the file is only 5 bytes. So I reformatted it from the 'puter to 32k cluster size and started the copy over. Seems to be working better now.

Please note that using larger cluster size also will help performance when writing and reading large files as it has to do less directory accesses. Small cluster size is good if you have a lot of small files as it doesn't waste as much space. You lose on average 1/2 the cluster size for each file, as the last node is almost never full.

link
tatsumaki's corner

whatevaUsay

Postby whatevaUsay » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:49 pm

Thanks for the info, but the problem remains unsolved. Wait a sec, I'll try to copy something to my old card, maybe it's the phone's fault...

Ha, it's the same thing with my previous 2 GB card! Shows the transfer rate of like 100 mb/s and stops at the end, at like 75-95%. Only if Disk Drive (faster data transfer) is selected, it's all good with Active-Sync. I guess I'll just have to put up with a slower transfer rate.

Return to “Off-Topic”