View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 FpseCE Bug Reports 
Enthusiast

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S, HP iPAQ 214
Operating System: Android 2.2.1
ROM: Darky's v9.5.XWJS8
Post FpseCE Bug Reports
As I couldn't found apropriate topic for this matter, I created one so anyone can report bugs they've found in FpseCE.
Here is a list of known bugs so please read it before posting your bug reports...

KNOWN BUG LIST

• HD2 autoalignment problem in virtual pads
    Description: if we press the screen with two fingers close to the same horizontal line, we will receive the same coordinate in Y...
    Temporary solution: in landscape place pads in different vertical position (e.g. d-pad to lower left, buttons to upper right)

Last edited by Cim on Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:55 pm
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini pro
Operating System: Android 2.3.2
Post Re: Bug Reports!
Ok good idea!
@Cim what do you think about making something like Buglist in your first post?
It will be great if you'll complex all new bugs etc.

Hope that Schtruck will see it because unfortunately, the last time, he didn't reply my when I send him bug reports...
So... Stickied! :D

Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:42 am
Site Admin

Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66
Post Re: FpseCE Bug Reports
Cim wrote:
As I couldn't found apropriate topic for this matter, I created one so anyone can report bugs they've found in FpseCE.
@mods: If there is a similar topic please make it sticky and delete this...

Well I found bug in handling buttons in skin - if x coordinate is 0 the button can't be pressed. For example in menu7 the multikey button is drawn ok, but cannot be pressed until moved right of the edge (from x=0 to x=1).

Not a bug, it's normal, while i check X coordinate to see if there is something initialized... the minimum is 1.

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:58 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Enthusiast

@Schtruck The problem is that when button is from say (0,0) to (50,50) it can't be pressed at all. It's not big problem with static skins - we can just move click area 1 pixel to the right, but for parts where button graphics is changed ( for ex. [M7_MULTI_1] ) we will get some shifting effect if we move button 1 pixel to right, and pixels at x=0 will not be owerdrawn. I hope I explained it better this time.

@Q-Ball I will try it. Feel free to edit the list though ;)

Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:51 am
Enthusiast

Operating System: 6.5
ROM: 1.66 stock
Cim wrote:
@Schtruck The problem is that when button is from say (0,0) to (50,50) it can't be pressed at all. It's not big problem with static skins - we can just move click area 1 pixel to the right, but for parts where button graphics is changed ( for ex. [M7_MULTI_1] ) we will get some shifting effect if we move button 1 pixel to right, and pixels at x=0 will not be owerdrawn. I hope I explained it better this time.

@Q-Ball I will try it. Feel free to edit the list though ;)

There must be a reason why schtruck has set minimum to 1 for x and y co-ordinates. I came across the same "issue" myself when editing skins. Just dont use 0!

Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:40 pm
Profile WWW
Enthusiast

Well it's not big deal but I thought he maybe missed it. I was wondering if touch area is aligned with graphics or is 1px to the right... I was also confused because y=0 works, but x=0 doesn't. But if it is ment to be like that I'm ok with it.
I also found something that could be bug when editing menu10. [M10_COLOR_LINE] and [M10_COLOR_SELECT] is usable only for black and white color. For other codes you get unpredictable results (there is no way to set desired color).

Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:51 pm

Operating System: 6.5.x
ROM: Stock
Cim wrote:
Well it's not big deal but I thought he maybe missed it. I was wondering if touch area is aligned with graphics or is 1px to the right... I was also confused because y=0 works, but x=0 doesn't. But if it is ment to be like that I'm ok with it.
I also found something that could be bug when editing menu10. [M10_COLOR_LINE] and [M10_COLOR_SELECT] is usable only for black and white color. For other codes you get unpredictable results (there is no way to set desired color).

I think I have figured out how to calculate colours for menu10:

1. Using your favourite paint package, select the colour you want and get it's value in hex (eg. '39E3FF')
2. Open a calculator and convert this hex number to binary (eg. '111001 11100011 11111111')
3. Make sure this binary number is 24 bits, if it isn't add some 0's to the beginning until it's 24 bits (eg. '00111001 11100011 11111111')
4. Now the tricky part, discard bits 6-8, 14-16, 22-24 from the binary number in 3. ('00111 11100 11111')
5. Convert the binary number back to decimal, and use this value in the menu10.ini file.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
Enthusiast

Operating System: 6.5
ROM: 1.66 stock
Found a couple of bugs with the landscape on screen pad:

If you set the alpha of landscape pad to transparent setting the pad images are inverted (upside down). Triangle is shown where X should be and vice versa. Buttons function correctly but image is wrong way up! ( I can fix this by mirroring the images vertically and updating the images in the PAD folder but i have left it for now for schtruck to look at).

Secondly... with onscreen pad set to middle and small sizes the directional controls werent working correctly. They are not smooth when transitioning from one directional area to another... alot of stuttering. Found the cause of this though.... the masks for these pad setting had alot of stray pixels.... ie/pixel colour wasnt correct... this matters more when working with smaller areas of the screen.

I have updated the small and middle sized pad masks and put them into the original PAD zip. It is attached to this post. Simply replace the whole pad folder or if you just want the updated masks the updated files are: PAD1_D_MASK.bmp and PAD2_D_MASK.bmp

Attachments:
PAD.zip [115.23 KiB]
Downloaded 252 times

Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
Enthusiast

SimonMallion wrote:

I think I have figured out how to calculate colours for menu10:

1. Using your favourite paint package, select the colour you want and get it's value in hex (eg. '39E3FF')
2. Open a calculator and convert this hex number to binary (eg. '111001 11100011 11111111')
3. Make sure this binary number is 24 bits, if it isn't add some 0's to the beginning until it's 24 bits (eg. '00111001 11100011 11111111')
4. Now the tricky part, discard bits 6-8, 14-16, 22-24 from the binary number in 3. ('00111 11100 11111')
5. Convert the binary number back to decimal, and use this value in the menu10.ini file.

That means using 5 most significant bits per RGB channel. Nice found Simon, thanks. So that means that used color components (R, G and B values) should be dividable by 8 to exactly match the color in ini.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:16 pm
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
Couldn't you skip all of that by: Opening Paint.NET, making an image with the colour you want to use, saving the image in 8-bit, taking the hex value for the colour from the saved image and converting it to decimal?

Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next