View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
 HD2 [FAQ'n'Pack] Beginner Guide + New All-in-1 Pack 
Guru

Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: 6.5.X
ROM: Laurentius26 HD2 [LEO] V3 WWE Ultimate serie
Post HD2 [FAQ'n'Pack] Beginner Guide + New All-in-1 Pack
HD2 [FAQ'n'Pack] Beginner Guide

OK, because this section is starting to get large, and the same questions are being asked many times, I decided to sum up any tips & tricks and write an FAQ for the HTC HD2.

Content:
- Overview
- Things to read first
- Additional tips & tricks
- FAQ
- HD2 optimized pack

Overview:
Quote:
Main Technical Specification of HTC HD2

Operating System -
Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional

Processor -
Qualcomm® MSM8250™, 1 GHz

Memory -
ROM: 512 MB
RAM: 448 MB (576 MB with certain cooked ROMs)

Display -
4.3 inch TFT-LCD capacitive multi-touch, touch screen with 480 X 800 WVGA
resolution

Things to read first:

- OK, now you are new and have many questions right? You are lost and want to ask for help. Just don't, not yet. Read these useful things first =)

Where to Download:
You can get your free version at the download page. You can also download PocketISO there.
To get the supporter version (with save/load state, D-Pad-like widget, Vibration Feedback) go to the support section, then just donate €5-20 and wait for an email with your supporter version. Also note that your PayPal account has to have the same name as your bank account. If you don't receive the supporter version after donating (wait at least 2 days), PM schtruck, or ask in the "never received supporter version topic".

Where to get supporter updates:
Just use our Request Form. Fill your supporter email in and you will get updated version in about an hour.

How to install:
Just copy *.cab to your PPC and run (install on SD card).
If you have the supporter version, first install the free version via CAB installation, followed by installing your supporter version *.cab to the same place as free version (also SD card is better). Note that with many betas you will now be getting, sometimes it just wont update. If that happens, just reinstall FPSEce entirely. Updates are not dependable on each other. So If you reainstal FPSEce, just update to last supporter version.
For futher info please Watch ben86's video on How To Install And Set FPSEce

How to get started:
1. Read the manual (Readme located at free version of FPSEce).
2. Now go and read Tutorial post.
3. Watch help videos.
4. Look at my FPSEce Basics: Interface.

FPSEce Changelog
FPSEce latest changes

FPSEce Compability list
FPSEce compatibility list
Compatibility list for HD2

Additional tips & tricks:

Global settings
OK, you are sick of setting your overlays and stuff for every single game; so are we. Don't worry, there are easy ways solve this. The best way is to start FPSEce, and when it asks what ISO you want to play, press "Cancel". Now it will "boot" PSX without any ISOs in there (so changes will be made to fpse.ini). Now just configure things the way you like and exit (it will save). If you are not keen on configuring your FPSEce yourself, just download my HD2 optimized Pack in the second post.

Multitouch
Because HTC messed up how multi-touch work (they only use it for pinch to zoom, so they don't care and will not start anytime soon), schtruck had hard time integrating it into FPSEce. He successfully managed to implement it, but it does have its limitations.
For best usability, use hardware mode ("PSX buttons on HD2 screen" image) and make 8-direction pad with multi-keys; this way the multi-touch will work best.

G-sensor
For we HTC users, and others who can use HTC dlls, the G-sensor is working. If you dont know how to enable it, watch the help videos. You can play with configuration of G-sensor in build-in menu from FPSEce v0.10.1 with SimonMallion's skin v1.06 (part of my PAck v5.1 and futher)

GunCon mode
Used for shooting games like Time Crisis. Select the third controller AND DELETE ANY OVERLAYS!. If you dont delete them, the game will have problems.
Also there are game like Die Hard Trilogy which use different GunCon which is not supporter by FPSEce.

DirectX
Supporters can now use DirectX with FPSEce: Simply change to "GFXDRV=4" in Config files (*-ini in CFG Folder). You cna now do this change quicky in build-in SEtting menu from FPSEce.

8 Direction pad
How to:
Suicidal.Banana wrote:
To make a 8 direction dpad you first make 4 multikeys, [1][up+left], [2][down+left], [3][up+right] & [4][down+right] and then you make a overlay thats the 4 arrows, with the 4 multikeys at the corners, something like this:

Code:
   [1]  [Up]  [3]

[Left]        [Right]

[2] [Down] [4]

You can use any icons you like, but if you want a visual d-pad you will need to get one of them skins (like cyber-junkie's D-Pad-Skins (WVGA-landscape) or amirdt's 8Dpad) and put them in your FPSECE/SKINS/ICONS directory, they should then be added to the end of the list of overlays.
- Thanks to Suicidal.Banana for this nice "how to".

How it looks:
cyber-junkie wrote:
ImageImage
- Thanks to cyber-junkie for screenshots
There are also Graphical widget like D-pads avaible for supporters. Please see the second post'S "what is inside" part for more information on PADs.

FPSEce skins
You can download many great skins for FPSEce in our Artis corner section.

FAQ:

Well I don't really know what to add, or if I should add anything to this section. The answer to most FAQ questions is, "Read this post again".

Q: Multi-touch doesn't work?
A: It does, but only for the supporter version (it will be made available in the free version soon enough), and it has its limitations. Read Multitouch Issues for more info regarding multi-touch.

Q: The G-sensor is waaaaaay too sensitive, what can I do?
A: For HTC users, it can be adjusted. Just play with values of G-sensor settings described above.

Q: Sometimes my screen goes wild and registers touches all around my finger (like around 1 cm)!
A: Yeah, for unknown reasons, the capacitive screen that the HTC HD2 has is doing that. Mainly if operating in the cold. Warm up the display to fix it.

Q: %Game_name% game doesnt %work_as_it_should% what do I do now?
A: Well look at the official compability list to see if the game is supposed to work. You can also ask in the FpseCE Compatibility and Performance questions thread. If it works for others try to re-rip/re-compress it, or see if there is any fix for the game in *.ini files. Then finally ask in our Game specific problems section.

Q: Why don't overlays show in some games?
A: Because FPSEce thinks they are video (auto-hide feature). No fix for it: The overlays are still there, and you can continue to use them, you just can't see them.
Update: Fix for Tekken 3:
i900frenchaddict wrote:
in the gamelist file, try this
Code:
[XXXX XXXX]
License=XXXX XXXX
Name=Tekken3
Notes=
Status=2
Status_HLE=2
Flags0=7
Patch=48

XXXX XXXX is ISO name of you game (now its ISO name of your Tekken 3, for example mine is "SLUS_004.02". To discover what Iso name you have:
1. Open Tekken3.ini (the *.ini file for your tekken 3 Iso in CFG folder.) and set "EnableHLE=on".
2. Open tekken 3, then shut fpsece down.
3. Go to the "fpselog.tst" file in the root of your device.
4. In this file, you'll find the name of your tekken 3 version (SCES XXXX or SLES XXXX, etc).

Q: How can I change disc for one game?
A: You can do it by pressing button "Eject" in official skin.

Q: FPSEce wont let me do anything on my Today screen. It doesn't support multi-tasking?
A: No it doesn't. You can't operate device while in FPSEce. But there is a feature that will put FPSEce to sleep, so you can do whatever you want with your mobile. It will be asleep till you "launch" it again (it will start immediately and where you put it asleep). Its "Windows" like icon in official skin.[/url].

Q: FPSEce doesn't work on cooked ROM 6.5.x
A: It has been reported that this is due to Showcase Suite. Simply disabling it should solve any problems on these ROMs. There also were reports that Multitouch doesn't work in cooked ROMs. Thats Because FPSEce you "HTCAlbum hack" for multitouch.

Q: KB's HD2 pack v5 freezes my FPSEce!!
A: Well yeah I know these big red texts are hard to see. It's ok, just delete old gmae configuration files (*.ini created before v5) and let FPSEce create new with fpse.ini as reference. Just launch the game and FPSEce will recreate it and everything will be ok, I promise =)

Q: Why to go through all the trouble to write this?
A: I Don't know about you, but I'm quite annoyed by easy-to-find-yourself questions. It just takes a little time searching, for someone to help themselves. Posting a question that has been answered before is a total waste of time and effort, in my opinion. I hope this post prevent some of these questions. Also, don't know if you noticed, but the questions are getting worse and worse, and I don't really mean this forum. It's an internet phenomenon. And yeah, you guessed right, I'm pretty bored.

HolyShit! It's BeefSupreme!

Last edited by KowboyBebop on Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:21 pm, edited 21 times in total.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:27 pm
Guru

Post Re: HD2 [Tips&Tricks]
IMPORTANT NOTE:
HD2 optimized Pack v5.1 is an old realease and I discontinued supporting it. But I started whole new project.
You are welcome to try my new All-in-1 Pack for not only HD2 but for all devices. It's in beta release until I get more feedback and some nice fpse.ini setups for devices I do not own.

TRY THE NEW ALL-IN-1 PACK

===============================================================================================================================

HD2 optimized pack v5.1: (OUTDATED/DISCONTINUED)

Beware:
Using the new KowboyBebop's HD2 optimized pack v5 with old game config files (*.ini created before v5) in CFG folder will cause freezes of FPSEce. It's caused by Analog stick overlay that is positioned in Top/down row (so it's only half visible).

Solution:
Delete all Config file (*.ini) in CFG folder of FPSEce folder and let Fpsece recreate them (just launch the game with new fpse.ini in FPSEce FOLDER and it will be recreated).

Why did I rearange ICONS and caused all this mess? That's because its now more comfortable to set overlays in FPSEce and I don't like chaos in my stuff =)
Sorry for the inconvience.

!!IMPORTANT!!
KowboyBebops's HD2 optimized pakc v5.1 is completely compatible with last version v5, so there is noo need to delete your Config file (*.ini) in CFG folder. But If you are upgrading from pre v5, you still need to do so.

This version is made for Supporter version of FPSEce (If you are using free version, don't copy fpse.ini in as it will be pretty useless anyway).
So as many of you don't have time (ok let's face it... It's not because many of us doesn't have time, it's because they are stupid and lazy) I will share my settings with you. This setting is only for HTC HD2 (obviously). I also highly recomend backing up "fpse.ini" and "SKIN", "PAD" folder just in case.

Image Image Image
1. screen => Normal fpse.ini
2. & 3. screen => fpse - Dpad.ini

What's in:
SimonMallion's
- WVGA Skin 1.06
- Pad Fix + as Pads Nr. 0-2
- Portrait Pad for KowboyBebop
cyber-junkie's
- 8D-Pad-Skins (WVGA-landscape) - V2_45x40 (NTSC)
- PSPgo-D-Pads - as pads Nr. 3-5
- Racing-style Pad - as pad Nr. 6
Other
- Mixture of Cloud's ICON pack v1.5 and original ICON pack
- KowboyBebop's fpse.ini /Controls + some settings -> preview
Code:
BiosName=SCPH1001.BIN     / I'm using SCPH1001.BIN as my bios file (most common)
RomName=SCPH1001.BIN

GFXDRV=4           / DirectX rendering
Isos_PATH=\Storage Card\         / You will change this one for sure =)
EnableSound=on
Sensor_Gpz=127  /full fuel
Sensor_Mpz=200  /nuffin
Sensor_Npz=15  / more sensitive
Sensor_Gpx=110 / lesser max. steering
Sensor_Mpx=200  / nuffin
Sensor_Npx=15 / more sensitive
There is a "fpse - Dpad.ini". Its fpse.ini for using graphical Dpad in supporter version. If you wish to have it as default, delete "fpse.ini" and rename "fpse - Dpad.ini" to "fpse.ini".

Give me your feedback!
I made changes to overlays (added multikeys to action buttons). I laso noticed (yeah now, I dont really use overlays now, that with schtruck multitouch update having L stick in the middle of other buttons is pain (it still looks nice thought). So post your solutions please. Also let me know if you like these changes.

changelog:
1. Reviewed and fixed some errors.
2. Fixed spelling & grammar errors - Cloud.
3. Updated: Tekken 3 overlays fix.
4. added HD2 optimized pack
5. added Cyber-junkie's PSPgo-D-Pads to the HD2 optimized pack
6. Replaced skin with LeSScro's Finger friendly - LeSScro UI b2
7. Added new actual screenshots (made by mymobiler with fpse and CFG files GFXDRV set to 1 (before I tryed only CFG files with GFXDR=1)
8. New version 2.1 with brand new SimonMallion's WVGA Skin (finger friendly) 1.01 + updated screenies
9. New version 3 with SimonMallion's WVGA Skin (finger friendly) 1.03 and Fixed pads and Portrait pack with changed L/R 1 and 2 button's position, and cyber-junkie's Racing-style Pad.
10. Updated skin to SimonMallion's WVGA Skin 1.02 (Yeah 1.02 is actualy more then 1.03 in this case)
11. Updated skin to SimonMallion's WVGA skin 1.05 with fixed positioning (I didnt feel any errors, but now its errorless). Also updated overlay settings.
12. Updated HD2 guide to reflect the newest version's function. Many things that was impossible before are now possible and easy to do
13. Updated Icon pack to mixture of Cloud's Icon pack v1.5 (I love the new start/select buttons) and rearanged ICONs. This might 'and will) cause freezes will old *.ini in CFG. Delete all of them and let fpse.ini recreate them.
14. Updated skin to SimonMallion's WVGA skin 1.06 with G-sensor and Settings menus. Also I will revise this thread and focus it more on beginers

Do NOT use with old configuration files (*.ini created before v5) in CFG folder!

Last edited by KowboyBebop on Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:34 am, edited 23 times in total.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:27 pm
Addict

Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 4.0.3
ROM: Virtuous Inquisition 4.0.1
Nice one man! im positive this guide will help most of the people coming to ask the same questions over and over again :) i call for sticky!

Last edited by Suicidal.Banana on Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:37 pm
Global Moderator

Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10
Excellent tips and tricks quide. Hopefully the "multi-touch isn't working" question will appear less now.
I found with the HD2 cold screen issue, a good way to warm up is simply breath on it once. Sorts it straight away.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:47 pm
Guru

Suicidal.Banana: You are right. Well i was pretty tired of typing from that so I didnt want to review it for mistakes. Gonna fix it now. Also I'm sure there will be some grammar things even after i review, you see I'm not really native english speaker (oO,)
Phaedrus Nine: Thats right. You are pretty much the owner of the heating tip.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:53 pm
Global Moderator

KowboyBebop wrote:
Phaedrus Nine: Thats right. You are pretty much the owner of the heating tip.

Oh am i? Didn't realise. I know I wrote it elsewhere, brielfy, but removed it due to it being in the wrong thread really.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:19 pm
Guru

Well arent you? I have quite bad memory for names so I dont know for sure. You reported it and I replied by agreeing and a bit more info about it. Then few post later you posted the heating tips. Cant really tell if its you because I cant find it. If its some1 else's thing he/she can get credits. But it doesnt really matter right? =)

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:32 pm
Global Moderator

Yeah it was me, I did post the heating tip. But like I said, I removed it from the "news" post because it was more of a HD2 specific problem not really an fpseCE issue. So that's why you can't find it. And no it doesn't really matter about credit, it's only breathing on the screen :D haha Thanks anyway though.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:45 pm
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
KowboyBebop, I'll sticky it for you, and if you like, I can go through and correct any spelling & grammar errors. ;)

Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:53 am
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: HTC HD2/Leo
Operating System: 6.5 Pro
ROM: 1.48.403.1
I saw nothing about an solution to the lack of response when trying to steer/move.
When i press a botton it takes several seconds before anything happens, and most of the time nothing happens. Any solution to that?
Thats the only thing holding me back from donating ;)

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 238 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next