View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Problem with FpseCE: Read for explaining.. 

Post Problem with FpseCE: Read for explaining..
Hello there.. Recently i got a problem with FpseCE (latest supporter version). Sometimes when i play, the game suddently stocks, but the emulator still works. So I can still go from landscape to portrait, and quit the emulator, but when going out from the FpseCE program, the "FPS" mark from the emulator wont go away from windows startscreen. I also then can't turn off my phone screen, like if i was inside the emulator. A reset is required before the problem is gone again.. I discovered that the above problem, happens everytime when i pair my msi bgp100 gamepad with HD2, and if i click on the fpsece icon, and if nothing happens first time, (if i have to click twice) = the bug/fail happends...

So:
Pair the HD2 and BGP100, click on FpseCE icon, and the "choose gamepad" menu comes = Working perfect!

Pair the HD2 and BGP100, click on FpseCE icon, and NOTHING happens (so i have to click at the icon again), then the emulator goes directly to "choose game(rom) part" = When choosing game, the emulator starts, but after 5-6 seconds, it f**** up. And the above problems is coming... Hmm, don't know if it's only me having this issue.. But it's damn annoying!

Last edited by YonasMoa on Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:29 am
Enthusiast

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S, HP iPAQ 214
Operating System: Android 2.2.1
ROM: Darky's v9.5.XWJS8
Post Re: Problem with FpseCE: Read for explaining..
I can't help you with problem with gamepad, but to get rid of the graphics that stays on screen when fpsece crashes just start it again and when you exit normally it will be fixed, so you don't have to do soft reset ;)

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:35 am

Cim wrote:
I can't help you with problem with gamepad, but to get rid of the graphics that stays on screen when fpsece crashes just start it again and when you exit normally it will be fixed, so you don't have to do soft reset ;)

Thx for the tip. But why does this crash come? :)

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:54 am
Addict

Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 4.0.3
ROM: Virtuous Inquisition 4.0.1
This can be a whole number of reasons ranging from the specs of your device to the inner workings of the game u played.
If you wanna find out why it crashes you will have to give some more details (what game, region, phone, etc)

Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:26 pm

Suicidal.Banana wrote:
This can be a whole number of reasons ranging from the specs of your device to the inner workings of the game u played.
If you wanna find out why it crashes you will have to give some more details (what game, region, phone, etc)

Game: Crash Bandicoot 3 (i only play this game, so don't know if the crash also happens in other games)
Phone: HTC HD2
Region: Denmark..

I use the sch1001 bios.. and also set the enableHLE=off ...

Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:39 pm
Addict

Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 4.0.3
ROM: Virtuous Inquisition 4.0.1
Region as in NTCS or PAL (sry, should have sayd that)
I had a quick look at the 'FpseCE Official Compatibility List' but it doesnt mention Crash Bandicoot 3 (unless thats listed as trilogy)

You could try to run it without a bios, fpsece (since recently) actually no longer needs a bios
if that doesnt help (and honestly, im not to sure it will) you will have to dive into the ini file (fpsece.ini in the directory where u installed) and see if any of the patches help.

You could also try to run the game on a pc based psx emulator (to see if your image is good)

I understood a full fpsece.ini documentation is beeing worked on, so if you dont get it working now, remember that, there should be extensive info on every detail of the ini soon.

And lastly, you should really try at least a few games, i guess your a big CB fan, but you/we cant really expect schtruck to test all psx games out there, so even though its sayd to emulate 100%, it might not for every game (though hey, he reads his forums ofc, if in the end it turns out to be fpsece related, im sure he can fix it)

Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:39 pm
Enthusiast

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S, HP iPAQ 214
Operating System: Android 2.2.1
ROM: Darky's v9.5.XWJS8
It must be something wrong with your iso. PAL version works ok compressed with pocket iso's normal compression (I didn't try without it). Try ripping it with clonecd as described in one of tutorials.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]