[Q] How can I make right stick work in-game ?

dlanor
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Lenovo IdeaPad A10
Operating System: Android
ROM: stock rooted with Kingo but no other mods (no CWM)

[Q] How can I make right stick work in-game ?

Postby dlanor » Sat May 02, 2015 5:48 am

As the topic title implies I am having problems using the right analog stick in-game.
Fortunately most games don't even use the right stick, but some do, and there it can be important.
For example, in 'Chrono Cross' it's used to turn a character to face a different angle without moving.

I've configured FPSE to use the right stick, but the game doesn't respond in any way to right stick movements.
I've tried this using several different physical gamepads, all with the same negative results.

It should be noted that it is not a hardware or platform driver issue, as the same gamepads work well with other software, with right analog stick working properly in-game.

The device I've used in most of my testing is a 'Lenovo Ideapad A10', on unmodified stock rom.
I have now rooted that device, but am still using the stock rom (so no CWM).

I hope someone here can provide info on how to successfully use the right stick,
or possibly pass on to the developer that this feature may need improvement.

Best regards: dlanor

dlanor
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Lenovo IdeaPad A10
Operating System: Android
ROM: stock rooted with Kingo but no other mods (no CWM)

Re: [Q] How can I make right stick work in-game ?

Postby dlanor » Sun May 03, 2015 8:59 pm

I'm replying to myself here, just to clarify for others that my problem has 'spontaneously' disappeared.
After performing various other work on this Android laptop I decided to return to testing FPSE again, and in these new tests I no longer have the difficulty with the right analog stick that I had before. It works fine right now.

I just hope it keeps doing so.
As I have no idea what caused the original problem, there's no telling what might bring it back...

Best regards: dlanor

Return to “General Discussion”