Settings for Castlevania: Symphony of the Night?

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
Idiotekque
Primary Device: Galaxy S3
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock 4.3

Settings for Castlevania: Symphony of the Night?

Postby Idiotekque » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:49 am

I just bought FPSE and have been trying some games out. I tried The Misadventures of Tron Bonne first, but not only is it a bit tough to play with a touchscreen only, it doesn't run all that well. Looking around, I noticed that it wasn't a title that ran very well on FPSE, so I moved on to Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

Honestly, it's not playing very well either. There's a bit of an odd "line" that appears as part of the character sprite sometimes during movement, and the text is absolutely a mess. It's hard to explain, but basically tons of words are overlapping and scrolling over each other and it's just all in all a total mess. Also, during the first battle with Dracula in the intro, when he transforms and the room shatters into a new battleground, the shattered pieces of the background glitched and flashed bright green and bright purple and whatnot, and the same thing happened again at the end of the battle. I've played the game on the PSX, so I'm quite sure of what was a strange glitch and what wasn't. Moving on from there, when the the game tells you the history and whatnot and more words scroll on screen, they glitched even worse than before, and were pretty much unreadable.

So really, I'm just looking for someone who's played the game on FPSE as well and knows what settings should be used to get it to play properly. CAN it play properly?

Thanks.

Idiotekque

Re: Settings for Castlevania: Symphony of the Night?

Postby Idiotekque » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:02 pm

OpenGL seems to work better on that, so that's what I've been using. I have a fairly strong device too, so it's nice to get the most out of games.

I was looking for settings for Final Fantasy IX as well and found this: http:/www.fpsece.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=433&p=28320

That's pretty much what I'm looking for for SotN. Just something telling me what settings should be at for SotN to run correctly. For how popular of a game it is, I'm surprised I couldn't find anything.

Idiotekque

Postby Idiotekque » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:47 am

Anyone? :|

Idiotekque

Postby Idiotekque » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:14 am

Is there anyone on this forum?... I can't get any questions answered...

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:53 am

i ll check it for you.

Idiotekque

Postby Idiotekque » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:30 am

Thanks, any help would be awesome. I'm clueless as to what most of the options technically do and how they apply to each particular game.

radji
Primary Device: HTC One M8
Operating System: Android 5.0.1
ROM: Modded/deodexed stock rom

Postby radji » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:42 am

Was this question ever answered? I'm trying to run Castlevania SOTN on my HTC M8. It loads but the sound cracks terribly no matter what the audio latency setting is. And if I try to run OpenGL, the PS icon from the splash screen is missing, as well as the game's screen is forced to its original size with a purple border around it.

Any suggestions?

Return to “Game-Specific Help”