Mem Card and other issues

Fendis
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Nexus 7 2013
Operating System: Android 4.4.4

Mem Card and other issues

Postby Fendis » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:41 pm

hey guys,

yesterday i bought fpse for android on playstore. runs well, but i got some issues with the mem card thing.
so let me tell how i proceeded. i installed fpse. started it up. it asked me to load bios, so i did. Bios is scph1001.bin. then i testet the diablo1 game and it works fine. So far so good.

now i tried to save by the fpse´s quicksave option and even that works fine. Issues starts as i tried to save the game, using the ingame function. it says no mem card.
so i searched this forum and probably found two solutions.

i first tried to create that memfiles slot1.mcd and slot2.mcd using the editor on windows. copied that files to my tablet and changed the path in the settings of fpse.

now diablo recognizes the mem cards but they have to be formated. if i let diablo handle this it says "error" an thats it. does not work.

next solution that i´ve tried was to backup the fpse, take the created mem files and change the path in the settings. again it does not work. it says no mem card.

thats it so far. so why i dont save state by fpse? i dont know. :D i tried that with diablo just to be sure if it works or not. but the main thing is, it has to work for games with two or more images. but i dont really know. if i play final fantasy and come to that point where i have to change the cd. do i need a mem card with the latest savegame or does it work with only the quicksave thing of fpse? if thats so, i probably could waive that mem card feature but iam not sure.

sorry for that bunch of text and for my english. it´s not my native language. hope u guys can help me.

thank you in advance

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Mem Card and other issues

Postby schtruck » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:28 pm

you cannot create memcard like this, but you can try to boot bios first to see if you can see memcard, if you cannot, just reset settings from FPse and restart FPse, it will recreate memcards files

they are stored into /sdcard/.fpse/memcards

don't move them to external sdcard because since kitkat doesn't allow any more to programs to write to external storage

Fendis
Fresh Fish

Postby Fendis » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:10 pm

hey schtruck,

i copied the memcard files to my internal storage. now diablo recognizes them, but says they´re unformated. so i klick yes to format them. after that -> error. error message says : "Format Error! Memory Card May be unuseable"

If i load up Bios on mainmenü, there ist a cd player an a mem card menü.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:50 pm

let me check please.

Fendis
Fresh Fish

Postby Fendis » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:24 pm

hey again,

seems to be an issue with only the diablo game. Converted my FF7 copies today and it worked for me. changend nothing and there is a mem card when i play FF7.
But in diablo it still does not work. Its ok for me for now, since diablo only needs one img file and i could save state per fpse.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:46 pm

i saw that somes game do not support two memcard, you should try to rename one memcard from /sdcard/.fpse/memcards

like memcard2.mcd to memcard2.mcd.old

and retry

Return to “General Discussion”