Fpse for Android News

NCxJorfapigo
Primary Device: Xperia Play R800i
Operating System: Android 2.3.7
ROM: Aurora Play 2.0

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby NCxJorfapigo » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:05 am

Another beta? Come on.... In the last version you gave us a "remote controller" function that doesn't work properly. Like it wasn't even tested. Now there is a 18th beta version? Like you want to over test every aspect of the game? Maybe I should join the beta testing group, seems like they are getting all the cool stuff, and I believe that no one looked at the video that I uploaded some days ago, and I wasn't complaining about a beta release...

DragonDragon
Primary Device: Exynos 5

Postby DragonDragon » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:14 am

Q8-V08 wrote:Plus / Minus of the various plugins, please add screenfiltering to the OpenGL HD plugin.

OpenGL HD, missing screenfiltering, texture filtering works.
Software HD, screenfiltering on/off doesn't work, no texture filtering.
Software faster, no texture filtering, screenfiltering is always on, off doesn't disable it.
Software smoother, screenfiltering on/off works, no texture filtering.

To these flaws I would add lack of filter/shader support for OpenGL plugin.
Regarding Alpha Multipass and other bugs maybe this will be helpful in fixing them and achieving better emulation and graphics quality: http://problemkaputt.de/psx-spx.htm

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:11 pm

OK guys, now it's really the last Beta, because i have plenty of new things to add for the version after the new Release...

FPse 0.11.137B9

with this new Beta, i have added OpenGL In live Option changes.... (for next version ,i'll add the possibity to Put those options as Virtual buttons, as well as the Wide screen trick.

Please if you want to test this beta let me know by email to schtruck@gmail.com.

NCxJorfapigo

Postby NCxJorfapigo » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:42 pm

BTW, what does Alpha Multipass do? How can I tell if it's working?

GITech
Primary Device: HTC ONE Max
Operating System: STOCK
ROM: STOCK

Postby GITech » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:33 am

It was nice talking to you through PM NCxJorfapigo.

I will try to answer your question when I make a big post of my findings.

So far in my testing: AM does turn ON when rom boots now, so that is good! But, The black outline problem is still there, only reduced/thinner.

So, AM is "working" at rom boot, but it is no longer removing all of the black outline around 2D alpha textures.

Do, I need to make a big picture post Schtruck?

I'd say release it to the App store now, and work on AM a bit more after?? The is unless you know what happened and you can reverse it easily.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:20 pm

i just pushed FPse 0.11.137 to the market:
- Moved Experimental OpenGL plugin to normal plugin
- Added OpenGL boost level from misc / video menu, can be much faster
- Added Widescreen Video option trick. Games play in 16/9 not stretched!
- Added Specials virtuals buttons, FastForward/QuickSave/QuickLoad/Menu
- Added OpenGL Dither
- Fixed Multiplayer controller mode! Play on many device to multiplayers games!
- Fixed Multi button mapping
- Fixed L2/R2 bug
- Fixed download function .

Any regression into this version? let's talk here.

things i forgot to list:
- added level for OffscreenDrawing, somes games do not require absolutely 3 , and going down to 2 make things faster. But game like Rtype Delta will need 4... (go to Misc and Video menu, but check OffscreenDrawing from video menu too)
- Dynamic switching OpenGL Options is working good.
- Modified Multitap to support game bomberman world (need Multitap on Port2) . you can play up to 5 players by using the Multiplayers controller options

GITech

Postby GITech » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:47 pm

************Oh, ok, I see you put it up on the market. I will start over, and I will remove/edit this post if it is not relevant************

Updates to this post for the official release of 0.11.137 will all be in BOLD

Here are my findings for Beta B9 and 0.11.137:

Summary/thoughts:

I have realized that Alpha Multipass is only needed when Texture Filtering is on. It may be that Texture Filtering is "wrong" in the way it "blacks out" the now "filtered alpha edge" textures. Then Alpha Multipass is the "bandaid" or "hack/fix" to counter that issue with Texture Filtering... Also, the AM method used in previous builds "looked like" it was working "properly" as it removed all/any black boarders, most of those lines that break up Dracula's cape (for example). Now with Beta B9, AM does not do it's job fully as it only reduces the black boarder. No change with 0.11.137 from Beta B9. AM and TF do turn ON in real time from the video menu.

Pics/examples;

Blaster Master: With Texture Filtering OFF, there is no change when AM is tested ON or OFF. Everything looks fine, though pixelated of coarse.

...but when Texture Filtering is turned ON, every alpha texture gets a thick black boarder at the new filtered alpha edges.

When AM is turned ON, these black borders are reduced, but not completely removed as they were with previous builds (when an "event" turned it ON "fully").

These new pics of SOTN... 1,2, & 3 below are representative of pics 1,2, & 3 of Blaster Master using Beta B9 above... in that the settings are the same for the first, second, and third. For consistency across the examples.

Castlevania SOTN: Same as first pic above.. Texture Filtering OFF, no change with AM ON or OFF. Everything looks fine, though pixelated of coarse.

Texture Filtering is turned ON, textures get a thick black boarder around them, Dracula's cape is broken up. Same as above.

When AM is turned ON, these black borders are reduced, but not completely removed as they were with builds prior to Beta B9. Notice what happened to the "candle stick"!!!

Grandia: 3 pics only showing results with both Texture Filtering and Alpha Multipass turned ON. Black boarders are not fully removed..
Many "lines" in the background and/or "black borders"
Black boarders around trees, the tracks in the road, canopies on the houses/shops, etc..

Conclusion:
1. "Something happened" with the way AM is implemented between Beta 16,17,18,19 and the new Beta B9/0.11.137.
2. Dithering does not stick in OGL, even with restart. Is this game dependent?

Reminder note: In the last Play Store version I had before I began Beta testing, I do not think AM was a problem at all. ;)

NCxJorfapigo

Postby NCxJorfapigo » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:07 pm

Finally! Market release! I'm so happy! Wide-screen option is amazing! Impressive!
I gave it a quick test with some fps and fighting games I have and here's what I've found :
In the fps games some5imes there was a little loading lag, nothing serious, maybe related to my phone processor. Graphics looked great and there was no speed problem.
However in the fighting games like Street fighter alpha and mortal kombat 4 there is a empty space on each side of the stages that cannot be reached.
Crash team racing problem is still there, it is the only game that runs insanely fast. Still unable to set ANY value to the frame limiter when using OGL, stuck at Automatic.
Remote controller works ok, a little bit of lag which is expected. I didn't have the time to test it properly but it seemed to me that remote controller DOESN'T WORK WHEN the server is on OGL. Maybe some of you can test this further, I'll do so when I get home.
BTW, I think I understand what AM is, I'll twitch some of the options on my device and report back... Thank you GITech for the info.

IDSG
Primary Device: Ainol Aurora II
Operating System: Android
ROM: CM11

Postby IDSG » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:00 pm

FPSE FC every time that i try to change any setting from Video using OpenGL in the latest version 0.11.137

Restore settings, installed again and the FC's still happen

GITech

Postby GITech » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:03 am

IDSG,

This version has too many changes to be able to use "Restore Settings".

Backup your memcard and savestate folders. Then go to Manage Apps, go to Fpse, Clear Data and Uninstall.

Then re-DL and install fresh.

Then copy your Memcard and SS's back into the fpse folder.

Do not try to Restore Settings from fpse's menu. You will be starting from scratch with setup for each game.

(A Beta tester has to start from scratch with every beta!)

;)
Last edited by GITech on Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “News”