Fpse for Android News

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby schtruck » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:32 pm

i just updated plugins, because there had a log that slowed down somes games a lot, reset setting to get new plugins and recheck

MrKaon
Primary Device: HTC One

Postby MrKaon » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:38 pm

Using Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.4
Don't have audio? Used to be fine before OS update.
Any suggestions?
Btw thanks for new plugin what a speed almost locked at 60fps all the time.

EDIT
Redownloaded plugins now everything is fine.
Thanks

mikian
Primary Device: Galaxy ace

Postby mikian » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:52 pm

this update is amazing! but not in the normal software mode, im still using a galaxy ace armv6 and i thought that the opengl (experimental) mode wouldn't work ever on my device, but i tried, and OMG! works way better than using the normal mode, i mean, feels really smooth all the game play, it just have some lag moments in certain parts but runs way smooth than in the normal soft mode

so pleasee keep it up updating that experimental opengl mode! armv6 users will thank you <3!

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:45 pm

Yes I tested on armv6 devices and I m surprised because it a very slow cpu...

On my ace it works well.

I have already boosted the current experimental plugin. It s reported to be much faster.i have other way to optimize..

On my xperia play experimental opengl gives excellents results.. it s smooth with many games I tested.

Even on tegra 3 it s much more faster .. all games run full speed.. ouya will have a full speed opengl rendering.

I will enhance it much more and will recreate an opengl game profile sharing system.

mikian
Primary Device: Galaxy ace

Postby mikian » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:23 am

those are great news ^-^ it is great because besides the speed, we also have the plus of the smooth 3d graphics :D
the only bug report im finding, is that when enabling the multi button start-stop option, and pressing any other buttons on the screen, the
gameplay lags and freezes until you release the buttons, as an example, i use the multi start-stop for the X button at Crash team racing (so i dont have to press it to run the kart) and when i press (and maintain pressed) any arrow or other button, that freeze/lag happens until i release the fingers from them, so i cant use that feature for now :(

anyway thanks fr all of ur work ^^ who knows maybe in the future this opengl mode could replace the original mode xD cuz is way better!

IDSG
Primary Device: Ainol Aurora II
Operating System: Android
ROM: CM11

Postby IDSG » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:28 am

The experimental OpenGL Plugin it's crashing on my Aurora 2 (Dual Cortex A9 with a Mali 400 MP2), the normal OpenGL works perfectly

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:52 am

Not recommended for Mali except if you have 2gb of memory or more.

IDSG
Primary Device: Ainol Aurora II
Operating System: Android
ROM: CM11

Postby IDSG » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:56 am

schtruck wrote:Not recommended for Mali except if you have 2gb of memory or more.

Oh that makes sense, btw the normal OGL plugin (or the emulator itself) are boosted too?

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:51 am

let me works on MALI optimisation , it's doable. like for others

pteek
Primary Device: HTC TOUCH 3G
Operating System: WM 6.1
ROM: stock

Postby pteek » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:49 am

The new opengl plugin is great! I am getting 52fps in tekken with super smooth grafixs.

The multitouch keys are not working on my SE Xperia Pro. All the multi keys are set to whatever the last one was set. i.e. if I set multi1 to UP+L and then go and set multi2 to UP+R, both multi1 and multi2 becomes UP+R. Hardware button binded to multi keys is ignored and only overlay pad multi keys are registered.

Also, I use multitouch keys to assign multiple hardware keys to press a single PS button. Just wanted to mention this so you can code acordingly.

Does the Pro keybord report down and up events?

Games need to be restarted after changing hardware key mappings otherwise only 1 or 2 keys work.

About the crop, it work well but it resets the original screen size setting. So I am left cropping a 4:3 image that is already streched to 16:9, which is not of much use to me since I want to prevent streching. I would like to have a native 4:3 image cropped to fit the 16:9 screen(The percent selection is perfect IMO).

Again, smoothest grafix and gameplay ever. kudos sir.

Return to “News”