View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Troubles installing... 

Post Troubles installing...
Hey,

I would love to make a donation but so far I have been unsuccessful to actually begin to play this emulator.

I have a Dell Axim X51v, WM5
I am wanting to play Star Wars - Episode I - The Phantom Menace [U][NTSC-U] and Crash_Bandicoot_[U][NTSC-U]. These are both is .IMG format but once through Pocket ISO 2.0 they come out as Crash Bandicoot [NTSC-U] [SCUS-94900].bin.Z
I put the .ISO into the ISO directory in FPSEce.
I put the SCPH1001.BIN Playstation BIOS file into the BIOS directory of FPSEce
Loud up the memory card and start the ISO yet all i get is Error CD-Rom initialization Failed.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong?
Will I be able to play these games at a good speed with my Axim?

Thanks

Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:05 am
Addict

Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 4.0.3
ROM: Virtuous Inquisition 4.0.1
Post Re: Troubles installing...
I cant help you in detail (since i dont have a Dell Axim X51v) but did you try booting the bios? (do load iso then cancel)
if that does work (gives u a cd player and memcard editor) then its caused by the iso. [edit] this only applys if fastboot is disabled afaik, if its on it wont boot the bios [/edit]

(Oh btw, you DID copy both '.z' files along to ISOS directory after converting right? else it wont work)

Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:59 am

Suicidal.Banana wrote:
I cant help you in detail (since i dont have a Dell Axim X51v) but did you try booting the bios? (do load iso then cancel)
if that does work (gives u a cd player and memcard editor) then its caused by the iso. [edit] this only applys if fastboot is disabled afaik, if its on it wont boot the bios [/edit]

(Oh btw, you DID copy both '.z' files along to ISOS directory after converting right? else it wont work)

Ive got tonnes of files which one do you mean? :?

Crash Bandicoot [NTSC-U] [SCUS-94900].bin
Crash Bandicoot [NTSC-U] [SCUS-94900].bin.Z
Crash Bandicoot [NTSC-U] [SCUS-94900].bin.Z.table
Crash Bandicoot [NTSC-U] [SCUS-94900].cue
Crash Bandicoot [NTSC-U] [SCUS-94900].iso
Crash Bandicoot [NTSC-U] [SCUS-94900].iso.ZNX
Crash Bandicoot [NTSC-U] [SCUS-94900].iso.ZNX.table

Star Wars - Episode I - The Phantom Menace [NTSC-U] [SLUS-00884].ccd
Star Wars - Episode I - The Phantom Menace [NTSC-U] [SLUS-00884].img
Star Wars - Episode I - The Phantom Menace [NTSC-U] [SLUS-00884].sub

Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:14 am
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini pro
Operating System: Android 2.3.2
You need both files - *.Z and *.table
Here is guide how to use PocketISO (by CloudStrife86; 2nd post down):
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=156

Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:31 am
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Galaxy Note 2/ HTCs
Star wars episode 1 => forget about this one untill FpseCE 0.10 is out, it's not working with 0.9.6

If you have the CD-Rom initialization Failed, you device can't handle compressed iso (like my good old omnia) but it will certainly do with FpseCE 0.10
So 1st, try to use an uncompressed image of your crash bandiccot, and in the options, put FastBoot OFF

Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:39 am
Profile WWW

Hi thank you all for you support! It works great but only at a steady 22fps is there any way of speeding this up or is my Axim not up to the job?

EDIT:
here is the settings i have been using:

For Options > CPU Mode, you want to select ARM V5

Go to Options > Misc > GFX Driver set it to LFB. (VGA Works, but not on landscape, and LFB is faster.)

Turn on Frame Skip in the Options > Misc menu.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:58 pm
Addict

Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 4.0.3
ROM: Virtuous Inquisition 4.0.1
yes you should be able to tune it a bit further, when the game is running and u have the controller on the screen, press 'options' on that controller, then at the top of the new window chage the frameskip, best tactic imo is to set it up or down 1, then test for a good few mins, maybe write down average fps, and go to next frameskip mode.

Its kinda a juggle between good performance and good framerate, often when you have like frameskip 9 (max) sound goes all beserk, the game reports fps near its limit (50 or 60 fps) but actually shows maybe 12 fps, where as frameskip 0 (min) usually gives u the best of all worlds (beeing sound, game fps and actual fps)

But ye, despite my explanation beeing somewhat vague, try it, i for example play thps2 on frameskip 2, wich works great for me, a bit of fps boost and no noticeable slowdown (compared to 0 frameskip anyway)

Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:24 pm
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
i900frenchaddict wrote:
Star wars episode 1 => forget about this one untill FpseCE 0.10 is out, it's not working with 0.9.6

I don't think this game is working on 0.10 either. I could get to the menu, but unless you click new game immediately after it appears on screen, then it freezes. Even after successfully getting beyond the menu screen, it freezes ever time, without fail, on the loading screen.
The same thing happens on the PSP with this game, so it may be some kind of copy protection incorporated into the game.
I always new those Sith were a bunch of sly mothers.

Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:54 pm

CloudStrife86 wrote:
i900frenchaddict wrote:

I don't think this game is working on 0.10 either. I could get to the menu, but unless you click new game immediately after it appears on screen, then it freezes. Even after successfully getting beyond the menu screen, it freezes ever time, without fail, on the loading screen.
The same thing happens on the PSP with this game, so it may be some kind of copy protection incorporated into the game.
I always new those Sith were a bunch of sly mothers.

Google this as I'm thinking about buy a Psp soon and found a video with it working on a psp JUST:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsV02YS6BmQ

any use to you guys?

Also I have been going through all my Playstation games and copying them over just wondering about Metal Gear Solid NTSC. I get to the menu to start a new game and it goes blank. I did search this up and apparently there is a plugin to fix it. If so what plugin is this and how to I go about engaging it?

Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:33 pm
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
I've tried doing what the guy says in that video. I saw it a while back but his method only works on the very, very rare occasion. I tried about 50 times, which took ages, and got it to work once. It crashed at the very next loading screen though, so it's unplayable.
To get MGS working, you need to enable SPUsync in fpse.ini, but to my knowledge, that option is only available in 0.10. Also, that doesn't really fix the issues very well. It still has a tendency to crash at every opportunity, mostly when the screen goes black.

*EDIT* I would definitely recommend getting a PSP (not the PSP Go though) and putting a custom firmware on it. With that, almost all PSX games work flawlessly, and those that don't generally have fixes. There's also a great deal of awesome homebrew available for PSP. Oh, and Syphon Filter Dark Mirror / Logan's Shadow are brilliant!

Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next