Fpse for Android News

otakuloser
Primary Device: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Operating System: Android 4.3
ROM: Stock - rooted

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby otakuloser » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:06 am

schtruck wrote:HD software rendering is mostly complete, i want to add shaders on it and add a new shader, the famous bayer dithering.

SO expect a beta shortly, surely tomorow.

the HD soft rendering is doing a great job....

Cool. I'll be looking forward to trying the new features out some more. This last beta hasn't worked so well for me.

danfozzy wrote:I'm constantly getting license check failings on the latest beta, cleared data, no joy. Cleared cache, no joy. Even uninstalled and reinstalled. Still fails

Ah. So, I'm not the only one. I had to go back to the latest stable version, because of the beta's license check failing.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:15 pm

i pushed the new beta with HD software plugin.

let me know guys. it's still not finished, but the result is already very good for most games and i had to share it to see how it works on others CPU than my S800.

thanks for feedbacks

Idiotekque
Primary Device: Galaxy S3
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock 4.3

Postby Idiotekque » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:22 pm

Awesome, seems to work great on my S3.

Unfortunately, it's making the battle menus of FF IX disappear. I seem to recall that being an issue on OpenGL mode too, but there was a video setting that fixed the issue. That setting doesnt exist on HD software mode... so I dunno.

otakuloser
Primary Device: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Operating System: Android 4.3
ROM: Stock - rooted

Postby otakuloser » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:21 am

Very good work! Aside from the unfinished battle swirl effects you mentioned, this works great with FFIX. Unfortunately, I'm still getting license check failures. :cry:

Idiotekque wrote:Unfortunately, it's making the battle menus of FF IX disappear. I seem to recall that being an issue on OpenGL mode too, but there was a video setting that fixed the issue. That setting doesnt exist on HD software mode... so I dunno.

Are you using frameskip? If so, then try switching to "Old Frameskip". That worked for me.

Idiotekque
Primary Device: Galaxy S3
ROM: Stock 4.3

Postby Idiotekque » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:35 am

otakuloser wrote:Very good work! Aside from the unfinished battle swirl effects you mentioned, this works great with FFIX. Unfortunately, I'm still getting license check failures. :cry:

Idiotekque wrote:Unfortunately, it's making the battle menus of FF IX disappear. I seem to recall that being an issue on OpenGL mode too, but there was a video setting that fixed the issue. That setting doesnt exist on HD software mode... so I dunno.

Are you using frameskip? If so, then try switching to "Old Frameskip". That worked for me.

That did the trick, thanks! I was thinking there was only old framelimiter, not skip.

Sadly I'm getting the license check failure now too... it doesnt happen immediately, but it still pops up and once it pops up there goes the audio... Shame, I wanted to start back on my FFIX save again tonight haha. I'm just about to the Desert Palace.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:24 am

I update beta today. I ll add scaling factor and fix the license.

danfozzy
Primary Device: note 3 and note 10.1 (2014)
ROM: stock

Postby danfozzy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:45 pm

HQ4X Shader in smooth software mode and HD software mode is crashing fpse on loading any game on my note 10.1 2014 model p600, on my note 3 s800 and my Minix x7, sent a feedback crash report via the force close message

I cant seem to get HD software mode to stick from the main menu, I select it, restart fpse, but when I check the video mode it's selected to smooth software mode?..... Edit, just realised if I change it whilst in game it will change and and stay selected for that game after a restart.

Also I'm unable to keep the hardware acceleration option selected in video settings. I tick it, but when I go back into the video mode options, it's unticked

It seems there's a few bugs within the menus of fpse that need addressing as well as you working on the shaders/plugins
Last edited by danfozzy on Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Poly
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: p1000
Operating System: android
ROM: 4.4.2

Postby Poly » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:17 am

Hi. Im new here and i really appreciate your job doing your things well for making the fpse work better. :D

I have a problem im using SGT p1000 running at 4.4.2 firmware with cyanogenmod 11 using ur open gl plug in. I alr download the plugin211 and extracted to my storage(alr tried at external and internal) but it didnt detect when i open the fpse. I said it did not detevt because When i open the fpse it said need to download plugins using internet, .

If i download the plug ins in internet,, is the plugin211 detected? Or its not because if it is detected it should not download at the internet.

Thanks. Hope for your reply :D

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:30 pm

To all beta testers, i posted a new beta to the Market beta channel, i fixed the license problem and made a better HD plugin, it can emulate FF swirl and Mgs water and more!!

If you find any problem , let me know i'll fix it.

Now what i'd want is to Start opttimisations for the Soft HD plugin, i think i can boost it up to 30% with a little works....

THanks for your report.

Poly
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: p1000
Operating System: android
ROM: 4.4.2

Postby Poly » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:57 pm

U didnt answer my question. Still waiting . when im targetting the .so file that came in ( plugin 211)my fpse is stopping

Also cn i hve the link of softhd plug in ur telling

Also please in open gl latest.

Thank u in advance

Return to “News”