Fpse for Android News

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby schtruck » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:31 pm

OK i just pushed a last beta version 0.11.112, need to change a last thing....

Fixed opengl plugins, Rebel Assault II is now working in openGL as well as somes others games!

here are changes:

- Added CPU optimisations for ARM V5, V6 and V7, give interresting boost
- Enhanced SDcard scanning process with cache, Scan drives only if change is detected
- Fixed a last SDcard recognition problem
- Fixed games Moto Racer, Einhender, Breath of fire III, X-Men metal mutant, Worms Armageddon, Vampire hunter, etc..
- Fixed OpenGL plugins, now Rebel Assault II and somes others works well
- Added automatic recognition of Adreno GPU to add Specific OpenGL fix automaically
- Added OUYA fastforwarding feature, just slide your finger onto the touchpad + R2 to fastforward
- Added the possibility to set manually plugins to avoid to be downloaded each update
Get files from http://www.fpsece.net/plugins.zip and unzip it to /sdcard/fpseplugins.\n\n" +

GO GUYS!!! let me know if all is OK. this version force plugins to be redownloaded because they have changed. But as explained you can do it manually.

i lost too much time since last update, because many people aren't able with the current online version to see their external storage card.

Thanks!

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:02 pm

OK as beta testers seems to be on the beach actually, anyone is interresting to test the New version? let me know by email please.

i can push a version without any feedback, it's not professional...

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:17 pm

OK just pushed to the market FPse 0.11.112:

- Added CPU optimisations for ARM V5, V6 and V7
- Faster Storage scan
- Fixed Moto Racer, Einhender, Breath of fire III, X-Men metal mutant, Worms Armageddon, Vampire hunter, etc..
- Fixed OpenGL plugins, now Rebel Assault II works well
- Added automatic recognition of Adreno GPU
- Added OUYA fastforwarding feature, just slide your finger onto the touchpad + R2 to fastforward
- Added the possibility to set manually plugins (read forum)

If you have any new problem, i need to know. don't hesitate to report here.

thanks.

foleyjo
Enthusiast
Primary Device: JXD S601

Postby foleyjo » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:57 am

No changes for me and the problems i mentioned, though they weren't mentioned in the change log so I didn't expect there to be. Apart from that I seem to have slight speed improvement in opengl mode

dakkon
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: LG Nexus 4 E960
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock 4.3

Postby dakkon » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:16 pm

Hi Shtruck,
Unfortunately there is no OpenGL performance improvement with the new version for my Adreno GPU device
I have two android devices (same resolution) with the following performance (without frame skip, running on OpenGL mode), on the same FF9 world map spot:

A Nexus 4 phone (proc: Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait; GPU: Adreno 320; RAM: 2GB; storage: 16 GB):
24-36 frames

A Goclever R106 tablet (proc: Dual-core 1,6 GHz RockChip RK3066 Cortex A9; GPU: Mali 400MP4; RAM: 1GB; storage: 8GB; I run the iso’s from an external 32GB SD Card):
36-45 frames

The same applies (more or less obvious) to any other playstation games run in OpenGL mode.
In any other benchmark my phone has more than 50% better performance than my tablet (as opposed to FPSE), and as I found on other forums/threads that the same applies to Nexus 7 v2 and Samsung Galaxy S4. So it’s unlikely a problem with the phone and almost certain an incompatibility between FPSE and the Adreno GPU.
Please look into it as more and more users will have the same problem.

PS: the same performance (+/- a few frames) applies to EPSXE, so any improvements will give FPSE an(other) :) edge.

raoh23
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Nvidia Shield

Postby raoh23 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:06 pm

Does anyone with an Nvidia Shield know if the analog stick and the trigger buttons work on this newest version? Or does anyone know how to make them work? Thanks!

SlenderMan
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: samsung galaxy s3
Operating System: andoid 4.1.2
ROM: xxella

Postby SlenderMan » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:11 am

schtruck wrote:OK just pushed to the market FPse 0.11.112:

- Added CPU optimisations for ARM V5, V6 and V7
- Faster Storage scan
- Fixed Moto Racer, Einhender, Breath of fire III, X-Men metal mutant, Worms Armageddon, Vampire hunter, etc..
- Fixed OpenGL plugins, now Rebel Assault II works well
- Added automatic recognition of Adreno GPU
- Added the possibility to set manually plugins (read forum)

If you have any new problem, i need to know. don't hesitate to report here.

thanks.

With this update i got corrupted/missing textures in Soul Blade. Hanging issue remains. Plugin - OpenGL

SanThanh2013
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: ZTE U-V889D
Operating System: Android 4.0.4

Postby SanThanh2013 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:26 am

Hi, i play chrono cross no openGL get some lag, fps 30-35 when into menu... (my device is single core 1ghz, processor cortex A5 arm7), i hope you can improve speed in next update

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:27 pm

OK just pushed a new verision to the market:

FPse 0.11.113:
- Fixed ARMV6 crash in previous version
- Fixed L2/R2 buttons on Nvidia SHIELD, OUYA and external pads and enhanced Sticks L and R emulation
- Fixed Directional Cross in digital mode for on Nvidia Shield, OUYA and external pad
- Fixed Android 4.3 crash in Fast drawing mode
- Added SELECT button for Nvidia SHIELD, just tap the screen.
- Added OUYA fastforwarding feature, slide your finger on touchpad + R2
- Added Xperia Play L2 and R2 emulation to Analog gamepads in Digital mode

On my side i got better results with it in opengl. Let me know guys.

I have experimented these days somes optimisation for opengl, Reduce texture size, compressed texture, reduce resolution, but no one have given good boost, so i continue, and i hope to find a good way.

WIth this new version i'm able to play in opengl mostly perfectly on my Xperia Play what it was nearly impossible previously...; so i'm happy.

foleyjo
Enthusiast
Primary Device: JXD S601

Postby foleyjo » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:25 am

Any chance you could make the controls recognise the analog sticks on the jxd s5110b as even when I try to map them manually the left stick acts like the dpad and the right stick is ignord.

Also I ask again about control profiles so i don't have to keep remapping the controls when i switch between my jxd and a real controller.

1 more thing with controls; when I do map them I have to select the control twice. Example I select x press the button i want to use, then select circle and it goes to the top of the list so i have to scroll down and then press circle again and then press the button Iwant to use

Return to “News”