Fpse for Android News

brujo5
Primary Device: galaxy s4
Operating System: android
ROM: 4.2.2

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby brujo5 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:25 pm

schtruck wrote:ok guys, i have fixed another problem with sdcard recognition, saw on somes galaxy note 2.

i have fixed an old bug on games breath of fire III , enheinder and somes others when texture become white or black at a time...

can fix the slowdown in snk vs capcom 2000 millenium battle using opengl pluggin,please?.

galaxy s3/s4 cm rom/stock rom.

benhadtue
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: OUYA

Postby benhadtue » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:36 am

hi. i am writing about usb recognition on the ouya.

i have an external hdd that works with the ouya and for the first couple of days fpse recognized it and allowed me to navigate through it.

about 5 days ago fpse stopped allowing me to access the external drive and only allows me to navigate the internal drive. i tried uninstalling and reinstalling a number of times - no luck.

there is a thread open on the ouya forum about this, but i didnt find anything here. any help or advice would be appreciated!

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:37 pm

i found a problem caused by somes games which create a filesystem, i don't know why, FPse thinks it's an external drive, i found a way to fix that bu i need someone test this build so if you are ok, let me know by email.

gamerguy80
Primary Device: Google Nexus 5
Operating System: Android KitKat 4.4.4
ROM: Stock

Postby gamerguy80 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:32 pm

hi schtruck i had to factory reset my phone and when i did i redowloaded fpse and the new update i can no longer see my external sd card when i go to easy menu i think go to external sd card and only a folder called IMAGE is shown?

SwordOfContempt
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Vivid

Postby SwordOfContempt » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:03 am

Hello schtruck, sorry to bother you man, but there's a glaring issue regarding the HTC One. For whatever reason, I am not allowed to press more than two buttons at a time; whenever I try to, all button actions cease until I take my fingers off the screen..

I didn't have this problem with my old phone(HTC Vivid), and apparently I'm not the only HTC one owner who experiences this problem. For the record, everything else works perfectly. I really love this emulator, and if you or anyone can help me with this, it'd be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you much in advance.

bananaclawz
Primary Device: Tmobile G2

Postby bananaclawz » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:24 pm

Hey Schtruck

Can you please advise if there will be a performance boost for OpenGL plugin using Nexus 10 with FPSE? Interestingly, Tomb Raider 3 plays fine after one or two frame buffers. However, I still experience the severe slowdown for the following games:

"Tony Hawk 4"
"Final Fantasy 9"
"Final Fantasy 8"
"Spyro The Dragon"
"Tenchu 1 and 2"
"Ape Escape"
"Tomba"
"Brave Fencer Musashi"
"Xenogears"

Landscape and Portrait mode results in the same Frame Buffering issue. Again for all of these games, if I stand still for 10 seconds and "NOT" do anything, the game catches up and plays perfect. Once I MOVE in game however (textures, environments loading, etc?), the game slows down until I repeat the same process above.

Thanks!

schtruck
Site Admin
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:35 pm

have you tried to set Force Landscape from video menu, it isn't better?

Btw i just pushed a new Beta for Android and OUYA:

- Added CPU optimisations for ARM V5, V6 and V7, give interresting boost
- Fixed a last SDcard recognition problem
- Fixed games Moto Racer, Einhender, Breath of fire III and more with Software plugin (Missing textures suddenly and Input bug on Moto Racer)
- Added automatic recognition of Adreno GPU to add Specific OpenGL fix automaically
- Added the possibility to set manually plugins to avoid to be downloaded each update
Get files from http://www.fpsece.net/plugins.zip and unzip it to /sdcard/fpseplugins.

twenty90seven
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Huawei Ascend
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Postby twenty90seven » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:14 pm

Fixed games Moto Racer, Einhender, Breath of fire III and more with Software plugin (Missing textures suddenly and Input bug on Moto Racer)

How do you get the fix to work with Motoracer? I downloaded the plugins and placed in the folder, but the game still comes up with the input issue. Do I need to enable a plugin from the menu?

DarkBahamut
Fresh Fish
Operating System: 6.5

Postby DarkBahamut » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:56 pm

schtruck wrote:@DarkBahamut, on which device are you running FPse? it's true that on somes device where the Latency is too high (IE, old OMAP cpu ), the Default configuration is really bad, but switching off SPUsync fix the problem. The current audio plugin has itself a HIgh latency in SPUSYNC mode. I'll try to tune is directly from on of those old devices to find the best result...

Excuse the delayed reply to this. Not been using FPSE much recently but noticed there were quite a few sound related updates so decided to give it another try.

In FFVII The audio still isn't great at all, even with all the recent audio updates. Music plays okay for the most part, maybe 85-90% correct, but it still isn't quite right. The sound effects are the bigger issue, like menu sounds. They are much worse and are quite poor still. I've tried playing with the audio settings again including the manual latency setting but nothing makes it any better.

The graphic render has improved quite a bit though. In FFVII previous it was near unplayable in OpenGL. Massive issues, graphic corruption and so on, but now there's just some minor issues such as green/red lines in textures nearly all the time. Not ideal but much much better than it was before.

Device is Asus Transformer Prime (Tegra 3)

brujo5
Primary Device: galaxy s4
ROM: 4.2.2

Postby brujo5 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:11 pm

schtruck wrote:have you tried to set Force Landscape from video menu, it isn't better?

Btw i just pushed a new Beta for Android and OUYA:

- Added CPU optimisations for ARM V5, V6 and V7, give interresting boost
- Fixed a last SDcard recognition problem
- Fixed games Moto Racer, Einhender, Breath of fire III and more with Software plugin (Missing textures suddenly and Input bug on Moto Racer)
- Added automatic recognition of Adreno GPU to add Specific OpenGL fix automaically
- Added the possibility to set manually plugins to avoid to be downloaded each update
Get files from http://www.fpsece.net/plugins.zip and unzip it to /sdcard/fpseplugins.

when in playstore?

also previus version some video modes not working in cm10.2 [android 4.3]

Return to “News”