galaxy tab 3 and fpse

galaxyGirl2985
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: galaxy s2

galaxy tab 3 and fpse

Postby galaxyGirl2985 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:03 am

So I can launch the games but some reason games run so slow like lagging on my galaxy s2 runs perfect even at 1.5ghz dualcore phone...... this tablet is new came out july 4. And is 1.6ghz dual core wondering whats up is it not stable for tablets ?

galaxyGirl2985
Fresh Fish

Re: galaxy tab 3 and fpse

Postby galaxyGirl2985 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:34 am

i900frenchaddict wrote:Is it in openGL ?

Is it a real big lag? The only reason I can think about is the difference in terms of screen resolution: 1280 x 800 for the Tab3 Vs 800x480 for the S2

EDIT: Also, if your Tab 3 has a 1.6ghz CPU, I suppose it's the 10.1inch using the dual-core Intel Z2560 CPU? The smaller size use Exynos for the 8-inch one, and Marvell CPU for the 7-inch one. This could be a reason, I think Fpse has not really been tested and optimized for these really new Intel CPUs yet (I can't even find what sort of GPU it's using, maybe you could tell?)

Probably the cpu not tested like u said and sorry I dont know what open GL means and does it do something to my games ?

galaxyGirl2985
Fresh Fish

Postby galaxyGirl2985 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:30 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:In Fpse settings, global settings, you can find the different rendering modes of Fpse.

OpenGL is a plugin that drastically improves the quality of graphics but is usually slower and might lead to gfx corruptions. Try to use OpenGL, just to see if/how it works with your hardware (so in Fpse settings, find "switch to OpenGL" ...or something like this ;) )

Then there's openGL ES2 blitting, another rendering possibility (same, in Fpse global settings, switch to openGLES2 blitting)

Finally, (and by default if I'm right), there's the old software mode, supposed to be the fastest, but also the most pixelized, especially on tabs and HD devices

Try all of these rendering modes, maybe one will run better on your device

This Nvidia CPU is supposed to be really powerful, but I guess Schtruck will need some sources to imrpove Fpse for this specific hardware

well still waiting for a update :(

deusmodus
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy Tab 3 10'1
Operating System: Android
ROM: stock

Postby deusmodus » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:23 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:but have you tried the three different rendering modes I've listed above?

settings, other, video mode:
1=software blitting
2=fast software
3= openGL HD (and here, you can choose normal or experimental plugin

So, if topicstarter is gone, let me continue.

I bought fpse after testing 0.11.11 hacked release(downloaded from one of russian sites, really does not metters).
And know what? Looks like 0.11.11 works better on tab3 than version in google play.
I will try to write something similar to bug report, and i hope that in feature discussions we can fix my issues.

The game: Castelvania SOTN
Rendering mode: opengl
Extra settings: turn off/on most of video settings(with restart surely) don't speedup/down perfomance. Only frameskeep

So the problem is in character movement. Sound is great, fps counter says 55-60-70, backgroud animation is very smooth. But character move with lags, actions affects with lags.
Is softmode its okay, but graphics is realy poore.

Maybe i need to record video, and post it here or send config, or you can give me version that coolects some debug info and speed swings?

Return to “General Discussion”