Fpse for Android News

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby schtruck » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:18 pm

Guys i think i finally found a way to get perfect sound too, so next version will have very smooth animation as well as perfect sound. to tell you the truth i never had such result in any version of FPse, so stay tunned. For now i post a version to beta testers.

GITech
Primary Device: HTC ONE Max
Operating System: STOCK
ROM: STOCK

Postby GITech » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:47 pm

Ooooo, nice! I'm still using my evo 4g so that is great news as now OGL is at 100% (59fps) speed only 85% of the time in Grandia.

Speaking of Grandia, the issues of garbage on the sides of the screen, and text remaining and being overwriten, are still present. Is there a setting I'm not trying that fixes these?

Also, still waiting on 61, 62 fps limiter levels in OGL.

THANKS,
Jay

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:03 am

OK guys, beta testers seems to be in Hollidays so i push the last version to the market:

FPse 0.11.109:
- Fixed Audio engine, works far better especially on old devices...
- Fixed possible hang/crash at scanning storage
- Fixed Ipega Directional Cross emulation (set the Pad in Joystick mode and assign all buttons except Analog sticks and Directional Cross
- Fixed a problem of Detection of External Sdcard on somes device like Iconia

***** If after updating FPse doesn't start, just clear datas of FPse application from your Android preferences menu ******.

thanks for your feedback.

About others reported problem and request, all are in my task list.... long list, hehe

jkd
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: razr i
Operating System: android
ROM: stock

Postby jkd » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:12 pm

I cant configure my ipega controller. Even configuring the buttons, only the directional works. There is some tricyk thing to do?

Thanks.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:23 pm

Ipega must be switched to Joystick mode, by Pressing X buttons while switching ON the pad.

I just pushed a quick fix to the market, XT912 had problem with new SDcard recognition, now i mixed the two recognition engine and i think it will be working for everyone now, let me know if you still have somes external storage recognition problem.

FPse 0.11.110:
- Fixed external SDcard recognition on somes devices..

bloqhead
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Nexus 7

Postby bloqhead » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:30 am

Is there any chance of full Xbox 360 controller compatibility i.e. triggers and dpad? FPSE is the only emulator on my Android to not be able to map them so it's quite jarring.. thank you.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:02 am

What is strange is that i play well with my Xbox360 controllers, using the USB-Wifi adapter and the OTG cable.

How do you play using the Xbox360 controllers?

bloqhead
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Nexus 7

Postby bloqhead » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:42 am

I use an OTG cable too but I guess the difference could be that I use the official wired controller plugged directly into it? To sum up my issues: the triggers and right analog stick can't be used to map buttons to at all, and the left analog stick is forcefully used as the directional buttons even if I remap them.

Is it even possible that I could have a faulty setting in my FPSE setup? I know my device works perfectly well so it's quite odd!
Last edited by bloqhead on Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

arogance1
Primary Device: HTC One X

Postby arogance1 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:19 am

Torneko seems to be working now, but in Software mode only

foleyjo
Enthusiast
Primary Device: JXD S601

Postby foleyjo » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:26 pm

Haven't used fpse for a bit because I've been using Retroarch to play a game due to compatibility issues with FPSE.
I have just tried FPSE to see what the updates have done and here are some things I've found that are preventing me from enjoying it at the moment.

1 - Compatibility is the main one.3 games in particular
1 - Rebel Assault 2: At the mid way point on level 3 the image freezes. This happens on most emulators.
2 - Broken Sword 2: Slows down to an unplayable speed
3 - Space Hulk: The speech seems to be on fast forward.
2 - 2 stick controls: Ok this is more to do with my device maybe. I'm using a JXD S5110B which has 2 independent analog sticks and a dpad. FPSE only detects one stick. So I have to use Tincore keymapper to map the touchscreen presses to the sticks. Can be very frustrating.
3 - Controls again: In some games when using the touch screen analog for the left stick it seems to lock on the left or right press and the screen starts spinning. This is happening in Medal Of Honor 2. Even with Tincore disabled this is happening so it's not a conflict with that.
4 - OpenGL graphical issues: I find some games just don't like to be played with opengl without a lot of trial and error. Mix this with the fact that I need to keep exiting game to see the effect that my changes have made, it can become very tiresome.
5 - Loading covers: OK I really like the game covers but why do I have to wait for it to scan my games everytime I turn it on. I haven't changed the games on my SD card for weeks. Also why do I have multiple covers for multidisc games..

Apart from this issues I still love FPSE and do recommend it. Just the games I'm trying to play at the moment I can't play.

Return to “News”