Fpse for Android News

mckimiaklopa
Primary Device: samsung Galaxy Y
Operating System: android 2.3.6
ROM: stock DXLF2

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby mckimiaklopa » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:09 pm

schtruck wrote:Just pushed FPse 0.11.105 to the market because MOgra Controllers was disabled:

- Fixed another crash for scanning storage
- Fixed Moga Controllers support

About Dithering i will check that, but it should be done by OpenGL texture drawing. (OpenGL blitting mode)

Thank you very much,I appreciate it.
Keep up the good work :lol:

Elwood
Primary Device: SAMSUNG S3
Operating System: Android Jelly Bean
ROM: Stock

Postby Elwood » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:45 pm

schtruck wrote:ok guys ,i just posted to beta testers the Ultimate FPse Version,FPse 0.11.104 on which have obtained a very Smooth Animation and Smoother sound too. in Soft mode as well as in OpenGL mode.

Hello!

What kind of optimisation did you make? What exactly should we be looking at? Does it concern slower devices only, or all phones?

arogance1
Primary Device: HTC One X

Postby arogance1 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:38 pm

Thanks Schtruck
Torneko still not working, still getting slowdown within dungeons

Arsestar
Primary Device: HTC Evo 3d

Postby Arsestar » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:37 pm

FPse still crashes when I try to start a game since 11.104 and 11.105

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:45 am

Arsestar, i receive well somes error report but it related to old plugin... try to clear datas of fpse application and restart to let it getting more recent plugins.

Solet
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: ouya
Operating System: android

Postby Solet » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:52 am

Some feature requests for FPse for OUYA:

Can the screen overlay stuff be removed (with the exception of select/start if next thing cant be done)

Can the menu button have "start" and "select" in its list when used in game?

This is manually fixable but: it'd be nice if the emu would force 4:3 by default

[edit] Can we get Game names under the cover thumbnails?

[edit] Vibration on ouya controller

[edit] sd/usb scan for games could be sped up by adding an input for roms directory so that it doesnt have to scan the whole disk

Question for ouya:

What are the optimal video settings? i'd like to get to use the openGL hi-def redrawing, but it lags out something horrible, i've yet to find a good combo to make it run smoothly in openGL

Arsestar
Primary Device: HTC Evo 3d

Postby Arsestar » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:45 pm

I just completly reinstalled fpse and it works much better in open gl mode now.
Thanks!

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:40 pm

@ Solet

Can the screen overlay stuff be removed (with the exception of select/start if next thing cant be done)

i think i found a good way to Emulate Start and Select by press Pressing on the left part and the right part of the touchpad .... what do you think?

This is manually fixable but: it'd be nice if the emu would force 4:3 by default

You mean in priority 4/3 ?

Can we get Game names under the cover thumbnails?

I don't understand bu Game names are well under thumbnails...

Vibration on ouya controller

I thought PADs didn't support vibration? are they?

sd/usb scan for games could be sped up by adding an input for roms directory so that it doesnt have to scan the whole disk

It's already done, qyestion is asked at first start.

What are the optimal video settings? i'd like to get to use the openGL hi-def redrawing, but it lags out something horrible, i've yet to find a good combo to make it run smoothly in openGL

It depend of the game, but with last version i tried Crash bandicoot 2 and it's works mostly 100% speed, if i set Frameskip to ON, Emulation is still very good, sometimes a bit stutted because it skip somes frames, but most of the time it's smooth.

Solet
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: ouya
Operating System: android

Postby Solet » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:38 am

@ schtruck
schtruck wrote:

i think i found a good way to Emulate Start and Select by press Pressing on the left part and the right part of the touchpad .... what do you think?

thats a good idea, tho the touch pad gets "bumped" some times on accident due to its positioning, possibly a hard slide left or hard slide right might be better? It would be up to personal tastes most likely. . . either solution is better than current

schtruck wrote:

You mean in priority 4/3 ?

yes, the psx was designed for 4:3 resolution, having to manually set it back each time is kind of annoying

schtruck wrote:
Can we get Game names under the cover thumbnails?

I don't understand bu Game names are well under thumbnails...

i only see the cover thumb nails in the easy screen. it would be nice to have the game title text under the thumbs

schtruck wrote:
Vibration on ouya controller

I thought PADs didn't support vibration? are they?

my mistake-- early on they were supposed to. i guess in development they decided to not have vibration

schtruck wrote:
sd/usb scan for games could be sped up by adding an input for roms directory so that it doesnt have to scan the whole disk

It's already done, qyestion is asked at first start.

it asks if you want to scan or not, but it doesnt ask for a default directory. if i plug in a drive containing only psx roms it scans fine. if i plug in a drive containing a ton of movies, and roms from all the various console systems it runs the scan, gets to 96-98% then crashes to dashboard. if it would ask for a default directory (ie /extsdcard/roms/psx) it would save it from having to scan through all the movies and other rom directories (which is what i think is causing the crash)

schtruck wrote:

It depend of the game, but with last version i tried Crash bandicoot 2 and it's works mostly 100% speed, if i set Frameskip to ON, Emulation is still very good, sometimes a bit stutted because it skip somes frames, but most of the time it's smooth.

will give it a try

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:14 am

@solet

About scanning i fixed it from 0.11.105 would you like to try it?

About the question it s full sdcard scan ? Yes or no. If you press no then fpse ask you to choose a directory to scan...

Return to “News”