Fpse for Android News

arogance1
Primary Device: HTC One X

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby arogance1 » Fri May 24, 2013 7:31 am

How can I edit the Game Title?
EDIT: Never mind, I browsed to .fpse\titles and edited the file for the game.
Might be a nice feature to be able to edit this via the easy mode menu though

One fault/bug I have spotted is, if you load a game, then quit back to the menu, pick a new game, you cannot load any save states.
I know its preferable to use in game saves, but that's not always practical (sneaking a quick game in while boss is in a meeting).

It only takes a few mins to quit out completely and reload, but it should still work.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Mon May 27, 2013 10:04 pm

ok here is somes news:

i have rewriten a big part of FPse...i'm crazy yes i know... i just want to obtain the better speed and stability.

So now it's possible to switch to Old software mode/ OpenGL 2 ES blitting Mode and OpenGL mode byt just quitting game and restarting it, no more quit FPse...

i will add the option from context menu of Menu cover to set Video mode directly to game...

FPse is much faster now, even OpenGL....especially experimental plugin.

i Fixed Framelimiter tunning screen for OpenGL and Fixed support for pbp multi disc in Covers menu

I'm very suprised by the Samsung Galaxy S4 with the SGX 544MP3... FPse is full speed and even much more with OpenGL plugin and in Full HD!!!

ANd the best is that emulation is perfect on it, no more bug in opengl like the Tekken3 menu.... etc....

I will post a Video of the Ultimate mobile game machine: a Galaxy S4 i9500 + Moga Controller Pro running FPse in OpenGL in FullHD!! it's a Nvidia Shield like machine but in Full HD, marvelous!

arogance1

Postby arogance1 » Tue May 28, 2013 8:24 am

That sounds amazing schtruck!

I don't know what we'd do without you (apart from use shitty other psx emulators that are less than 50% what FPSe is).

Does this mean we will be able to switch from normal to opengl via savestates? or will we still need to use in game saves to swap?

Will the advanced - easy menu option I suggested above be included?

arogance1

Postby arogance1 » Tue May 28, 2013 2:15 pm

When I play Chocobo's Dungeon 2 (SLUS-00814), downloading the cheats bring down cheats not relevant to this game.

But also, when I create my own cheats, using the ones found here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/196912-chocobos-dungeon-2/faqs/6542, they don't work properly.

I use the format:
#Max HP
12345678 0000

But when I try loading the file with, 10 cheats in it, it will only bring back 3.
Going to the create cheat option overwrites the entire cheat file every time I add 1 cheat, so I only have 1 to use.
Adding all at once reproduces the 1st fault.

What am I doing wrong?

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Tue May 28, 2013 9:45 pm

it's not

#Max HP
12345678 0000

but

#Max HP#
12345678 0000

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Tue May 28, 2013 9:46 pm

if anyone want to test the new beta let me know by email.

arogance1

Postby arogance1 » Wed May 29, 2013 8:00 am

schtruck wrote:it's not

#Max HP
12345678 0000

but

#Max HP#
12345678 0000

Thank you!

Civilization 2 looks terrible in OpenGL.
The opening is fine, then the actual game is unplayable

gamerguy80
Primary Device: Google Nexus 5
Operating System: Android KitKat 4.4.4
ROM: Stock

Postby gamerguy80 » Wed May 29, 2013 6:31 pm

Hi Schtruck,

I wanted to know if it would be possible if you can provide me with an older version of fpse. I would like the one that was right before you implemented opengl. I want to see if it will run on my ouya because as of right now, your current fpse does not want to play or run on ouya. I would greatly appreciate it. send the file to gamerguy80@gmail.com if its not too much to ask. I also wouldnt mind trying out the beta if it has for usb device recognition.

gamerguy80
Primary Device: Google Nexus 5
Operating System: Android KitKat 4.4.4
ROM: Stock

Postby gamerguy80 » Wed May 29, 2013 10:52 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:
gamerguy80 wrote:Hi Schtruck,

I wanted to know if it would be possible if you can provide me with an older version of fpse. I would like the one that was right before you implemented opengl. I want to see if it will run on my ouya because as of right now, your current fpse does not want to play or run on ouya. I would greatly appreciate it. send the file to gamerguy80@gmail.com if its not too much to ask. I also wouldnt mind trying out the beta if it has for usb device recognition.

Do you mean that "old software mode" doesn't work? This mode is supposed to be 99% the same as what was the only mode before openGL and openGl ES2 blitting

Yes i tried that as well and from videos i have seen online people who got it to work were all using the fpse before opengl was implemented when the logo was the old style before this change as well. So i wanted to see if perhaps it has something to do with the program overall as a whole and the coding of the program as a whole im sure is not the same as before. So i would like to try an old version of fpse. Is that too much to ask so i can make my own decision and testing? so if schtruck can provide me with an older apk that would be great. :D

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Thu May 30, 2013 6:31 am

@Gamerguy80, FPse does not start on Ouya, just because Ouya check for a library that FPse does not include, as well as an INIT call to this library with a private key to prove FPse is an official product for ouya... i can work with you with the curent version of FPse if you want.

Return to “News”