Fpse for Android News

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby bluezeak » Fri May 03, 2013 3:58 am

if the problem is the audio, have you messed with the latency setting? I recommend you turn it on. then in the misc section turn it down to 2000 or 3000. if fpse won't work or there are performance issues, increase it. ff7 audio is bad on my device until I do that.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Gabotronic
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: LG Nexus 4
Operating System: Android 4.2.2 Root

Postby Gabotronic » Fri May 03, 2013 4:45 am

Audio Latency was already on. I tried several values, ranging from 1000 to 5000, and didn't notice a change in the problem I had.

Tried going with Null Sound Plugin but I found the music to be even more slowed and irregular.

It's really as if for some reason, @ 60 fps the music in Xenogears was playing at like 80% speed. The visuals however are fluid and behave perfectly @ 60 fps.

Thanks for the help! :)

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri May 03, 2013 9:41 pm

Somes news,

we are working on many things in same times,

First, about the Experimental OpenGL plugin, we are implementing a new very important feature that will let you choose your Rendering Resolution... this make Emulation much faster especially on Device with High Reslution like the Galaxy S4, the HTC one or the Experia Z.

Firsts tests give excellent results and even more, like the tekken3 bug menu with no Characters Image is fixed.

Other advantage is that drawing PSX with res 1280x720 on FullHD res screen make image smoother... and still very detailed.

Another Enhancement has been done on GPU Soft plugin on which i fixed a Bug in Sprite routine which Fix many problem in many games, like the Background on Many Games ( in example the Sky in INtro of Ape Escape etc...)

I have detected a Big problem in .Bin and .Img handling support, for next version more ISOS will be recognized.

Other Problem seems to be fixed like Moga Pro controller (for this one i need beta tester )

Many other Fixes has already been done.

If you Have Request list, it's time ;-)

gamerguy80
Primary Device: Google Nexus 5
Operating System: Android KitKat 4.4.4
ROM: Stock

Postby gamerguy80 » Fri May 03, 2013 9:56 pm

hi there schtruck i have a question, do you think you will make a fpse version specifically for the OUYA gaming system coming up?

chutia
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: Stock

Postby chutia » Sat May 04, 2013 3:16 am

schtruck wrote:Somes news,

we are working on many things in same times,

First, about the Experimental OpenGL plugin, we are implementing a new very important feature that will let you choose your Rendering Resolution... this make Emulation much faster especially on Device with High Reslution like the Galaxy S4, the HTC one or the Experia Z.

Firsts tests give excellent results and even more, like the tekken3 bug menu with no Characters Image is fixed.

Other advantage is that drawing PSX with res 1280x720 on FullHD res screen make image smoother... and still very detailed.

Another Enhancement has been done on GPU Soft plugin on which i fixed a Bug in Sprite routine which Fix many problem in many games, like the Background on Many Games ( in example the Sky in INtro of Ape Escape etc...)

I have detected a Big problem in .Bin and .Img handling support, for next version more ISOS will be recognized.

Other Problem seems to be fixed like Moga Pro controller (for this one i need beta tester )

Many other Fixes has already been done.

If you Have Request list, it's time ;-)

Keep up the great work cant wait for the next release.

Any chance you will be planning on implementing an image filtering/shader system for OpenGL/Soft rendering, similar to that used in retroArch and many pc emulators?

(Im not even sure if its possible but thought I should ask)

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sat May 04, 2013 9:56 am

in fact actually Experimental plugin is working in OpenGL-ES 1.1, but hopefully it support both mode 1.1 and 2.0, so expect shortly a plugin with switch option and shaders..

foleyjo
Enthusiast
Primary Device: JXD S601

Postby foleyjo » Sat May 04, 2013 11:22 am

I have a small request. The ability to select the amount of frameskip being used.

Zehel
Primary Device: xperia play
Operating System: Android

Postby Zehel » Sat May 04, 2013 11:30 am

can we have a rescan function for covers? I am resseting settings to detect new games and i have to remap them from scratch...Oh and i dunno if the gpu fix has already fix it but in tony hawk pro skater 4 there are some graphical gliches in soft mode and on opengl as well...

thanks in advance

psxxx
Primary Device: HTC One X+
ROM: CM10.1

Postby psxxx » Sat May 04, 2013 4:56 pm

schtruck wrote:Other Problem seems to be fixed like Moga Pro controller (for this one i need beta tester )

L2 R2 now works in B mode of Moga Pro?

Gabotronic
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: LG Nexus 4
Operating System: Android 4.2.2 Root

Postby Gabotronic » Sun May 05, 2013 3:41 pm

foleyjo wrote:I have a small request. The ability to select the amount of frameskip being used.

Same for me, but for the Framelimiter level, being able to enter a value.

Return to “News”