Chrono Cross

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
volchik696
Primary Device: Galaxy Note 2
Operating System: Android
ROM: stock

Re: Chrono Cross

Postby volchik696 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:56 pm

Thanks for reply. I think I figured it out though. Seems like its my SD. I copied the Chrono Cross rom both on my SD card and on my phone memory. The one on my SD card gave me all those problems I spoke about. The one on the phone works fine. Plus my SD is giving me problems in other areas too so I do think its the SD. There are still some glitches in the game like now I can't save at all in game. The game freezes at the save game menu and its all blank. I don't see anything. Before at least I had the triangle cursor and the box outlines and it didn't freeze. But now it freezes at the save menu in game. Status bug is still there too. And I think turning on autosave and fast boot freezes the game too. Before it didn't do that. But other than that I can play it. I knew buying a generic 64 GB SD on ebay was a mistake. No I gotta go through the hassle of returning it and getting a refund. Anybody know a good place to get them from? Somewhere with a good price. I'm only interested in 64. No point in getting less. Thanks.

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4

Postby bluezeak » Thu May 02, 2013 4:44 am

sadly I can't help there. FPse forums probably can't help much ... go to xda forums or other places.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

volchik696

Postby volchik696 » Fri May 03, 2013 2:13 am

Hello again. Fpse is so glitchy its crazy. Now I got to the part where Lynx (serge) escaped from burned out hermits hideaway to the pirate ship. He goes away to think about kid. Kids cut in scene starts and the game freezes right after. Controls are not responding. It does not continue. Ive tried recopying the chrono cross rom, resetting all my settings, loading game from an actual memory card save. Nothing works I am stuck on it and cannot continue. Please help!!!
Attachments
Screenshot_2013-05-02-22-04-25.png
Screenshot_2013-05-02-22-04-25.png (762 KiB) Viewed 27907 times

volchik696

Postby volchik696 » Fri May 03, 2013 2:15 am

The sad music in the background continuous playing indefinitely.

bio_user
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Asus Transformer TF300T
ROM: Energy Rom 4.2.2

Postby bio_user » Thu May 09, 2013 4:47 am

Just change to disk 2... After 2 dialogs it will freeze again. Then switch back to disk 1.

volchik696

Postby volchik696 » Thu May 09, 2013 12:26 pm

I figured it out. I had to load the disc again. And it would continue. It happened a few times now. The fix is to just go to settings, load, and load the same disc and it will unfreeze. Fpse is awesome but it still needs a good amount work. Thanks for the responses I'm already at the end.

Hobbiticus
Primary Device: Galaxy S 2

Postby Hobbiticus » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:19 pm

Well I'm totally stuck. I can't start a new game because the name screen hangs up. I choose my vibration setting (doesn't matter which I choose), the screen goes black, then nothing. Unlike other users' reports, this happens every time.

I tried:
-using the gamelist.ini settings posted near the beginning of this thread (Status_HLE=0, Flags0=20, Patch=, etc), and verified that the settings took by looking at the fpselog.txt file afterwards
-OpenGL and software rendering
-Odd/even fix, qualcomm fix, hang fix, frame limiters, disable coord check, enable/disable spu sync, dynamic interpreter on/off, no luck

I have an SG2 running Android 4.1.2 on T-Mobile. Is there anything else I can try?

Hobbiticus
Primary Device: Galaxy S 2

Postby Hobbiticus » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:09 pm

Just wanted to say that I figured out the issue. It seems as though my image was corrupt. At first I tried the same image on my PC using ePSXe, and it didn't have an issue. I then tried 2 other emulators for my phone and the same issues happened. Finally I tried making a new image and everything seems to be working now.

chokladio
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Oneplus One (OPO)
ROM: rooted stock Cyanogen

Postby chokladio » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:23 am

Been a while since anyone posted here..

I'm gonna start by saying that i don't know how you did it, but CC now works great in OpenGL mode. It looks great, there are no bugs, etc. Unfortunately, however, it's a giant performance hog which makes battles lag quite a lot. I run an Oneplus One which can handle it quite well but it's still far from being enjoyable (also I always prefer 0% lag over better graphics).

So, I switched to Software rendering mode (High defenition) which gives a massive performance boost (avg ~200fps in world mode and 60-100 in battles), BUT, makes menus illegible. It kinda looks like it squeezes the whole text into the top half of the screen when rendering, then, it tries to stretch it out across the whole screen which fails miserably. A hint towards this is the fact that the two logos, the first thing you see when you start the game, only display on the top half of the screen.

Also, if you have issues with the map not matching with where you actually can walk, turn off the "widescreen" setting.

cheers

dmfa
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4"
Operating System: Android 4.4.2
ROM: Stock

Postby dmfa » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:12 am

The experimental OpenGL seems to work great, just a bit of lag when opening new screens. Also several background objects have a black outline around them I can't seem to get rid of. Any hints as to how to do that?

FPSE 0.11.162, Android 4.4.2, Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Attachments
Screenshot_2015-02-16-01-45-18.png
Screenshot_2015-02-16-01-45-18.png (3.49 MiB) Viewed 26326 times

Return to “Game-Specific Help”