Savestate problem

Korion
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Padfone

Savestate problem

Postby Korion » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:31 am

Hi guys,
I did not play FPSE for a while, during which about 2-3 updates went by and now I cannot load any save states... I saved my save December 31st and nothing works! Tried reinstalling and downloasing new bios... Please help! Thanks!

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Savestate problem

Postby bluezeak » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:36 am

The first thing to say is - Do not rely on save states! Use in game saves! You can use save states but always use in games saves save states require the exact same configuration - save audio settings, same video plugin, same video plugin settings, and sometimes same system settings too. Even then sometimes they don't work after a big update. Try reconfiguring fpse to the exact same way you had it before as best as you can remember.

Are you savvy with browsing the android file system? Use a file browser to go check. Make sure hidden files are enables. Go to /sdcard/. Fpse and look for the save states. Copy them to a new folder. Point fpse to use hat new folder. Try again.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Savestate problem

Postby bluezeak » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:43 am

Schtruck, I've seen several complaints about save state not working after updates. How important is it to have fpse using the exact same settings?

Would it be worthwhile to change the format of savestate files? Encode the fpse configuration into the save state and have fpse check to ensure the configuration is the same he fire loading, and if it's different warn people that the configuration is different? The save stats do that a little now, like for Spu settings, but maybe it should do a more thorough check? The savestate would need to be able to support the current savestate format and the new format both.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Return to “General Discussion”