Fpse for Android News

foleyjo
Enthusiast
Primary Device: JXD S601

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby foleyjo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:07 am

I'm still getting some lag with sound. Only tried with SPUSync on so maybe it has improved on other games.

I'm getting slower fps now. I was playing Lost Vikings 2 with opengl without frameskip and getting around 50-60fps. Now it's dropped to between 30-40 fps.

Daemonax
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note II
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock 4.1.1

Postby Daemonax » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:55 am

Ah I had not thought to try disabling spusync... That does seem to fix the sync issue in FMV sequences... Though I'm guessing this isn't an ideal fix.

-------------------------------------------

Actually ignore that. FMV sequence is Resident Evil 2 still has noticeable sync problems.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:47 pm

Hmmm i just tested resident evil 2 and it well synchronized on my side.

Can you give me detail of your game? I use the uk version.

Jaybezia
Primary Device: Nexus 7

Postby Jaybezia » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:27 pm

schtruck wrote:Hmmm i just tested resident evil 2 and it well synchronized on my side.

Can you give me detail of your game? I use the uk version.

Did you see my message to you?

SaberClash
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Nexus 10
ROM: stock

Postby SaberClash » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:28 pm

schtruck wrote:Just pushed FPse 0.11.85 to the market:
FYI, Google has released Android 4.2.2 for nexus devices, if you own a Nexus 10, you have to update to this version if you want to play correctly with FPse and opengl, google seems to have updated and fixed the opengl driver.

Hi schtruck. I bought FPse specifically to use my Nexus 10 to play Final Fantasy 7. I was excited when I first loaded it up, and it began working, but the effects looked rather terrible. I noticed that opengl was not enabled by default, so I went ahead and tried to turn it on and have never been able to get it to work on my Nexus 10. Prior to 4.2.2, the game would load but looked jumbled on the screen and ran at a very poor framerate. Now, post 4.2.2 the game loads and then usually crashes shortly after showing a mutilated SquareSoft logo with lines running through it.

I am wondering if there are certain settings that I must enable or disable to get this game to work in opengl. As I previously stated, the game does work with opengl disabled, but it does not look very pretty to say the least. I am hoping you can provide a fix for all of us Nexus 10 users that really want to enjoy using this application.

Thanks again for any help you can provide. :)

foleyjo
Enthusiast

Postby foleyjo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:33 pm

thefitz - You have got the framelimiter active too haven't you?

I know with some games I have to use the special frame limiter or I get stupid FPS fluctuations

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:53 pm

Good news for many people who requested since longtime!!! Yu-Gi-Oh is finally fixed!

I think this will unlock somes others problems. it was a small timing problem in one CDROM command...

will release FPse surely tomorow with new fix for Framelimiters, in Soft mode and in OpenGL mode.

in fact someone wrote me about that FPse was taking always 100% on his device, after studying a bit i discovered that Wait was badly done, now it's fixed, expect a release in less than 12hours, near Noon GMT.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:59 pm

Just pushed FPse 0.11.87 to the Market:
- Fixed CDROM timing, Yu-gi-Oh is now perfectly working, and surely fix other problems.
- Added new video option for OpenGL plugin to Fix garbage GFX problem on Qualcomm processors.
- Fixed Framelimiter and Frameskipping for OpenGL and Soft mode (New OpenGL plugin).
- Fixed Fixed CPU Drain Battery bug, FPse should work even better.

About OpenGL and qualcomm processors, i noticed that it as very difficult to manage GPU references due to the fact that many manufacturer create each time their own new GPU references.. Now if you know you have a qualcomm processor and you have somes Big problem over the screen and around the Psx screen, try to set this option ( no need to Restart)

foleyjo
Enthusiast

Postby foleyjo » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:44 pm

Wing commander 3 no longer works in opengl. Haven't tried in softmode

Daemonax
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note II
ROM: Stock 4.1.1

Postby Daemonax » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:44 am

I've just tried another version of RE2 and the FMV sync issue is fixed, at least with spusync turned off. Haven't tried with it on, but I don't think it matters.

Return to “News”