stadicon
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Nexus 7
Operating System: Android 4.2.2
ROM: Stock

Winning Eleven 2002 - Messed up graphics

Postby stadicon » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:55 pm

Hi,

I just bought FPSE and tried it on my Nexus 7 (4.2.2 stock) with Winning Eleven 2002. Everything works great until the first exhibition is about to start, but during the first real match loading most of the textures (mainly letters and player textures) are messed up. I've provided an attached image with an example of the glitch, which is not only annoying but makes impossible to really play the game.

Interesting facts:
- As soon as this happens (during first match load) all font textures are messed up through the game, even on the main menu (although they weren't messed up before the first load).
- This seems to be related on the BIOS. If i try to play without a BIOS, I get a crash at the exact same stage of the game and trying different BIOS could produce a different wreckage of graphics.
- The "expression" of this bug is also related to the Video plugin. On the attached image you see the glitches during OpenGL, but using software render i get gray or transparent frames, instead of the tiled-wrecked textures in the attachment.

My setup is: Nexus 7 (3G version), 4.2.2 Stock (rooted and MultiRomed -so kernel has kexec patch-), the game is on bin/cue format.

I hope you take a look at this bug, as this game is one of the major factors about buying this app. I am willing to provide any catlogs or anything needed to fix this issue, just let me know what you need.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Screenshot_2013-02-22-15-37-35[1].png
Screenshot_2013-02-22-15-37-35[1].png (275.9 KiB) Viewed 5987 times

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Winning Eleven 2002 - Messed up graphics

Postby schtruck » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:04 pm

is it opengl?

stadicon
Fresh Fish

Postby stadicon » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:00 am

i900frenchaddict wrote:@stadicon have you tried to select/unselect every possible video option in openGL? (your post is very precise, so I guess yes, you tried...? )

I've tried lots of them, didn't have real difference. At one point, i "managed" to have "transparent" clothes (all i could see was arms and legs moving around :lol: ), but i wouldn't consider that an improvement.

I am pretty sure it's all related to the BIOS, most of all. Changing video plugin or settings might only change the result of the problem, but the problem is mostly dependent on the BIOS. For instnace, using a later BIOS (i think something like 7500, iirc) totally messed up graphics everywhere (not only the players).

I'd really like to know if there is any chance for a fix on this. Do you think there is any hope?

stadicon
Fresh Fish

Postby stadicon » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:21 pm

Ok, i have to apologize for the inconvenience, since this was a patched version of the game and it turns out that the original game works (almost) perfect. It's strange, though, that the same patched version works with other emulators (both on PC and Android), but this isn't any of the developer's fault.

Once again, i am sorry for the inconvenience.

Return to “General Discussion”