------> How to use cheats? <------

CrusaderZX
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2
Operating System: Android
ROM: ?

------> How to use cheats? <------

Postby CrusaderZX » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:20 pm

Nobody seems to know the answer, not even google!
So please lets do this right so everyone can learn how to use cheats with this great android psx emulator.

First: How should I write the cheat code? Ex. 80155824 0003 or 80155824,0003 or 801558240003 ?
Second: Which cheat code formats are supported? Ex. Starting with 8 or 3?
Third: What does "Frequency" do?

Can anyone make a step by step on how to enter the cheat code and make it work?

Thanks, this will help not just me but a lot of other people!

pucciola
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Android

Re: ------> How to use cheats? <------

Postby pucciola » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:41 am

I second this. I can't figure out how cheats work and google has come up with nothing. Any help would be appreciated!

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:19 am

in each box enter code like 80001234,3131 and then once finished press Apply, but be sure to be in Bios mode.

FPse support code starting by 8,3 and D

pucciola
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Android

Postby pucciola » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:33 pm

I appreciate the response but you will have to be a bit more specific. There isn't much in the documentation so that's why I'm asking here.

1) First off what kind of cheats does Fpse takes? Gameshark?
2) Do I need to type the cheats in before I load the iso? or after I load the iso?
3) So say I do load the iso and type in the cheats in the correct format, I hit apply. There is an option at the bottom that says "Switch on cheats". I'm assuming I have to select that option?
4) And what does the frequency option do? Is that important?
5) Can this cheat option only support one line cheats starting with 8 or 3?

hordriss
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
ROM: Stock rom

Postby hordriss » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:49 am

I've asked all this before and got no response at all, including when I emailed the dev directly requesting help.

A step-by-step guide would be nice, as for a start I don't know what cheat codes can be used. All the ones I've tried so far have frozen up the emulator whenever I've tried to input them.

CrusaderZX
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2
Operating System: Android
ROM: ?

Postby CrusaderZX » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:12 pm

I found a way to use cheats but only the ones with permanent effects like infinite/max money. Infinite HP won't work. Here is what I do:

1- Get a ePSXe (Playstation 1 emulator).

2- Get a PEC (Psx Emulation Cheater)

3- Get a MemcardRex 1.5 (Memory Card Converter)

*Just type on google those names to find where you can download them*

Run your game with ePSXe and turn PEC on.
Activate the cheats you want (like I said above only the ones with permanent effects like infinite/max money) and save your game (the normal way, not a save state!).
Now open your MemcardRex 1.5. Above click on "file", then on "Open" and select "epsxe000.mcr" from the "memcards" folder on your ePSXe.
You will find your saved game there. Select "save as" from the File menu and save it as a Bleem! Memory Card (*.mcd).
Finally, send this saved memory card to your phone and rename it as you want. Open your FPse , go to "settings" - "system" - and select as "Memory Card 1" the memory card you created.

I hope this can help a little. Good luck!

shirahime
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: samsung galaxy s2
Operating System: windows 7
ROM: final fantasy 8

Postby shirahime » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:04 pm

CrusaderZX wrote:I found a way to use cheats but only the ones with permanent effects like infinite/max money. Infinite HP won't work. Here is what I do:

1- Get a ePSXe (Playstation 1 emulator).

2- Get a PEC (Psx Emulation Cheater)

3- Get a MemcardRex 1.5 (Memory Card Converter)

*Just type on google those names to find where you can download them*

Run your game with ePSXe and turn PEC on.
Activate the cheats you want (like I said above only the ones with permanent effects like infinite/max money) and save your game (the normal way, not a save state!).
Now open your MemcardRex 1.5. Above click on "file", then on "Open" and select "epsxe000.mcr" from the "memcards" folder on your ePSXe.
You will find your saved game there. Select "save as" from the File menu and save it as a Bleem! Memory Card (*.mcd).
Finally, send this saved memory card to your phone and rename it as you want. Open your FPse , go to "settings" - "system" - and select as "Memory Card 1" the memory card you created.

I hope this can help a little. Good luck!

I tried this method, but i got a problem after re-inputting my mcd file to my galaxy s2, when i try to load the saved files from epsxe, the game just say no valid save ! furthermore, when i try to resave on my memcard, at first sight it works but when comes the time to reload the save game, BAM no save data !

I know that dev team must have a really hard time to keep the app up to date, but at least you could give a little support in here !!!!! thank you in advance !!

ps : Either on epsxe and on my phone i use exactly the same bios file and iso game file ( final fantasy 8 )

metalwarrior666
Primary Device: Nexus 7
Operating System: android (jelly bean)

Postby metalwarrior666 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:08 am

OK, first of all let me state that this is my first time using an emulator so I'm not very savvy with the lingo or how to work a lot of the details.

I'm playing FF7 and wanted to use the AP cheat. I don't remember if I did it manually or if the game did it automatically, but it load some 200 cheat codes. I was given the impression that I would just have to enter the gameshark code on the create/edit cheat menu. When I try to do so, I get the message "file too large open outside fpse" what am I supposed to do?

Do I have to download a gameshark rom?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:34 pm

you have to edit it manually, from external text editor.

Cheats are in /sdcard/.fpse/cheats

metalwarrior666
Primary Device: Nexus 7
Operating System: android (jelly bean)

Postby metalwarrior666 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:21 pm

I got it to work, thank you for your help!

Return to “General Discussion”