External Drive Support

videogamer666
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Nexus 10
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

External Drive Support

Postby videogamer666 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:44 pm

I am using FPse on my Nexus 10. I have found it difficult to search for this issue but I would like to have a giant library of games stored on my tablet but since there is a lack of SD card support I find that 16GB is a little difficult to work with when some of the games take up roughly 2GB or so.

Anyway, my question is I have an OTG cable and a flashdrive that all works fine with the N10 but I cant seem to figure out how to store the psone games on the flash drive and load them up using FPse. I have nexus media loader, stock rom, not rooted or anything. I just want to be able to store them on an external device and not locally since they take up too much room.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: External Drive Support

Postby schtruck » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:55 pm

Nexus 10 is surely usb host. this should work.

videogamer666
Fresh Fish

Postby videogamer666 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:00 pm

schtruck wrote:Nexus 10 is surely usb host. this should work.

I have the .bin files stored on a flash drive but the nexus media manager doesnt load up like a traditional file browser. When I try to load the game its almost like it doesn't see that fpse can handle .bin extensions that kind of stuff. A normal file browser doesn't see the external drive either I think it's the way the n10 usb OTG capabilities were designed or something if that makes any sense.

videogamer666
Fresh Fish

Postby videogamer666 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:03 pm

Also, FPse doesn't see the external drive either. Otherwise that would probably work :)

Return to “General Discussion”