Fpse for Android News

c8lin2may
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC evo 3D
Operating System: Android

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby c8lin2may » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:55 am

It did a system update today and now my game is acting all kinds of weird... it froze for the very first time and when I rebooted it some of my saved data was lost. I've NEVER had problems before until now. I hope this will get fixed soon. :?

gab8
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
ROM: Stock ICS 4.04

Postby gab8 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:43 pm

I'm having a dilemma with Breath of Fire 3. If I run the game on hardware mode the game looks great, goes up to 120 fps without framelimitter nor frameskip (which looks excelent) but as many of you know, if you try to use healing items / spells, there come a time when the screen goes black. I have read this thread and it says to run this on openGL with the busy fix, but the thing is that whatever I do I cannot boost the fps with openGL past 60fps (except when using frameskip, but then the game loops all choppy, not like when running it on hardware mode which looks excelent).

So I was wondering if there is a way to fix the BSOD of BOF3 in HW mode or if there is a way to make openGL reach 120 fps while not looking choppy

Thanks!

gab8
Fresh Fish

Postby gab8 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:30 am

i900frenchaddict wrote:120fps??? :shock:
It's twice the speed the game is supposed to run, I mean a PAL (european) games used to run at 50fps and NTSC games (US, Japan...) used to run at 60 fps...There were no LCD screens at that time but regular "cathodic tube" TVs, they couldn't have displayed more fps.
So why do you want to play games in 2x speed?? Even music must sound weird

As a matter of fact I'm used to play RPG's at 120 fps, specially turn based RPGs. I mainly set that speed to avoid the annoying loading speeds and such. And the music is kinda funny :).

Anyways, is the HW mode issue being addressed?

Thanks!

EDIT: Just fought Amalgam on OpenGL and the battle was unbearable (too much lag for some reason), which leaves only the HW option for me.

Kasser
Primary Device: Galaxy S2
Operating System: Android 4.03

Postby Kasser » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:10 am

Anyway......

Just wanted to say well done on the updates - looks amazing now. Hands down best emulator of anything! Great that there is a developer who cares about his product (looking at you lazy nds4droid dude!).

A couple of gsmes still don't work (Vagrant story being one for me) but hoping future updates will fix that.

gamerguy80
Primary Device: Google Nexus 5
Operating System: Android KitKat 4.4.4
ROM: Stock

Postby gamerguy80 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:27 am

gab8 wrote:
It's twice the speed the game is supposed to run, I mean a PAL (european) games used to run at 50fps and NTSC games (US, Japan...) used to run at 60 fps...There were no LCD screens at that time but regular "cathodic tube" TVs, they couldn't have displayed more fps.

As a matter of fact I'm used to play RPG's at 120 fps, specially turn based RPGs. I mainly set that speed to avoid the annoying loading speeds and such. And the music is kinda funny :).

Thanks!

EDIT: Just fought Amalgam on OpenGL and the battle was unbearable (too much lag for some reason), which leaves only the HW option for me.

i have no clue as to what you are saying but for me this game runs smooth in opengl mode i dont have any lags of any sort of stutters and no healing bug. what are you running this on? i have a samsung galaxy s3 and it runs fine and before this phone i had a tmobile g2 and the game also ran fine in opengl mode on that as well.

gab8
Fresh Fish

Postby gab8 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:51 am

gamerguy80 wrote:
gab8 wrote:

Thanks!

i have no clue as to what you are saying but for me this game runs smooth in opengl mode i dont have any lags of any sort of stutters and no healing bug. what are you running this on? i have a samsung galaxy s3 and it runs fine and before this phone i had a tmobile g2 and the game also ran fine in opengl mode on that as well.

I play this on a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. Anyways, I'm playing this on Hardware mode and quicksaving constantly, but I hope this get fixed soon.

gas_snake
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HD2
ROM: ParanoidAndroid

Postby gas_snake » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:59 am

Any chances for something like end of the year sale and -50% (or maybe more?) price for few days?

gas_snake
Fresh Fish

Postby gas_snake » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:26 pm

thefitz wrote:$4 is too much, but $2 is just fine? :roll:

Exactly! I'm so used to Steam sales that I won't pay more than 3.74$ for a game.

gas_snake
Fresh Fish

Postby gas_snake » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:27 pm

I know it's not only a game, but please notice that I'm not asking for permanent price reduction. I would like just few days with half of the price, so people who were not sure if they wanted to buy FPSe, and I'm certain it's not only me, could get it now. This kind of promotion really boost sales in almost every case, people not willing to buy your product will buy it when it's on sale.
And I'm not interested in epsxe (it doesn't work as good on my phone and as you said, it's more expensive), and if FPSe was half the price, there would be one more reason to choose Schtruck's app over the other one.

ponzetti
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy s3
Operating System: android 4.1.1
ROM: stock

Postby ponzetti » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:59 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:
gas_snake wrote:
thefitz wrote:$4 is too much, but $2 is just fine? :roll:

Exactly! I'm so used to Steam sales that I won't pay more than 3.74$ for a game.

But that's not just "a game" ;)
As a matter of fact, Fpse is the result of 10 years of coding from Schtruck (and LDchen) and Schtruck does it in his spare time, he has a !

mmmm fpse is coded at least fron 1999. I'm sure I follow his progress from the times when I went to the University.
:-)

Return to “News”