FPSe horibly pixelated on transformer prime

welshyc
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: nexus 7
Operating System: android

FPSe horibly pixelated on transformer prime

Postby welshyc » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:19 am

hey guys, I am hoping someone can help with this issue. I recently bought a transformer prime almost exclusively for playing my roms, but for some reason FPSe is pixelated beyond playability in software mode.

I don't wish to use opengl, I just want to play my games as they should look, but right now its as if its being rendered at a quarter of the original res.

I use fpse on my GS3 and nexus 7, and it doesn't look this bad. i cannot figure out why its so awful on this device. ive played with every setting over the last few days and nothing helps.

opengl can't run the game at full speed which equals sound skipping. for me the audio is more important than the video. but s it is, i just cant play it.

I will upload a screencap as soon as i figure out how.
Attachments
Screenshot_2012-11-29-21-46-10.jpg
Screenshot_2012-11-29-21-46-10.jpg (681.45 KiB) Viewed 8620 times

welshyc
Fresh Fish

Re: FPSe horibly pixelated on transformer prime

Postby welshyc » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:18 am

thanks for the response. I have tried opengl blitting mode. I dont know if it's just not changing properly, but it seems identical to soft mode.

I am 99 percent certain that the game should not be this pixelated. I have tried other games and they mostly are much better, it seems the FF 8 is much worse than the others in software mode.
It seems odd, but I may have to stick to playing FF8 on another device.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:26 pm

just try OpenGL... that works well on transformer prime.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:51 pm

on Nexus 7 i'm sure it run full speed in OpenGL, it's a tegra 3 , but really fast tegra 3.

welshyc
Fresh Fish

Postby welshyc » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:16 pm

Hi schtruck, thanks for the response (and for all your hard work).

I tried openGL again, but still finding it far too slow. I have tried messing with the settings. without frameskip i get 40fps. with frameskip its too jumpy, the sounds often skips and battles in FF8 become incredibly slow.

OpenGl blitting also seems to do nothing. I think maybe it isn't switching properly because it seems exactly like software mode. no change in visuals or the menus.

weirdNumber
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Asus Transformer Pad Infinity
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Postby weirdNumber » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:08 pm

Im having similar(ish) problems on the Transformer Infinity. When using OpenGL 2D textures have weird errors that vary depending on the combination of settings I use and I have yet to find a combination that works. When I quickload as well I have loads of black textures. I had issues with it being incredibly pixelated as well but I can't seem to reproduce that and I don't have a screenshot.
You can see that the textures are strangely blurry and have a weird black outline. Also the screen seems to be divided into texture "blocks" and the seems between them are visible although its not so clear in the screenshots but can be seen along the top of the bottom shots and the top right corner.

Software mode works great but I would like the improved visuals of OpenGL so any clues as to how to fix would be great. I will try some other games later as I only have FF VII on this device.

Return to “General Discussion”