Fpse for Android News

Ledah
Primary Device: Galaxy SII
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Ledah » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:24 pm

Tumalu wrote:Where is the fun in these newer versions since the music and sound in final fantasy 9 is still fuked up greatly!? It wasn't in the older releases of fpse. They work fine for me. So what is still wrong with final fantasy 9 on my S2 while it did work great on older versions and not in the latest?

Epsxe for example does give proper music and sound but lacks other good stuff that fpse has... Hope you can fix this schtruck. Keep up the good work.

Earlier schtruck said that the problem in music on galaxy SII devices are hidden in the ICS rom itself. But there is strange thing that sound was super perfect in 0.11.45 and it becomes worse and worse with every new rev. So why bother changing something in sound emulation when it was so good in earlier revisions?
schtruck,man i really appreciate your hard work and your emu is very good,its just the sound part of it so bad that makes many of us sad.

Kasser
Primary Device: Galaxy S2
Operating System: Android 4.03

Postby Kasser » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:52 am

For me the sound has got slightly better in the last couple of updates, but still poor compared to the older versions of fpse like you say. The updates, for me at least, are not doing all that much really. Tekken 3 looks a little better, but i think that's because i am using different settings than before, and nothing to do with the updates. Crashes, games not working all the same since months as well.

Since we all have versions of the software that were best for us, it would be a good idea to allow people to download the older versions. I've mentioned this a few times but no way to do this yet.

@zschigi2: Silent Hill is working fine for me by the way.

EDIT: Just tried ePSXe and Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear (which fails to work on FPSE) works very well. Going to see if the Tekken 3 crash is there too on this emulator. Thinking of having both emulators and if one fails can try the other!

arogance1
Primary Device: HTC One X

Postby arogance1 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:21 pm

Cheats are not working properly in .60
I can enable them and they work fine.
But when I exit the app, and reload the app, they are not enabled any more.
The cheat frequency settings stay though.

I've tried via main app as well as shortcut.

Each time I go into the cheats menu, I get a message saying cheats stored to /sdcard/mnt/.fpse/cheats/SLUS-1251.txt

Savaal
Primary Device: Galaxy S II Skyrocket
Operating System: Android
ROM: 4.03 Cooked ICS

Postby Savaal » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:53 pm

Sound works absolutely perfectly for me. I don't know what is causing everybody else's problems, but mine is awesome.

the5th2000
Primary Device: Galaxy Nexus GSM
Operating System: 4.1.1r6
ROM: PA

Postby the5th2000 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:28 pm

The last few updates have been messing with my FF8 on OpenGL (posted about it a while back). 11.52 was rock solid and all elements worked fine. Then on 11.54 the characters lost a few polygons, then on 11.55 they disappeared (!), 11.56 in game was fine, but no FMV, now on 11.60 I've got that thing where distorted backgrounds are drawn outside the screen in landscape mode and occasionally they encroach on the game screen and it all goes crazy. Only settings active are offscreen drawing and 32bit rendering, because I saw in the game specific thread that these are the ones needed for FF8. Phone is a GNex. Can anyone help me out?

the5th2000
Primary Device: Galaxy Nexus GSM
Operating System: 4.1.1r6
ROM: PA

Postby the5th2000 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:28 pm

Kasser wrote:Since we all have versions of the software that were best for us, it would be a good idea to allow people to download the older versions. I've mentioned this a few times but no way to do this yet.

+100 for this guy. I would very much like to be able to go back to 11.52. Shouldn't have let my TiBU overwrite that backup.....

gamerguy80
Primary Device: Google Nexus 5
Operating System: Android KitKat 4.4.4
ROM: Stock

Postby gamerguy80 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:35 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:Is that me, or Samsung users, whatever the GPU (Mali or PowerVR) seem to have more gfx glitches than HTC, Sony, and other devices owners?

Or is it just that Samsung users are really muuuuuuuuch more than HTX/Sony/others users?

It's sure that on my both HTCs, I often can't reproduce problems related here concerning gfx glitches, and I could say that Tekken 3, for example, is the exact same speed since openGL was released, and gfx are the same too. But on another hand, Tekken 3 runs slower than on a Samsung S3 for example. Also Guncon is brocken on the oneX...

Weird, but maybe it's just that Samsung users represent a real big part of Fpse users, ans so proportionally they repport more bugs?

what it is, is that the samsung galaxy s3 comes with different graphic chips. i dont have the same gfx glitches as the other samsung galaxy s3 users are having. I have a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 and it has a Chipset of a Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon, CPU is a Dual-core 1.5 GHz, and the GPU is an Adreno 225, i dont have the issues of the mali gpu at all since im adreno.

I would like to add that for me FPSE has been getting better and better with each new revision for me. great sound great speed great graphics.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:47 pm

somes news,

i found a critical bug into the cdrom plugin that made many ISOS unrecognized... fixed for next release, now i understand why people reported that somes isos didn't load.

Another good news, i worked more on sound engine and Now i'm very proud with the result, many effects, very clear sound, very good tempo.

Another problem reported by a user, pbp change disk crash, so i need to fix that and will release this version.

skwarosz
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy GIO
Operating System: Cyjanogen MOD 7.2

Postby skwarosz » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:42 am

Don't know if it was reported or not but i have problem with loading my saved game. I load my iso and then nothing happens when i try to quick load, nothing hapens. On eariel version of pfse i could load everything now i can't and there is something what rly interested me. There is option boot bios. When i boot it and try to quick load there are 2 save stats. One is from FF VIII on ragnarok (duno if it is my saved game or not) and when i try to change location or go to game menu the screen going to be black and nothing happens but the 2nd save stat is from FF VII and i can load it (LOL?) game normaly works i can go to menu but when is fight every thing stop. I don't know how i can load FF VII game if i don't have any iso on my phone.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:46 am

Just released FPse 0.11.61 to the market:
- Fixed Critical CD plugin emulation (more cd will be recognized now)
- Fixed Sound engine, still highly enhanced using SPUSYNC from audio menu (more effects emulated)
- Added in-between buttons support via the new onscreen multi buttons support.
Assign Multi buttons normaly , press back when HW button is asked and select all the buttons you want to assign for the multi button then back to commit. you can move those buttons Using the Repositionning option. and don't forget to activate them from set/unset buttons. very usefull for action or combat games.

Return to “News”