Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby schtruck » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:50 pm

just pushed FPse 0.11.58 to market:

- Fixed sticky audio pitch option
- Removed enhanced 3D option by default, because it cause serious graphic bug in too much game.this option is necessary for few games only.
- Added check for savestates if fail.

If you could make feedback now regarding audio rendering and SPUSYNC on, then Reverb option and Pitch option.

Previous version had a mode set that could generate bad sound and even slowed down more emulation. now it's fixed.

icelaglace
Primary Device: ACEi (GT-S5830i)
Operating System: 2.3.6
ROM: XXLH3

Postby icelaglace » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:18 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:Well, it seems you have a 832 MHz CPU with Adreno 200 GPU, so sure OpenGL won't work well on your device. It has about the same hardware as an HTC HD2 that was a star 3 years ago (not to mention that the HD2 could be overclocked up to 1.7ghz and remain stable)

As I said, openGL IMO shouldn't be used with single core CPU and/or more than 2years old GPU. It's not a bug, it's like trying to play a tegra3 game or the latest Gameloft game (with full effects enabled, not a limited version for low end devices) on a phone that can't handle it.

Today middle-end devices are dual core, they can use openGL, very high end devices are quad-core.

At first, 1ghz CPU was recommanded to use Fpse, it was before openGL was done. Now it's possible to run Fpse with 800mhz but that's the extreme minimum, and it should be used in "old software" or "blittering" mode.
A PC could hardly emulate the PS1 with 800mhz and 512Mo Ram only

So tell me what games have bug for you, I'll try them on my HTC Sensation and on my HTC One-X (Tekken 2/3, FF7/8, R-Type Delta, Tomb Raider3, point blank2, time crisis project Titan are the ones I've got on my phone now, all of them work well in openGL), you know, I've tested about 200 games since early 2009 for FpseCE then Fpse, so no, I can't try them all for each new version, but I don't play only Final Fantasy like many people here :mrgreen:

My device have not Adreno 200, just check my signature to see what GPU is.

I am not the only one with performance problems like you can read, the marketing says "high performance" and "high compatibilty" but seems to be just the opposite, since the last bunch updates is buggy and slow, you only have to read the people comments.

Like I said many times, when I got tired of this I tried the other PSX emulator (can't say the name because is considered like spam and moderators delete it) and works without bugs and faster (so even with my middle-end device is possible run a PSX emulator :roll:), thats my proof/theory, thats all.

PS: Schtruck, I'm still waiting for that downgrade you promised me (v0.11.32 because is the more estable and fast for me and v0.10.xx too if is possible because I read a lot of positive comments about performance with this version),
Broadcom VideoCore IV (1080p capable) on Samsung Galaxy Ace "i"(only i/c/m models), Samsung Galaxy Y, Huayu T968 and Alcatel OT979 3G WCDMA (adding support...)

davidd
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: samsung galaxy 3
Operating System: android

Postby davidd » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:48 pm

Hello im playing chrono cross and the emulator has gone mute after it crashed when trying to load a quick save. Restarting my phone or the app changes nothing. As well as the app crashing again when i try to load the quick save.

deejayzee
Primary Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7''
Operating System: JB 4.1.2
ROM: AOKP

Postby deejayzee » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:36 pm

Reverb and pitch options don't stick after the last update. They only stick when no game is loaded

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:39 pm

i'm sorry guys, and especiallly icelaglace, but FPse can run on a 800mhz, the proof, take the JXD601 chinese console which run FPse fullspeed.

SO Ice la glace, i'm sure you are doing a mistake somewhere with your device, my HTC HD2 is a 1ghz device mono core and most of all games run full speed, somes are a bit slow like Tekken3, 40fps-45fps.

Saying FPse is slow is wrong, it's the fastest PS emu engine, now i'm sure there is a problem with your device. Perhaps the OpenGL is bad, and you should just run using Old software mode. Don't forget to unset Screen filtering because old device have no acceleration for this Bilinear filtering.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:01 pm

@deejayzee , hmm you're right they do not stay checked, hmm have to fix that now.

foleyjo
Enthusiast
Primary Device: JXD S601

Postby foleyjo » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:23 pm

Davidd when using quick saves make sure you hear some sound before,loading or you will,get no sound in game. I always wait for the bios sound before loading.

Schtruk - I'm still gettin stuttering sound with spusync on with the latest updates. It Iwas working fine till you released the sound fix.
I'm pretty sure,video is too fast also. The cut scenes,in wing commander 3 seem rushed compared to on a real system or psp.,

As for the performance debate- I'm on a JXD s601 and get full speed out of 99% of games in soft mode. Compatibilty is clpse to playing the games on a (modded) psp. I can get full speed with opengl + boost but I can't be fussed with all the options.

icelaglace
Primary Device: ACEi (GT-S5830i)
Operating System: 2.3.6
ROM: XXLH3

Postby icelaglace » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:45 pm

schtruck wrote:i'm sorry guys, and especiallly icelaglace, but FPse can run on a 800mhz, the proof, take the JXD601 chinese console which run FPse fullspeed.

SO Ice la glace, i'm sure you are doing a mistake somewhere with your device, my HTC HD2 is a 1ghz device mono core and most of all games run full speed, somes are a bit slow like Tekken3, 40fps-45fps.

Saying FPse is slow is wrong, it's the fastest PS emu engine, now i'm sure there is a problem with your device. Perhaps the OpenGL is bad, and you should just run using Old software mode. Don't forget to unset Screen filtering because old device have no acceleration for this Bilinear filtering.

What makes you think I'm running on OpenGL mode? :cry:
obviously, like I said lots of times I'm running on software mode, always.

Don't know what I'm doing wrong Schtruk, maybe you right and is "my" mistake, but like I said Epsxe runs great, what I'm doing great with this emu but wrong with FPse? don't know.

I'm really tired of say always the same thing and always get the same responses about my (NON) adreno 200 and (NON) runing on OpenGL mode, this is really frustrating,

(Oh yes, and then come that people saying things like, my "Galaxy Note 2" is "low-mid end", so your ACEi is the ultimate sh*t so can't run this) cmon guys be serious...

I have to supose you will not send me that downgrade you promised me, isn't? I'll go to start looking for a pirated version of fpse 0.10.xx (when I already pursached time ago for FPse), just embarrasing I know, but been honestly I'm tired.

Bye,
Last edited by icelaglace on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Broadcom VideoCore IV (1080p capable) on Samsung Galaxy Ace "i"(only i/c/m models), Samsung Galaxy Y, Huayu T968 and Alcatel OT979 3G WCDMA (adding support...)

menaelias
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Sony Tablet S
Operating System: 4.0.3 releace 5
ROM: stock

Postby menaelias » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:05 am

This is the configuration for I used for 3 only and go fast on Opengl plugin grates

http://www.subeimagenes.com/img/screens ... 41508.html

Seppo007
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC One S
Operating System: Android 4.0

Postby Seppo007 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:26 am

foleyjo wrote:Latest update with spu fix has caused me problems.

I'm getting stuttered echoed This is with SPUSync on and doesn't make a difference if I have the pitch or reverb effects on or not.

I'm also getting slow down in soft mode. Can't play bustagroove any more.

With regards to the sound delay, before updating I realised that the video in wing commander 3 was playing slightly faster than it should. It was like the sound was struggling to keep up with it.

Hi,
I just registered to quote this problem.

Got the same one here, but with MGS1! Since the update i can't enjoy the game any more.
Sound effects are now different but in a very ugly way. The games slows down while playing music in the background. Codec sequences are desynchronized.

Hope can be fixed soon! Thx!

Return to “News”