Fpse for Android News

deejayzee
Primary Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7''
Operating System: JB 4.1.2
ROM: AOKP

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby deejayzee » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:58 pm

There's something strange about sound in last version. Reverb option doesn't stick, but works. But when I play the game and hear that reverb works, I can go to sound options and reverb effect dissapears, even if I didn't touch any options.
Seems like low latency sound don't work, there's a delay between action and sound
Last edited by deejayzee on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chutia
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: Stock

Postby chutia » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:04 pm

Savaal wrote:Schtruck and guests...

I just want to say these few things...

1. I love Fpse. I have played and beaten ffvii, ffviii, and am working on ffix now. When I first got fpse, I couldn't even try opengl mode. It was slow and had bugs that made my game unplayable. But now I play with it all the time! Did it take time? Sure! Did I have to read specific forums regarding the games I was playing? Yes! Did I have to ask questions from time to time? Of course! Did I have to play with my settings a lot each time I started a new game? Absolutely! Did I have to reset my settings each time a new version of fpse was released? Yes sir! Do I love this emulator? So very much!

2. Schtruck, keep up the hard work! I develop in C++ and can appreciate just how much time and effort it takes to write code to make a computer do something that it wasn't originally programmed in hardware to do... This emulator is amazing! Some people get all bent out of shape over inconveniences. That is just the nature of consumerism. I hear people all the time say things like "I hate Verizon" or "I hate Microsoft". Sadly, most of those people just complain and do little to help make it better. Some try to help, and some try to help others enjoy their experiences as well! The fact is, every product has bugs. Every item ever made can be perfect for one person and all wrong for another. Every item can be improved. Does it take time? Absolutely. The light bulb took years And years to get to the point that it can last 1000+ hours in your home and be bright enough for daily use with enough reliability to make them worth the cost! So can we lighten up a little over the fact that Schtruck has to basically experiment with code and test and literally invent code out of thin air to create an effect that is missing from his product? And even then he wont know until everyone tests it whether or not it works for everyone and doesn't break something else. Android is a pain in the ass to work with. They don't have an easy way to just call or write and quickly get help when you need it. And all the while they have thousands of people working on it and even after all that it still has bugs! So lets give our one man band Schtruck some credit. Nobody can please everyone all of the time, but he really is the little engine that could. He tries so hard, and I never see him get discouraged when people rip on him for his flaws...

Just speaking from my heart...

I would like to add that this is not angry birds we are using here guys, this is a complicated piece of software, you are running a piece of software(fpse) on a mobile platform(android) that acts like a virtual machine emulating both hardware/software (psx hardware/software) which then must run all variety of other software (psx games).....not to mention dealing with a wide variety of mobile phone's hardware/software to be compliant with. ;)

There are a number of layers of abstraction that must be understood and where problems may easily arise. I have huge admiration for anyone developing an emulator on any platform, keep up the great work Schtruck, hope you get to the bottom of all these sound issues. :)

zschigi2
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2
Operating System: Android 2.3.3
ROM: stock

Postby zschigi2 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:53 pm

anyone else have graphic problems with silent hill (without gpu plugin) since one of the last updates?

icelaglace
Primary Device: ACEi (GT-S5830i)
Operating System: 2.3.6
ROM: XXLH3

Postby icelaglace » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:14 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:
Zehel wrote:As far as Opengl plugin, it is very buggy to even consider an option and a lot slower than bitting mode

Really depending on your device, I almost always use openGL mode, I've been using it since I had a dual core (the HTC Sensation) and I continue on the One-X. I sometimes use blittering mode if I have gfx glitches, but that's only for a very few games.
I think OpenGL needs at least dual core to be fine.

Anyways is buggy, maybe heres the coincidence you only play with the few games what have no bugs and are optimiced for this emulator :roll:

i900frenchaddict wrote:@Savaal : I wish we had a "thanks" button like at XDAdev !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But at XDA-developers the "thanks" button usually is used with people who help you in anything, but according to you, here the "thanks" button will be used with people with very high-end devices (so are FPse lovers) :D
Broadcom VideoCore IV (1080p capable) on Samsung Galaxy Ace "i"(only i/c/m models), Samsung Galaxy Y, Huayu T968 and Alcatel OT979 3G WCDMA (adding support...)

PulseVC
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Motorola Atrix(mb860)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: AtrICS

Postby PulseVC » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:30 am

Firstly I want to say awesome job Schtruck and keep up the good work.

The issue I'm having with FPSE is that the video setting(Boost high res games) isn't saving for Tekken or Metal Gear Solid but it does save for all my other games. I've tried resetting settings and re-installing FPSE but nothing seems to fix it.

I'm using the OpenGL-ES 2.0 blitter mode.
My device is a Motorola Atrix(mb860) and I'm running Android 4.0.4.

pigini
Primary Device: SE Xperia Play R800i
Operating System: GB 2.3.4
ROM: 4.0.2.A.0.69

Postby pigini » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:37 am

I can confirm that for Tekken3 on Xperia play in Blitter mode.
Boost highres games does not save here either.

foleyjo
Enthusiast
Primary Device: JXD S601

Postby foleyjo » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:07 am

Latest update with spu fix has caused me problems.

I'm getting stuttered echoed This is with SPUSync on and doesn't make a difference if I have the pitch or reverb effects on or not.

I'm also getting slow down in soft mode. Can't play bustagroove any more.

With regards to the sound delay, before updating I realised that the video in wing commander 3 was playing slightly faster than it should. It was like the sound was struggling to keep up with it.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:24 pm

i have to fix quickly the problem with Xapitch which stay ticked, and reverb that was set badly in previous versions. just fixed that.

about high res boost, i have released the version 0.11.57 which should fix it, as well as the shortcuts images.

pigini
Primary Device: SE Xperia Play R800i
Operating System: GB 2.3.4
ROM: 4.0.2.A.0.69

Postby pigini » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:15 pm

Thanx for the latest update schtruck.
The boost hires thingy is fixed and blitter mode performs perfectly well again.
...and I appreciate the touchpad support for the xperia play. (Its not new in that version, but it is for me, because I did not take every update.)

Just one question:
Is the hardware acceleration option supposed not to stick in blitter mode?
I'm not sure if it does anything. It does not seem to make a difference if it's checked or not in blitter mode. In old software mode it makes a difference and it stays enabled.

Zehel
Primary Device: xperia play
Operating System: Android
ROM: stock

Postby Zehel » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:12 am

Well, it seems you have a 832 MHz CPU with Adreno 200 GPU, so sure OpenGL won't work well on your device. It has about the same hardware as an HTC HD2 that was a star 3 years ago (not to mention that the HD2 could be overclocked up to 1.7ghz and remain stable)

As I said, openGL IMO shouldn't be used with single core CPU and/or more than 2years old GPU. It's not a bug, it's like trying to play a tegra3 game or the latest Gameloft game (with full effects enabled, not a limited version for low end devices) on a phone that can't handle it.

Today middle-end devices are dual core, they can use openGL, very high end devices are quad-core.

At first, 1ghz CPU was recommanded to use Fpse, it was before openGL was done. Now it's possible to run Fpse with 800mhz but that's the extreme minimum, and it should be used in "old software" or "blittering" mode.
A PC could hardly emulate the PS1 with 800mhz and 512Mo Ram only

So tell me what games have bug for you, I'll try them on my HTC Sensation and on my HTC One-X (Tekken 2/3, FF7/8, R-Type Delta, Tomb Raider3, point blank2, time crisis project Titan are the ones I've got on my phone now, all of them work well in openGL), you know, I've tested about 200 games since early 2009 for FpseCE then Fpse, so no, I can't try them all for each new version, but I don't play only Final Fantasy like many people here :mrgreen:[/quote]

Well i tried chrono cross on opengl and the menu when i started the game was messed up (it was on a previous version though)Whereas i admit that high res is very sexy on other games i tried it definately needs a dualcore and a better gpu.Over the years of experience with emulators i recomend pal versions of psx games for low end devices since the fps capacity is 50 and it has a slighty better resolution than ntsc(60 fps capacity).I always considered opengl plugin a bonus so it isnt a big deal.Oh and one request if it ever reaches Schtruck,i noticed some sound issues on resident evil 3 nemesis which i didnt encounder before it is like sound skipping on video sequences and i need some help with koudelka too, i stoped playing it because sound is terribad on videos is there any tweak i need to apply?

Return to “News”