FPSE crashing every 2-45 mins

Stewbert
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy Ace S5830

FPSE crashing every 2-45 mins

Postby Stewbert » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:26 pm

Hey guys,

I have been playing FF7, 8 and 9 on my Galaxy Ace S5830, they all run smoothly enough for me (slow down in battle a bit, but with the latest version that sped up close to 60fps). My problem is no matter what game I play I will just get random crashes every few minutes with some longer stretches lasting close to an hour without a crash (this is rare). I've looked around a lot on the net but not many people use my phone & FPSE and those that do don't seem to have crash problems like I do. The crashes arent based on glitches as I have no problem progressing through the game past a point I previously had a crash at (currently on disc 2 FF9 and had many, many crashes). I use a combination of in-game saving and save-states. Neither make a difference though sometimes using states will cause an immediate crash where as in-game saves never cause an instant crash but will still crash in time. (I have tried playing with just states & just with in-game saving)

The crashes differ in effect eachtime. Sometimes the game will close and FPSE will remain open sending me back to the main menu and i can reload and carry on. Sometimes the screen will freeze and a few seconds later close to desktop. Other times it will blackscreen then shutdown to desktop again.

Any ideas? I am aware my phone isn't the most powerful phone out there, but considering how smoothly it runs "when" it runs and what other people have said it seems like FPSE can work on the phone.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help.

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: FPSE crashing every 2-45 mins

Postby bluezeak » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:51 am

Schtruck said a while ago that some phones have a memory problem and that you should try eliminating background processes that are using memory. Give that a shot.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Stewbert
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy Ace S5830

Re: FPSE crashing every 2-45 mins

Postby Stewbert » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:16 pm

Hey thanks for a reply!

Before I play I always open up my running services and close everything except the keyboard function. Most times I restart the phone as well before doing so to close any invisble programmes (have also tried not closing programmes). So far this hasn't amounted to any improvements.

I've tried playing with the settings a little but to be honest I don't understand most/all of the settings so I don't know which settings if any would be most likely to change/affect crash rates, any suggestions here?. I've reinstalled FPSE multiple times, and I run it with the default plugin rather than OpenGL as it slows my phone down and it plays a lot better with the default.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I'm quite far through one or two games but the crashes are starting to dehearten me from carrying on. Even with instant saves and loads its a pain. I'm crashing every few screens on final fantasy now.

Return to “General Discussion”