RPG recommendation

jetb88
Primary Device: samsung galaxy s2
Operating System: android ICS

Re: RPG recommendation

Postby jetb88 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:33 pm

For all my games i use the overlay pad with no issues. Tbh, the only type of game i ever have trouble using the overlay pad is fps games. Everything else is playable, and considering there aren't many fps' for the ps1 its not that big a deal. I happily use the overlay pad shoulder buttons for ,eg aim in resident evil or accelerate/decelerate in ace combat. Everyone is different of course but i shouldn't imagine there would be too many issues controlling rpgs.

vemny
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Motorola Droid Razr M
Operating System: Android ICS
ROM: Stock

Postby vemny » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:00 pm

Pretty sure Legend of Dragoon wasn't mentioned. It's definitely a good rpg to try.

As a side note, I love that grinding for levels in any rpg evolved from being a chore on a console to a pleasure on a smartphone. Save states seem to be meant for a quick battle here and there.

Krovlar
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Operating System: Android 4.0.1

Postby Krovlar » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:42 pm

Are you using the Galaxy Note phone or the Tablet? If its the tablet, I know this is the FPSe forums, but i cant recommend Avadon enough as a tablet RPG, it runs super zippy on the Note too, better than my iPad.
Last edited by Krovlar on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sanspoof
Primary Device: GT-N7000
Operating System: 4.0.4

Postby sanspoof » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:51 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:I often set my Vol- hardware button as R (or the most usefull shoulder button). For some games, it can be enough, for others, it's not enough at all ^^

So you can assign actions to the volume button? That's fantastic! I didn't even know you could do that. That's going to really help. thanks.

sanspoof

Postby sanspoof » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:54 pm

Krovlar wrote:Are you using the Galaxy Note phone or the Tablet? If its the tablet, I know this is the FPSe forums, but i cant recommend Avadon as a tablet RPG, it runs super zippy on the Note too, better than my iPad.

Sorry for not making it clear, I'm using the Galaxy Note phone. Cheers for the suggestion. (I'm assuming you meant "can recommend") :)

Krovlar

Postby Krovlar » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:14 pm

Well, since its the phone i do have another suggestion. I tend to prefer Western style rpgs, or Zelda style, over the traditional Japanese RPG that is Final Fantasy style. Ive been playing Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain. Its a dark fantasy style game that plays like Zelda a bit. Really in depth and amazing voice acting/story so far.

sanspoof

Postby sanspoof » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:34 pm

Krovlar wrote:Well, since its the phone i do have another suggestion. I tend to prefer Western style rpgs, or Zelda style, over the traditional Japanese RPG that is Final Fantasy style. Ive been playing Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain. Its a dark fantasy style game that plays like Zelda a bit. Really in depth and amazing voice acting/story so far.

Thanks I'll check it out. I also prefer western style RPGs so that might be right up my street. Also I just realised that I misread your original post and that "can't recommend enough" was exactly what you meant :)

Krovlar

Postby Krovlar » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:34 pm

You didnt misread, I corrected once you pointed it out :)

Krovlar

Postby Krovlar » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:14 pm

Double post, sorry.

Return to “General Discussion”