Fpse for Android News

foleyjo
Enthusiast
Primary Device: JXD S601

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby foleyjo » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:43 am

Bored42 wrote:
Id like that. That way I can have games take up less space and I would not have to buy another SD card just to add more games. :D

Have you tried using eboot (*.pbp) files? They can take up less space.You can even put multidisc games into 1 eboot file but unfortunatly fpse won't run multidisc eboots.....yet

kaiser20xx
Primary Device: r800i
Operating System: android
ROM: stock

CTR bug

Postby kaiser20xx » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:56 am

Can anyone fix my CTR problem :(
Attachments
screen_20120930_1617.png
Before use "Clock Skill"
screen_20120930_1617.png (248.98 KiB) Viewed 15327 times
screen_20120930_1618.png
After use "Clock Skill"
screen_20120930_1618.png (123.72 KiB) Viewed 15327 times

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:33 am

FPse 0.11.51 just pushed to the market:
- Xperia play analog pad support! thanks to Thiago.
- New Sound option 'Reduce Latency' , switch on from audio menu and select level to MISC menu. Lower is better (take care, if you have black screen change this value.
- New 'Create/edit cheats'. edit is limited to 100kb.
- New Framelimiter level option from MISC menu. will help you to tune speed.
- Fixed Cheat engine.
- Fixed crash when call received

So to give you details, Reduce sound latency will work on most of all devices, but the lower and medium level won't work on somes devices, so if you have black screen keep High. But Low gives the best results on my side.

About the Xperia play analog pad support, it works, but there is flood of calls, which slowdown a bit emulation,

Framelimiter level is very usefull, you'll see.

ANd normaly cheat should work as before and even better because fixed one bug. And now you can edit manually Cheat codes.

Bored42
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android
ROM: stock

Postby Bored42 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:11 pm

foleyjo wrote:
Bored42 wrote:
Id like that. That way I can have games take up less space and I would not have to buy another SD card just to add more games. :D

Have you tried using eboot (*.pbp) files? They can take up less space.You can even put multidisc games into 1 eboot file but unfortunatly fpse won't run multidisc eboots.....yet

Thats what I'm currently using.(that and psxperia) but ripping audio to mp3 save even more.
For example: Megaman complete works
bin=287.8 mb
eboot= about 142 mb
ripping audio to mp3= about 30 mb

fpse .11.51- analog works well. guitar sounds in lammy play. but the bottom part of the screen is still cropped out and now all point blank games cause fpse to forceclose. Good update nonetheless.

Update: Now selecting any game causes Fpse to forceclose.
Last edited by Bored42 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luutarhuri
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S 3
ROM: Stock 4.0.4

Postby Luutarhuri » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:41 pm

The update didn't help with the cheats at all :| I like the ability to edit them straight in the app though, so that is good.

Here is what the automatic cheat download gives for Final Fantasy 9 North American versio http://i.imgur.com/9vzku.png

Here is my own cheats http://i.imgur.com/dv93x.png and this is what it shows after http://i.imgur.com/IUlAm.png

Even that one cheat doesn't work at all. After that I tried to find different cheats from the Internet. None of the cheats I tested worked. I even tried to uninstall FPSe, removed cheat files and re-installed it. No help.

Those both cheats worked perfectly prior the few previous updates so those ones aren't incorrect.

edit: most of the cheats worked on Final Fantasy 7 though. So might it be that the problems now are just with FF9? Though, not all cheats were displayed with the FF7 either.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:54 pm

i have to check that.

jacklebott
Primary Device: Xperia Play
ROM: Gingerbread 2.3.4 (Gin2JellyBean theme)

Postby jacklebott » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:59 pm

Yay, thanks for fixing the in-battle voices in Tales of Symphonia with enhanced sound emulation. The low setting for reduced latency crashes the games, but medium works fine :)

Katsura
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2

Postby Katsura » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:10 pm

I don't know what to think of FPSE anymore :( The last updates produce more and more rubbish. You (schtruck) always said "the sound is now almost perfect" but it never was for me. Stop saying that! Do we need that many Audio options? I think they just confuse other users. Take your time, don't hurry! Updates should make things better, not more complicated or even worse...

Primary Device: Galaxy S3 (I9300) Exynos 4412
Operating System: Cortex-A9, Mali-400
ROM: 4.2.2 CM10.1, 1280x720

Postby 6502 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:28 pm

Cheats don't work here either but they do seem to poke something in memory because they produce strange side effects in some games. I'm using confirmed (in previous version working) codes as well.

Some options are not persistent (enable hardware acceleration, enhanced audio). They are disabled again after FPse restart. But i have to admit i've never seen any improvement or change at all after enabling these beside the fact that 'hardware acceleration' once fixed a freeze problem for me (pressing <menu> button froze display buffer until FPse instance got reloaded). That problem is no more present in recent versions though. Not sure if these options are valid at all for my hardware.

Hardware:
Samsung Galaxy S+ (S9001)
Android 4.0.4/CM9
MSM8255T Snapdragon S2 1.4 GHz Scorpion CPU
Adreno 205 GPU

Luutarhuri
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S 3
ROM: Stock 4.0.4

Postby Luutarhuri » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:40 pm

I also have to confirm the audio problems. None of the games I have tried have had proper audios. I've tried the settings in multiple different ways with the same results. It also makes the games laggy. It's not that big of a deal for me though, I play them in mute anyway.

6502, do you see all the cheats on your cheat list? It would be nice to know does this happen just for me or to others too. The fact that the cheats doesn't work properly is obvious but I don't recall any other user saying anything about some of the cheats missing from the list.

Return to “News”