No gamepad/keyboard working. Keys will map, won't work.

Krovlar
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Operating System: Android 4.0.1
ROM: Stock

No gamepad/keyboard working. Keys will map, won't work.

Postby Krovlar » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:47 pm

Hello all,

I just got my galaxy note 10.1, downloaded FPSe and I was playing a game. Worked great. Then I tried using my bluetooth keyboard (logitech) and it lets me map the keys, so I use WASD for the dpad. Except, when I load into the game, the arrow keys are the only things that respond. Then I decided I'd try the Wiimote. Got that set up, worked on droidemu, tried it on FPSe. Again, it let me assign the buttons near as I could tell, but nothing would work in game. I read somewhere this might be do to Samsungs Keyboard, and how I can't turn the dang thing off. If that is not the case, any help would be appreciated. If it IS the case, I may have to root, which I am a little concerned about as it is (never done it, this is my first Android product).

I've also read on other forums that other people are having problems with this too, and it could be due to an update. Again, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Krovlar

Re: No gamepad/keyboard working. Keys will map, won't work.

Postby Krovlar » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:17 am

Ok, I got the keyboard to register by using BluezIME. There is only one major problem now. Often the input will...freeze? Lag? Not sure what to call it. When it happens, if I am pressing left for instance it will continue pressing left for a good 2 seconds or so after I stop. Even if I press the other direction. Sometimes I will press a button and nothing will happen, but it feels like it's in that "frozen" state. The bluetooth connection seems to be fine, and it (so far) is only happening with UFO: Enemy Unknown. Any ideas? Could it be one of the configuration options for BluezIME?

Krovlar

Re: No gamepad/keyboard working. Keys will map, won't work.

Postby Krovlar » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:38 pm

Ok, a new update. It has nothing to do with the bluetooth keyboard. It turns out that it does that massive input lag thing even with the overlay, so it's has nothing to do with BluezIME. Doesn't just happen with FPSe either, so it has to be my copy of XCom. Gonna pull out the old PSOne today and see if it's doing that on the original hardware.

Return to “General Discussion”