Fpse for Android News

snakebyte
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Ace
Operating System: Andriod 2.3.5
ROM: stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby snakebyte » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:33 am

Since upgrade, FFVII saved game will not load and getting the error message: set spusync to on for the save game. So I set it to on before i load the game and check the setting and it has forgot that i just turned it on. So i go back to settings after game has loaded and set it again, then i load the save state and still get the same error message!?

Kethus
Primary Device: Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
Operating System: Android

Postby Kethus » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:39 pm

Action-Man controls are still messed up.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:21 pm

guys about weird sound it caused by latency... if you want to get good sound just set redunce latency in audio menu before starting a game. had to propose as an option because that caused problem on some old devices...

about cheat download and erase, yes it s a mistake, just do that:

when entering into cheats menu , read the place and the name of the txt file, the replace this file with your file renamed.

Crugath
Primary Device: HTC One 32GB
Operating System: Android 4.2.2
ROM: TrickDroid 8.0.0

Postby Crugath » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:42 pm

If I enable Reduce Latency in the Audio menu on my Galaxy SII, it causes the emulator to hang for about a minute before going back to the menu. It's done this on every game I've tried (FFVII, Gran Turismo 2, Castlevania Symphony of the Night and Resident Evil 1). If I disable Reduce Latency, everything works fine as before. Which is a shame.

Edit: I have also tried reinstalling FPSE, and resetting everything several times.

Luutarhuri
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S 3
ROM: Stock 4.0.4

Postby Luutarhuri » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:58 pm

schtruck wrote:about cheat download and erase, yes it s a mistake, just do that:

when entering into cheats menu , read the place and the name of the txt file, the replace this file with your file renamed.
I tried this. Now I see my own cheats like they should but even now the cheats doesn't work. I used the same cheats that worked prior the update.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:24 pm

send me the cheat file please.

Bored42
Primary Device: Xperia Play

Postby Bored42 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:18 pm

I still cant hear the guitar noises even though i used sound latency.

Mpanda_fr
Primary Device: Galaxy S3

Postby Mpanda_fr » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:33 pm

Re...

Do you have a solution for my problem ?? plzzz ??

A tu une solution à mon probleme stp ??

Mpanda_fr
Primary Device: Galaxy S3

Postby Mpanda_fr » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:10 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:Tes Tomb Raiders, ils freezent apres le menu de selection du jeu, j'ai bon?
A me rappelle un vieux bug si c'est ça...pareil en software et en openGL ? Pareil avec et sans SyncSpu ? Ah et heu....y'a la section française dans multi-language hein^^ Schtruck y passe aussi ;)

Coucou, en fait j'ai essayer dans les topic FR, le topic "Game spécific Help" et maintenant celui... et aucune solution depuis... sa fait un long moment déjà...

Sinon oui j'ai essayer avec tout les paramètre dispo sur fpse et rien... toujours ces freez lors de l’appui des ces touches (start, select)... alors que le reste marche à merveille, c frustrant :(

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4

Postby bluezeak » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:27 pm

Everyone:

I was one of the main people working with Schtruck on doing sound testing. Schtruck kept saying for the last several updates that the sound is 'perfect now!'. I was telling him, "it's better, but still is still not quite right".

I got a new device - Samsung's Google Nexus. Almost exact same hardware (TI OMAP 4430 with PowerVR SGX540 GPU). New phone has 1.2 Ghz vs old phone's 1.0 Ghz CPU, and it has a different ROM - old is stock Motorola ROM android 2.3.4, new is (upgraded) stock Google ROM android 4.1.1.

On my old phone sound in FF7, specifically opening credits, was off. Just a bit. Had a weird issue where it would ... hickup. As if it missed a part and had to skip to the next part. Pretty subtle, mainly noticable because I knew what it SHOULD sound like. The new phone - no problem, sound was SO good.

Schtruck worked and worked the issue. He has a similar phone and was able to see the issue.

In the end, the problem was two fold. 1) sound timing/buffering, as schtuck mentioned in a previous post, and which he put an option in for in the latest version. This is what causes some phones (including mine) to totally crash. 2) reverb. When some games use reverb, this causes some issues - I didn't understand this, schtruck told me about it. He said it was a big deal though.

Schtruck rolled some things (it may have been the reverb stuff?) into the 'enhanced audio' option. He thought he had the buffering fixed ... clearly not, as all !@#$ broke loose for phones that the new buffering didn't work on.

This is a FANTASTIC example of the issues faced with emulation. Increase performance (i.e. make sound better) - BREAK compatibility. But, not compatibility for everyone, just for people whose hardware isn't adequate, or adequately configured (drivers / ROM). Again, my two devices hardware are almost exactly the same.

Poor Schtruck has been going crazy with this. Trying to make FPSE better. Trying to make it work on all devices. Trying to not make it too complicated with too many options for users. Doing all this for people that don't understand, and don't care - they just want their games to work. For the most part, I don't blame them - I mean we just want to play games generally, not play with the emulator itself. The people in the forums here are an exception - most people here care :).

Totally aside from the sound issues, he's dealing with the menu system, controller interface issues, and of course keeping the bugs out of the emulator itself.

Schtruck - keep up the good work. You're doing awesome.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Return to “News”