I've been using fpse for some time now and love every update,
it definitly shows that you put a lot of time and effort in the application.
In order to get maximum juice out of the application, finetuning the settings for each game is essential,
but because of the lack of documentation I can't really decide if some settings are beneficial.
Is it possible to get eleborate information on each of these settings?
- Boost mode
- Autosave: Option to autosave a game when quitting and autoload when reloading it. (It's recommended to tune the audio/video settings before setting this option to avoid savestate problems)
- Dynamic interpreter: Some games require the interpreter to run, only use when needed.
- Fast boot: Bypass the PSX bios animation
- Null sound plugin: Disable sound emulation to get boost.
- Spusync: Sync audio with the game, recommended for many games. This results in better sound emulation but uses more CPU.
- Enhance sound emulation: When Spusync is turned on, this option increases the number of emulated sound effects
- Mute: Forces game volume to 0
- Print FPS: Prints the number of frames per second on the top left corner.
- Special screen size: Sets the screen size choosen in the MISC menu.
- Brightness boost
- Force Landscape Orientation: Locks application orientation to landscape mode.
- Invertcolors: Fix for some games that have inverted colors, use to double invert to normal colors.
- Enhanced 3D rendering
- Hardware acceleration
- Boost high res games
Thanks for the hard work and I'm looking forward to more updates in the future.